This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: Pee Wee AA 2018-19  (Read 197638 times)

lcadad

• AHL
  • LR Justice +151/-121
Re: Pee Wee AA 2018-19
« Reply #315 on: September 29, 2018, 11:54:37 AM »
I understand that people might debate the Jamboree, but from the point of view of the Myhockeyrankings site, those are exhibition games and count in the algorithm if reported.  As Mo-icetime stated, it just requires someone to report the scores. 

NotfromSoCal

• Mite
  • LR Justice +4/-19
« Reply #316 on: September 29, 2018, 12:23:57 PM »
There is one designated volunteer for each league.  I tried to sign up before the jamboree because I have done it before.  It would be nice if the “volunteer” would be someone who understood the impact of getting the scores in for ALL teams and ALL games for our league rather than just their own team.  You can’t sign up for a team, you sign up for all of CAHA PeeWee AA.  Every game affects the (what was the word?) oh yea, logarithm because it impacts the strength of schedule.  If you know the volunteer tell them to seek out scores for all of our league and post them or relinquish the volunteer superpowers.  Yes anyone can send in scores and the volunteer accepts them but seriously.  Also, if you play teams in other age groups, divisions, etc. only the “volunteer” can go into tournament mode to post those score.  Message to volunteer...  “Get to work for the love of CAHA or hand over the keys!

MO-ICETIME

• Midget
  • LR Justice +22/-24
« Reply #317 on: September 29, 2018, 12:37:18 PM »
The MHR rankings algorithms assume each game is "regulation" in time... so two 20-minute run-time periods fall short of really "counting"

I spoke to them last year about it and again, "any game worth playing is worth recording." Is their rule. A 40min gane vs 45 min game is the same in their eyes for the sake of recording it. It's all about developing a baseline and in the long run won't hurt your teams overall "ranking".

MO-ICETIME

• Midget
  • LR Justice +22/-24
« Reply #318 on: September 29, 2018, 12:46:16 PM »
There is one designated volunteer for each league.  I tried to sign up before the jamboree because I have done it before.  It would be nice if the “volunteer” would be someone who understood the impact of getting the scores in for ALL teams and ALL games for our league rather than just their own team.  You can’t sign up for a team, you sign up for all of CAHA PeeWee AA.  Every game affects the (what was the word?) oh yea, logarithm because it impacts the strength of schedule.  If you know the volunteer tell them to seek out scores for all of our league and post them or relinquish the volunteer superpowers.  Yes anyone can send in scores and the volunteer accepts them but seriously.  Also, if you play teams in other age groups, divisions, etc. only the “volunteer” can go into tournament mode to post those score.  Message to volunteer...  “Get to work for the love of CAHA or hand over the keys!

I think you can enter all games, even teams outside of CAHA. You shouldn't have to with someone already being assigned; but here you go: https://myhockeyrankings.com/online_entry.php

Good luck! :-)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2018, 12:46:57 PM by MO-ICETIME »

jvreagan

• Mite
  • LR Justice +2/-3
« Reply #319 on: September 29, 2018, 12:47:47 PM »
There is one designated volunteer for each league.  I tried to sign up before the jamboree because I have done it before.  It would be nice if the “volunteer” would be someone who understood the impact of getting the scores in for ALL teams and ALL games for our league rather than just their own team.  You can’t sign up for a team, you sign up for all of CAHA PeeWee AA. 

Here's how it works, multiple ways to get scores submitted.  https://www.myhockeyrankings.com/member_benefits.php?rs=y

I mean, what would we do if someone's team wasn't ranked perfectly...

area51

• Midget
  • LR Justice +82/-61
« Reply #320 on: September 29, 2018, 01:17:09 PM »
this if funny! all this talk for peewee AA hockey rankings. do the kids even care, or even know this exists?

JustAnotherHockeyParent

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +1/-4
« Reply #321 on: September 29, 2018, 01:17:55 PM »
They'll still require verification of the scores. Where are those scores posted for the jamboree? Also, the relative improvement/weakness in the rankings is determined by assessing performance relative to the spread... that are informed by other games. 40 minutes run time is quite different from a 48-minute stop-time game. Good luck getting those games posted, verified, and counted by MHR.

