This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: Pee Wee AA 2018-19  (Read 189948 times)

Teemu8

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +32/-18
Re: Pee Wee AA 2018-19
« Reply #90 on: June 14, 2018, 11:45:35 AM »
I can say with absolute certainty that there will be a jamboree this season.

socalhockeydad

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +31/-57
« Reply #91 on: June 14, 2018, 12:06:50 PM »
Too much money not to do it...

Cant wait to hear all those parents fuming over all the money the spent going to Vacaville / San Jose just to get destroyed and bumped down to A!

rmackintosh

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +10/-18
« Reply #92 on: June 14, 2018, 12:20:25 PM »

Cant wait to hear all those parents fuming over all the money the spent going to Vacaville / San Jose just to get destroyed and bumped down to A!

If they ARE getting destroyed...why shouldn't they go down to A (or Flight 2 if that makes everyone feel better). There is also a simple way to avoid the frustration at all...honestly evaluate the players/teams in your club and make a better effort to place them where they belong vs. where the parents THINK they belong. Communicate to your parents accurately and honestly what level team you think you may have this year and what and where you will play based on the team you have. That way, there will only be a few on the bubble that will still try to make it to AA and get bumped down instead an entire leagueision. JMHO

Rainman

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +10/-4
« Reply #93 on: June 14, 2018, 12:26:54 PM »
Isn’t jamboree in SoCal this year?

socalhockeydad

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +31/-57
« Reply #94 on: June 14, 2018, 12:45:14 PM »

If they ARE getting destroyed...why shouldn't they go down to A (or Flight 2 if that makes everyone feel better). There is also a simple way to avoid the frustration at all...honestly evaluate the players/teams in your club and make a better effort to place them where they belong vs. where the parents THINK they belong. Communicate to your parents accurately and honestly what level team you think you may have this year and what and where you will play based on the team you have. That way, there will only be a few on the bubble that will still try to make it to AA and get bumped down instead an entire leagueision. JMHO

You must be new to SOCAL hockey...can't disagree with anything you said but that is now how it works. Its all about the money...

Sure there are always examples of clubs who wont try and play a higher level but then they are the ones who lose the kids whose parents feel (something right sometimes wrong) their kid should be playing higher.

trans4761

• NHL
  • LR Justice +286/-342
« Reply #95 on: June 14, 2018, 01:29:14 PM »

Doubt anyone gets relegated to A.  That would constitute releasing players, the hope they will play A.  ALWAYS, AND I MEAN ALWAYS will be those few parent who think their , Lil Gretzkys are too good for A. One or two players leaving could lead to a mass migration  from said team, possibly causing teams to fold.....doubt that happens.

LetsGoRangers

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +12/-12
« Reply #96 on: June 14, 2018, 01:36:01 PM »
The only way a team or teams get bumped down to A is if turns out AA has 3 levels of teams...Top, middle and bottom. Top teams are the ones destroying or beating badly the middle / Bottom teams...middle teams beat up on the bottom teams. Easy to bump the bottom teams...but, if there is only the top and the rest that are close then no one gets bumped.

Pistonkev

• AHL
  • LR Justice +157/-30
« Reply #97 on: June 14, 2018, 01:58:52 PM »

Doubt anyone gets relegated to A.  That would constitute releasing players, the hope they will play A.  ALWAYS, AND I MEAN ALWAYS will be those few parent who think their , Lil Gretzkys are too good for A. One or two players leaving could lead to a mass migration  from said team, possibly causing teams to fold.....doubt that happens.
That and we all know that there are tons of roster spots in AA

SDhockeydad07

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +9/-2
« Reply #98 on: June 14, 2018, 05:23:25 PM »

The best is when they leave the team that dropped to A, join a different rink, and end up playing A anyways!

rmackintosh

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +10/-18
« Reply #99 on: June 15, 2018, 09:12:07 AM »

You must be new to SOCAL hockey...can't disagree with anything you said but that is now how it works. Its all about the money...

Sure there are always examples of clubs who wont try and play a higher level but then they are the ones who lose the kids whose parents feel (something right sometimes wrong) their kid should be playing higher.

...not new to SOCAL hockey.....but I slept in NORCAL hockey last night! ;-)

I am well aware that it IS about the money many times. Also that my "suggestion" was probably a pipe dream. However, can you really bitch about how bad CAHA is doing when they are actually fighting what the individual clubs are doing at every step? Also, I am sure EVERY club has its own specific agenda, making CAHA's job like herding cats...

I am not here to say CAHA is perfect...just that they are trying to work with a bunch of broken parts...and doing the best that they can. I thankless job I am sure...

JackBender

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +49/-20
    • Tom's Chuckle Barn
« Reply #100 on: June 15, 2018, 11:16:50 AM »
Couldn't disagree more. These people are being paid to do a job. That in and of itself should be enough of a thank you. If they're looking for a "pat on the back" do a better job. Be unbiased. Don't hold grudges. Don't be a puppet for the Ducks/Kings/Sharks. Govern without an agenda. Be fair and consistent.

Their main goal is to expand and promote the game of youth hockey in California. Every decision should be informed by this goal.     

Quite frankly, if this is the best they can do... then they're not suited to do the job. It's simply not good enough. And accepting the status quo is a choice, not a law.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 11:22:41 AM by JackBender »
I'm your Huckleberry

Landshark

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +77/-47
« Reply #101 on: June 15, 2018, 01:35:18 PM »
You, good sir, get a gold star.

:)

goonhockey

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +21/-24
« Reply #102 on: June 15, 2018, 02:03:55 PM »
Couldn't disagree more. These people are being paid to do a job. That in and of itself should be enough of a thank you. If they're looking for a "pat on the back" do a better job. Be unbiased. Don't hold grudges. Don't be a puppet for the Ducks/Kings/Sharks. Govern without an agenda. Be fair and consistent.

Their main goal is to expand and promote the game of youth hockey in California. Every decision should be informed by this goal.     

Quite frankly, if this is the best they can do... then they're not suited to do the job. It's simply not good enough. And accepting the status quo is a choice, not a law.

are you running for an open position?!

rmackintosh

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +10/-18
« Reply #103 on: June 15, 2018, 02:32:16 PM »

You can disagree all you want but....garbage in/garbage out. I will agree that the makeup of CAHA, big clubs getting more say than others--more than perhaps they should is a real thing, but if you don't think they are doing the best that they can, and believe in black helicopters circling your club...you should start your campaign for next years board right away. Make a difference.

JackBender

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +49/-20
    • Tom's Chuckle Barn
« Reply #104 on: June 16, 2018, 09:52:05 AM »
Perhaps I will, perhaps I will... but is there room in the Kangaroo Jack CAHA oligarchy for dissidence? He rules Vacaville with an iron fist, and the small clubs and non-Elite big club kids know this well. The core issue in past posts was "why" kids feel the need to leave at Bantams, leaving Midget hockey in Cali inconsistent at best. In my mind, it begins with a lack of boundaries and allowing too many kids to play up, both fueling the FOMO Cali pandemic. The end result is people "thinking" that they have to move to greener pastures in their Bantam years or they will never be noticed.

Thus begins the CAHA Spring (Hockey) Awakening!
I'm your Huckleberry