This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: Pee Wee AA 2018-19  (Read 197679 times)

Bear71

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +34/-9
Re: Pee Wee AA 2018-19
« Reply #345 on: October 08, 2018, 01:49:43 PM »
What difference does it make?  In February, the SoCal teams get to vacation in Vacaville twice to play other SoCal.  Well twice if they make the playoffs.  Every team plays each team twice and the number of trips up/down I-5 is the same.  Find something relevant to talk about like how in the H. E. Double Hockey Sticks did Kings 1 only beat ID 2 by a score of 2-0 yesterday?  BTW, the Gulls beat and tied the Kings in exhibition right?  These two teams have been anointed on here but they struggled to beat weak teams.  GSE2 is like a fine wine and will just get better with age...

Struggled?  Giving up 3 goals in 4 games isn't what I would call a struggle; seems the teams they played had the struggle.  At the end of the day, 4-0 is 4-0.  GSE2, from what I saw, is really more like a Gallo Merlot (with a screw top bottle).   

NotfromSoCal

• Mite
  • LR Justice +4/-19
« Reply #346 on: October 08, 2018, 05:31:06 PM »
Let’s see...  GSE2 beat ID2 9-1 and Kings 1 beat them 2-0.  Maybe a struggle isn’t the right word...  BTW, we drink our wine out of a box and it is delicious.  No harm done with the screw top comment.  Looking forward to a fun year with some good, competitive hockey.

PSA:  Gallo has some great fine wines and spirits but you have to look beyond the bottom shelf at WINCO to find it...

LetsGoRangers

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +12/-12
« Reply #347 on: October 08, 2018, 06:37:20 PM »
Let’s see...  GSE2 beat ID2 9-1 and Kings 1 beat them 2-0.  Maybe a struggle isn’t the right word...  BTW, we drink our wine out of a box and it is delicious.  No harm done with the screw top comment.  Looking forward to a fun year with some good, competitive hockey.

PSA:  Gallo has some great fine wines and spirits but you have to look beyond the bottom shelf at WINCO to find it...
GSE2's current record is 6-0-1...lets look at how we got to that record:

Win 7-0 vs GSE1 (now a flight 2 team)
win 7-1 vs Sharks2 (Now a PWBB team)
win 8-3 vs  Sharks1 (now a flight 2 team)
Win 1-0 vs Gulls2 (now a flight 2 team)
Win 5-3 vs Ducks2 (now a flight 2 team)
Win 5-3 vs BlackHawks
Tie 2-2 vs Empire
Win 9-1 vs ID2
Win 4-2 vs Gulls1 (NICE WIN!)
Win 6-3 vs BlackHawks
"slow clap"
There is a reason NYR ranking ID1 and JRK1 a lot higher than GSE2...
« Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 06:42:40 PM by LetsGoRangers »

NotfromSoCal

• Mite
  • LR Justice +4/-19
« Reply #348 on: October 08, 2018, 08:02:17 PM »
Hey Einstein, I know math is tough for you but that looks like 9-0-1 from the eagle’s nest looking down.  Maybe you can practice your math on GSE’s goal differential.  It’s going to be a big number so you will have to take your socks off and probably use the digits from some cousins and stuff. 

Bear71

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +34/-9
« Reply #349 on: October 08, 2018, 08:51:07 PM »
Hey Einstein, I know math is tough for you but that looks like 9-0-1 from the eagle’s nest looking down.  Maybe you can practice your math on GSE’s goal differential.  It’s going to be a big number so you will have to take your socks off and probably use the digits from some cousins and stuff.

A big number, like the difference in the score when essentially the rosters of GSE 2 and Kings 1 (as California Patriots) played Memorial Day weekend?

NotfromSoCal

• Mite
  • LR Justice +4/-19
« Reply #350 on: October 08, 2018, 09:15:09 PM »
It was a big number, you got that right.  As for the rosters, not so much.  Not even close for either team.  You can’t even say these are the same teams that played on Memorial weekend.  Do you have anymore irrelevant information to share?

Bear71

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +34/-9
« Reply #351 on: October 08, 2018, 09:40:45 PM »
It was a big number, you got that right.  As for the rosters, not so much.  Not even close for either team.  You can’t even say these are the same teams that played on Memorial weekend.  Do you have anymore irrelevant information to share?