KickSave

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +23/-26
« Reply #322 on: September 29, 2018, 03:02:36 PM »
They’ll know because their parents will show them lol

NotfromSoCal

• Mite
  • LR Justice +4/-19
« Reply #323 on: September 29, 2018, 03:18:03 PM »
Verification means the “volunteer” hitting the Accept button.  The jamboree games are posted for some teams and not others.  It’s really not rocket science. If you don’t know what you are talking about, maybe learn and listen instead of taking.  I am just going to make a broad assumption that those of you that don’t care are probably on crappy teams or have underlying issues that lead to your negativity.  It isn’t life or death but it is kind of cool and there are 1,300+/- teams on there just for PeeWee AA.  Yes some kids do care as do coaches and some parents.  There is benefit in any recognition or reward if you know how to use it.  If you have a job, I will assume you have ranking reports. Do you give back your incentive check because it is stupid?   They are there for competition  and motivation.  Like anything, it only works if you use it.  If you don’t care how your kid stacks up, that’s fine but how will you know when there is improvement?  Maybe you should play on a rec league and everyone can get a trophy.  No ranking system is perfect but it’s what we have so embrace it. Tell your kid about it.  It might make him want to do better or try harder.  He/she might even understand why it’s important to push yourself to play tougher teams.  Playing weak teams and beating them by double digit goals will only get you so far.  Have fun and play hard! 

JackBender

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +49/-20
    • Tom's Chuckle Barn
« Reply #324 on: September 30, 2018, 09:39:57 AM »
Verification means the “volunteer” hitting the Accept button.  The jamboree games are posted for some teams and not others.  It’s really not rocket science. If you don’t know what you are talking about, maybe learn and listen instead of taking.  I am just going to make a broad assumption that those of you that don’t care are probably on crappy teams or have underlying issues that lead to your negativity.  It isn’t life or death but it is kind of cool and there are 1,300+/- teams on there just for PeeWee AA.  Yes some kids do care as do coaches and some parents.  There is benefit in any recognition or reward if you know how to use it.  If you have a job, I will assume you have ranking reports. Do you give back your incentive check because it is stupid?   They are there for competition  and motivation.  Like anything, it only works if you use it.  If you don’t care how your kid stacks up, that’s fine but how will you know when there is improvement?  Maybe you should play on a rec league and everyone can get a trophy.  No ranking system is perfect but it’s what we have so embrace it. Tell your kid about it.  It might make him want to do better or try harder.  He/she might even understand why it’s important to push yourself to play tougher teams.  Playing weak teams and beating them by double digit goals will only get you so far.  Have fun and play hard!

NotfromSoCal... you just earned your first Stick Tap!!  Congrats!!  ;D
I'm your Huckleberry

Daddy Issues Curly

• Mite
  • LR Justice +0/-1
« Reply #325 on: September 30, 2018, 05:21:02 PM »
this if funny! all this talk for peewee AA hockey rankings. do the kids even care, or even know this exists?

Exactly!!!!

Get a life.....
Im sorry to say but your kid is NOT going to play in The NHL.

JackBender

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +49/-20
    • Tom's Chuckle Barn
« Reply #326 on: September 30, 2018, 07:47:26 PM »

Exactly!!!!

Get a life.....

Does Daddy Issues Curly need a hug?
I'm your Huckleberry

NotfromSoCal

• Mite
  • LR Justice +4/-19
« Reply #327 on: September 30, 2018, 09:12:55 PM »
Hugs are for winners not dream crushers!!!  I don’t recall anyone on any post stating or even implying that their kid was going to the NHL.  But just for the record, some kids somewhere will actually grow up and play in the NHL.  That’s just a fact.  There are a LOT of kids from CAHA that will go on to play hockey in college or at a higher level.  That is also a fact.  Making comments like that are just plain ignorant.  BTW, thanks for the stick tap Mr. Bender!!!

HockeyGuy-99

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +22/-8
« Reply #328 on: October 01, 2018, 10:55:11 AM »

Exactly!!!!

Get a life.....
I asked my son what he was going to be when he grows up and he told me he was going to be an NHL player!  Are you calling my son a liar?  The look in his eye had me convinced!  We dropped out of school and have given up on books and silly things like math and science altogether.  You now have me second guessing my parenting decisions and/or my son's career path.   

alfirst

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +16/-39
« Reply #329 on: October 02, 2018, 09:04:17 PM »
To stir the topic into other direction - thinking (or more like watching) NHL or KHL - SCAHA posted some Flights PWAA schedule which is not in line with CAHA weekends - anybody have an idea what it is?