This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: Pee Wee AA 2018-19  (Read 197063 times)

Kangaroo Jack

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +100/-61
Re: Pee Wee AA 2018-19
« Reply #225 on: September 06, 2018, 07:55:59 PM »

Easy, comrade! Your Ice Mutt love is getting on the furniture!  Gross.  That’ll take an extra strength steam cleaner to get out.  And besides, didn’t I tell you how things work here?  Me and my fine friends at CAHA tell YOU how it is… and you accept it! 

So if you’re venturing into the deep end with accusations and innuendo about the Freedom Fighters of El Segundo… you better come with more than a “not joke.” 

And watch the tone, NoSoCal… we’ve had your wretched litter on our radar before… this type of hockey pride or hubris will NOT be tolerated.  So start toeing the line or the Vacaville Dream-Crusher will neuter your wild pack like we did the Riptide and the West Valley Wolves.  Never heard of those clubs?  Exactly. 

Thin ice, Mutts, thin ice. 

Respectfully,
Kangaroo Jack
Sr. Vice President of Shenanigans & Tomfoolery
Director of the OC Ghost Rostering & Russian Orphan Outreach Program
Proctor for the Small Club Suppression Initiative
I believe in #daddycoaches 🧐

ScottyB#22

• Mite
  • LR Justice +1/-0
« Reply #226 on: September 07, 2018, 06:39:45 AM »
How did the "prove me" game go last night?
OC vrs Goldrush?

In The Crease

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +38/-12
« Reply #227 on: September 07, 2018, 08:05:17 AM »
How did the "prove me" game go last night?
OC vrs Goldrush?

OC 3 Goldrush 1

Just a note, for the jamboree they were missing one of top scorers (2 broken arms) and one of best skaters (ankle).  Still did well against Maple Leafs (W 2-0), but really struggled against Ice Dogs.  For GR game, I believe skater was back, but arms are still 4 plus weeks out.

LetsGoRangers

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +12/-12
« Reply #228 on: September 07, 2018, 10:37:43 AM »
So I am clear, are we saying that a 3-1 win against a PWA team was a positive or negative?

Bear71

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +34/-9
« Reply #229 on: September 07, 2018, 10:50:38 AM »
So I am clear, are we saying that a 3-1 win against a PWA team was a positive or negative?

Ask Ice Dogs 1, as they have experience with their 3-1 win vs. Reign over the weekend.

lcadad

• AHL
  • LR Justice +151/-121
« Reply #230 on: September 07, 2018, 02:22:44 PM »
This is my conclusion about evaluation based on last year's PWAA:

1.  Clubs are asked in advance to evaluate whether a team expects to be Flight1 or Flight2.  While politics might easily discount a self-assessment, if your club was to have self-evaluated your team as "Flight2" it is very hard to overcome that.

2. There is an internal list with pre-jamboree rankings.  This year it was especially evident based on the first round of games, as to whether you were expected to be Flight1 or Flight2, as they had most of the games be "same flight" contests.

3.  In the 3rd game, teams that looked like they might be somewhere between Flight1 & 2 were given games to assess that.

4. The *only* way you seem to get points in the Jamboree that might move the evaluation needle upwards, is if you *upset* a team that you were not expected to beat.  Close losses, or loss even with fairly even Shots on goal don't seem to matter.  If you didn't notice any evaluators watching a game, most likely that is because the game was essentially perfunctory.  There were only so many evaluators, and from what I saw, their interest level is limited.

5. Politics.  The big clubs get the benefit of the doubt, other clubs don't.

Best of luck to you all, and remember, that PW is just a year or 2 in the long journey of youth hockey.  Be sure to provide feedback to your club in regards to your experiences and assessment.  All the clubs are able to vote on these rule changes and programs.  If you feel they are broken, you have to let the club know, specifically and perhaps in writing.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 04:29:45 PM by lcadad »

ScottyB#22

• Mite
  • LR Justice +1/-0
« Reply #231 on: September 07, 2018, 04:16:42 PM »

I would say, a positive. From pre-season chatter...GR was going to be a AA team.....then changed thier mind to single A, meaning they could be a “high A” team??

