This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: Pee Wee AA 2018-19  (Read 197676 times)

socalhockeydad

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +31/-57
Re: Pee Wee AA 2018-19
« Reply #45 on: May 29, 2018, 06:37:52 PM »
Sorry if I missed that.  I don't think they expect to have a Flight1 team, but I do know the coach and the program, and I know there will be development and improvement over the course of the season.

I agree - their package for AA is one of the best and with Pavel I would be excited if I was a 07 and part of that team. 

NotfromSoCal

• Mite
  • LR Justice +4/-19
« Reply #46 on: May 30, 2018, 12:54:03 AM »
The Bay Area Blazers are a tournament team and wont even have a regular season team.  Many of these teams that played in Carmen Star are not even the same teams or the same players that will play next season.  Not sure how you come to any conclusions other than a complete guess.

FlySouthAAA

• Mite
  • LR Justice +6/-2
« Reply #47 on: May 30, 2018, 11:04:31 AM »
Blazers kids are mostily A and B skaters from NorCal clubs. Blazers is the spring program for them.
Sharks also have 2 teams in AA this season.

socalhockeydad

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +31/-57
« Reply #48 on: May 30, 2018, 11:12:20 AM »
"rankings" are based on what I saw at Carmen Starr and heard about at Ice Station. Yes, those teams are not the exact rosters that will be playing next season but for most of them that is damn well close...we all know Memorial Day tournaments are usually a tryout before the tryouts.

So, because I have nothing better to do but rank 10/11/12 year olds...

Playoff teams
  1 - Jr Ducks 1 (Runtso)
2 - Jr Kings 1 (Calder)
3 - GSE North
4 - Empire
5 - Jr Gulls 1
6 - GSE South
7 - Wave
8- Jr Sharks 1

Non-playoff teams
9 - Jr Reign
10 - Jr Ducks 2
11 - Jr Kings 2 (07)
12 - Ice Dogs 1
13 - OCHC 1
14 - SJ Sharks 2
15 - Jr Flyers
16 - OCHC 2
17 - Jr Gulls 2
18 - Ice Dogs 2
19 - Bears

lcadad

• AHL
  • LR Justice +151/-121
« Reply #49 on: May 30, 2018, 12:12:22 PM »
Fun to see the rebuttal, but without someone risking an assessment initially, it's crickets. 

My question though, aren't most of the Patriots going to be JK's? 

overHEATed

• Mite
  • LR Justice +9/-1
« Reply #50 on: May 30, 2018, 12:47:47 PM »
Patriots 2006 PWAAA from CS  (Not the Selects) will be Calder's Kings PWAA team. They will tweak final roster by 2-3 different or additional players.
Adjust your rankings accordingly.

rmackintosh

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +10/-18
« Reply #51 on: May 30, 2018, 12:54:00 PM »
socalhockeydad, you are either trying to make the ducks or kings team, know nothing about hockey or are really trolling this board...

Reality in red:

2 - Jr Kings 1 (Calder) (Lost to Patriots, Blazers, Ducks, and GSE at CS. Barely beat a weak Gulls team, are you also trying to make this team as well? Might want to keep your ringer on for this team as well)

3 - GSE North (Great showing at CS, made it to finals before losing. Beat BOTH teams ranked above them. Have a few really strong kids on that team. They will be in the top 5 for sure)

Hockey Dad 123, here's some reality in black.

Unfortunately for GSE, the Patriots team they lost to 8-1 is basically the Kings that will be AA next season. But the really bad news for GSE is that they'll be also adding a couple of kids from the Western Patriots (who also beat GSE 8-1), as well as a kid or two from the Kings team they did beat (congrats on smoking a peewee A team!) and a couple who didn't play this weekend. Thanks for kicking all that awesome knowledge in red though! And congrats to GSE on a great showing. You know, minus the two games they lost 8-1 that went to running clock. 

I have no idea who was on that GSE Carmen Starr team, but you should know that GSE does not field "fall rostered" teams in spring. The GSE spring teams are just a bunch of kids from their spring program who want to go experience a tournament with great coaching. The teams typically are a hodge podge of North/South players and most times they are filled with kids taking a look at the program. Oftentimes the GSE regulars are taking the spring season off for other sports, etc.

HockeyDad123

• Mite
  • LR Justice +5/-25
« Reply #52 on: May 30, 2018, 01:03:09 PM »
Fun to see the rebuttal, but without someone risking an assessment initially, it's crickets. 

My question though, aren't most of the Patriots going to be JK's?

Icadad,

So glad you saw the irony in my post. My "red" comments were just as speculative and ridiculous as ranking teams that have not even held tryouts yet. Until players are signed a lot can happen.