Didn’t say they were the same teams (the word used was “essentialy”), but when 13 kids from GSE 2 and 13 kids from Kings 1 were onthose Memorial Day rosters, I wouldn’t state that as irrelevant.

You might have to take your socks off...
« Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 09:41:30 PM by Bear71 »

TheFourthA

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +13/-5
« Reply #352 on: October 09, 2018, 06:00:39 AM »
Did anyone see anything at the Jamboree that leads them to think that Kings 1, GSE 2, Gulls 1 and ID1 won’t be the Top 4 teams at the end of the regular season (not necessarily in that order)? Who is the best candidate to displace one of those from the Top 4?

« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 06:01:19 AM by TheFourthA »

LetsGoRangers

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +12/-12
« Reply #353 on: October 09, 2018, 09:01:09 AM »
you are correct! I wasnt counting the win against the Sharks PWB team...

2 Cups in LA

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +8/-31
« Reply #354 on: October 09, 2018, 09:05:51 AM »
The 4A... You have nailed it.  Flight 2 is irrelavant and should be playing in the PWA division.

NotfromSoCal

• Mite
  • LR Justice +4/-19
« Reply #355 on: October 09, 2018, 02:03:23 PM »
Empire could easily replace the Kings in the top 4.  Oh, and Bear71 while I am thinking about it...  Didn't the "Kings aka Patriots" team that played in Carmen Starr have multiple players from the Sharks AAA and Vegas Golden Knights on it.  Sounds like maybe there is some untruth in your comments but my feelings aren't hurt.  You also may have noticed that GSE only took one team to Carmen Starr.  It was a "spring" team and not close to today's roster.  Some kids and families chose to do other activities perhaps.  Carmen Starr simply has NOTHING to do with the CAHA Flight 1 Tier 2 World Intergalactic Intercontinental Championship League.   Looking forward to a great season...

Bear71

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +34/-9
« Reply #356 on: October 09, 2018, 02:37:38 PM »
Empire could easily replace the Kings in the top 4.  Oh, and Bear71 while I am thinking about it...  Didn't the "Kings aka Patriots" team that played in Carmen Starr have multiple players from the Sharks AAA and Vegas Golden Knights on it.  Sounds like maybe there is some untruth in your comments but my feelings aren't hurt.  You also may have noticed that GSE only took one team to Carmen Starr.  It was a "spring" team and not close to today's roster.  Some kids and families chose to do other activities perhaps.  Carmen Starr simply has NOTHING to do with the CAHA Flight 1 Tier 2 World Intergalactic Intercontinental Championship League.   Looking forward to a great season...

NFSC, that team you are thinking of with Sharks AAA and Vegas kids was the Western Patriots Selects (who also whipped GSE).  I'm talking about the Patriot team that scored early and often on GSE; GSE ended up scoring one goal with about a minute left in the game (might have been scored by a current Blackhawk), which featured a running clock.  At least 13 kids from GSE 2 were on that roster at Carmen Starr, so I would say it is pretty close to today's roster; same for Kings 1.

Go ahead and try to convince yourself that it didn't happen, but the rosters for both teams are still available to view.  And yes, it should be a great season. 

NotfromSoCal

• Mite
  • LR Justice +4/-19
« Reply #357 on: October 09, 2018, 03:21:00 PM »
Bear71, You are correct about the scores and incorrect about the teams.  They simply aren't the same teams and that spring hockey.  No comparison to what is going on now.  Five different kids on GSE and like 25 more kids on the Kings roster now.  In any event, I surrender.  This is a boring conversation for everyone.  YOU WIN! GO KINGS!!!  GIVE THEM THE CROWN!!!

LetsGoRangers

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +12/-12
« Reply #358 on: October 09, 2018, 03:31:12 PM »
Bear71, You are correct about the scores and incorrect about the teams.  They simply aren't the same teams and that spring hockey.  No comparison to what is going on now.  Five different kids on GSE and like 25 more kids on the Kings roster now.  In any event, I surrender.  This is a boring conversation for everyone.  YOU WIN! GO KINGS!!!  GIVE THEM THE CROWN!!!
KINGS WIN AGAIN!

Bear71

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +34/-9
« Reply #359 on: October 09, 2018, 03:40:14 PM »

I guess that GSE Carmen Starr team was merely grape juice then, huh?