I wonder what shots on goal was....?

lcadad

• AHL
  • LR Justice +151/-121
« Reply #232 on: September 07, 2018, 05:02:13 PM »
Agree with ScottyB on this.  The "prove me" games are exactly that -- proving that a team is better than a top level A team  While that still might leave the team at the bottom of AA readiness, it at least establishes that the team has a legitimate case to be made for wanting to remain at AA even if that means it will be tough sledding along the way. 

There is almost always some fluidity between teams at the top/bottom of a Level from AAA all the way to B, and especially at PW where there are more players and teams than at any other age group.  Some of the top PWA teams historically have been able to knock off lower AA teams in tournaments showing that they could have played in AA had they chosen to. 

This is not a phenomenon unique to PWAA.  Last season, the top BantamAA team (03) would have easily finished in top 50 AAA teams nationally.  Certainly that team was the exception, but it came via reaction to the rules and overall state of the California hockey system at present.   

hockeypop5792

• Mite
  • LR Justice +11/-23
« Reply #233 on: September 07, 2018, 07:43:47 PM »
GR 1 team is indeed NOT a strong A team and a 2 goal win over GR only proves that OC PWAA team is even mediocre if they play A.  Why would parents wanna pay extra to scrape the bottom of PWAA anyway? Any coach pushing a struggling team to play out of their league should be suspect.

alfirst

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +16/-39
« Reply #234 on: September 07, 2018, 11:10:41 PM »
Totally agree with the last post - Goldrush 1 is 07 team made of mostly last year Squirt BB players.
Goldrush 2 is 06s and stronger as more players already had PW experience.

GR flirted with AA idea only for a little while  - when they expected/wished better talent to come to clinics etc.etc. Did not get the players they wanted and quickly settled for 2 PWA teams split predominantly by age. 

OC did look better for the most part of the game but GR1 just started to figure out lines etc. as it's essentially a new team

• Midget
  • LR Justice +36/-53
  • So how about it boys? Look like hockey to you?
« Reply #235 on: September 08, 2018, 12:58:59 PM »
Don’t worry Bear,  we understand why you prefer to talk about the Ice Dogs’ game with the Reign rather than the Kings’ game with the Ice Dogs (or the Kings’ game with the Gulls 1 for that matter).  Was losing to and tying the only Flight 1 teams your Kings faced a positive or a negative experience?  As for the Dogs’ game with Reign, no one feels the need to make “excuses.”   Maybe it is because they were actually at the game or maybe it is because they went 4-0 and, well, lets face it, teams that run the table rarely feel the need to make "excuses."  Let me give you a textbook  example of an excuse often run out at this time of the season:  “It is early September, not late January.”   Sound familiar?  Bet you didn’t happen to run that one by ‘Roo who, when he isn’t trolling on the AA thread, is busy on the AAA thread gloating over Kings AAA’s “early September” wins over the Ducks.   Anyway, Bear, your team accomplished what 19 teams went to Valencia to do, they just didn’t give you bragging rights.  Congrats on getting the job done at the Jamboree, and maybe, just maybe, be happy that it looks like there should be a number of teams that can push each other to get better each week.  Maybe then one or more of these teams will become something special in late January... 
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 01:00:20 PM by 6607 »

Bear71

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +34/-9
« Reply #236 on: September 08, 2018, 01:51:55 PM »
You got me.  Ice Dogs clearly are the front runners now that you have set me straight.  Next time, perhaps your goalie won’t get the knob of his stick on that shot and a different outcome will occur.  See you in October.

Rocket91

• Mite
  • LR Justice +0/-0
« Reply #237 on: September 08, 2018, 07:52:53 PM »
Vacaville Jets A beat Sharks AA(2).  3-2

PuckMonster

• Mite
  • LR Justice +2/-0
« Reply #238 on: September 08, 2018, 09:30:28 PM »

I guess I was wrong.  Sounds like the Sharks are once again contenders.

overHEATed

• Mite
  • LR Justice +9/-1
« Reply #239 on: September 08, 2018, 10:14:42 PM »
SHOCKER! Both Sharks teams are mid-lower level PWA teams.