Good Luck to everyone this season. Hoping for some competitive hockey all around. 

Hockey05

• Midget
  • LR Justice +59/-33
« Reply #53 on: May 30, 2018, 01:08:46 PM »
Buyer beware, the question here is if CAHA sticks to what it has done previously and limits these flights to two divisions with 16 teams max.  IMO, a lot of time and money spent here (wasted) in breaking PWAA to two flights.  If they do limit PW tier II to 16 teams then your kid might be playing the same 5 teams in flight two all year.  But they could also go the other direction with it.  If you are playing the same 5 teams in flight 1 you may want to beef up your out of town schedule.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 01:24:21 PM by Hockey05 »

socalhockeydad

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +31/-57
« Reply #54 on: May 30, 2018, 01:50:27 PM »
socalhockeydad, you are either trying to make the ducks or kings team, know nothing about hockey or are really trolling this board...

Reality in red:

2 - Jr Kings 1 (Calder) (Lost to Patriots, Blazers, Ducks, and GSE at CS. Barely beat a weak Gulls team, are you also trying to make this team as well? Might want to keep your ringer on for this team as well)

3 - GSE North (Great showing at CS, made it to finals before losing. Beat BOTH teams ranked above them. Have a few really strong kids on that team. They will be in the top 5 for sure)

Hockey Dad 123, here's some reality in black.

Unfortunately for GSE, the Patriots team they lost to 8-1 is basically the Kings that will be AA next season. But the really bad news for GSE is that they'll be also adding a couple of kids from the Western Patriots (who also beat GSE 8-1), as well as a kid or two from the Kings team they did beat (congrats on smoking a peewee A team!) and a couple who didn't play this weekend. Thanks for kicking all that awesome knowledge in red though! And congrats to GSE on a great showing. You know, minus the two games they lost 8-1 that went to running clock. 

Quick correction...CS only shows a 7 goal differential...the margin of victory was actually higher for both patriot teams.

socalhockeydad

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +31/-57
« Reply #55 on: May 30, 2018, 01:54:54 PM »

I have no idea who was on that GSE Carmen Starr team, but you should know that GSE does not field "fall rostered" teams in spring. The GSE spring teams are just a bunch of kids from their spring program who want to go experience a tournament with great coaching. The teams typically are a hodge podge of North/South players and most times they are filled with kids taking a look at the program. Oftentimes the GSE regulars are taking the spring season off for other sports, etc.

Additional correction...in talking to GSE parents that team seems to have a core of what their team will be next year. As I have said A FEW TIMES these arent the actually 18/19 AA teams but they, for the most part, are pretty close...or at least close enough to get a good sense of how they will be.

Also, if you are angry about a meaningless ranking to get conversations going for next season you should probably start smoking some weed...it is legal now.

LetsGoRangers

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +12/-12
« Reply #56 on: May 30, 2018, 02:01:59 PM »
Buyer beware, the question here is if CAHA sticks to what it has done previously and limits these flights to two divisions with 16 teams max.  IMO, a lot of time and money spent here (wasted) in breaking PWAA to two flights.  If they do limit PW tier II to 16 teams then your kid might be playing the same 5 teams in flight two all year.  But they could also go the other direction with it.  If you are playing the same 5 teams in flight 1 you may want to beef up your out of town schedule.
The real question i want answered is will CAHA make socal teams travel to Vacaville to play all socal teams...

Pistonkev

• AHL
  • LR Justice +157/-30
« Reply #57 on: May 30, 2018, 02:10:30 PM »
The real question i want answered is will CAHA make socal teams travel to Vacaville to play all socal teams...
Why would that change? Come on now. 

• Midget
  • LR Justice +36/-53
  • So how about it boys? Look like hockey to you?
« Reply #58 on: May 31, 2018, 10:24:12 AM »
Having watched a lot of "AAA" hockey at CS last weekend, it seemed to me that those teams were smaller, slower, younger and less experienced than all of  last year's Flight 1 teams (except Ducks 2) and the top Flight 2 team (the Flyers).  The exceptions were the Western Patriots and the Riley Ice Dogs (who played at the elite level).  Unless some of these teams get a significant makeover this weekend, I think it may create a significant dilemma for CAHA.  I think Flight 1 is likely to be smaller this season, and perhaps, not enough quality teams to flight the division at all.

FlySouthAAA

• Mite
  • LR Justice +6/-2
« Reply #59 on: May 31, 2018, 11:18:57 AM »
Pretty sure Western Patriots were alot of SJ AAA Sharks, and some ringers from Vegas. Says something that the other Patriots team was not in the medal contention. Something good must be going on in SoCal with so many hockey families leaving their homes to play here.