This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: What AA Bantam Teams for 2018-19?  (Read 286687 times)

Voice in ur head

• Mite
  • LR Justice +29/-15
Re: What AA Bantam Teams for 2018-19?
« Reply #330 on: August 16, 2018, 01:08:27 PM »
Then let it go. Don’t want to hear that Coach Wada found a boiling bunny in his kitchen!!!

InDZone

• Mite
  • LR Justice +4/-2
« Reply #331 on: August 16, 2018, 01:09:48 PM »
So your player played for him, you didn’t like him, and bash him ever since. His teams go on to do well, and I suppose the teams you are on also did just as well, so my question is why do you continue to bash a past coach this much? You are beginning to sound like a jealous ex boyfriend who can’t let go. I will send a bill in the mail no couch needed

Nice try but, no...

Smart people often seem crazy to others.  The fact that you believe in therapy tell me all I need to know about you.

lol...there you go again attacking people when they give you their opinion. Voice In Your Head seems right...you seem to bash any chance you get....just saw your previous posts. Maybe try focusing on your kids team and not the ex that you can't seem to get over.

SkatingDad

• Midget
  • LR Justice +60/-91
« Reply #332 on: August 16, 2018, 01:11:07 PM »
So your player played for him, you didn’t like him, and bash him ever since. His teams go on to do well, and I suppose the teams you are on also did just as well, so my question is why do you continue to bash a past coach this much? You are beginning to sound like a jealous ex boyfriend who can’t let go. I will send a bill in the mail no couch needed

Nice try but, no...

Smart people often seem crazy to others.  The fact that you believe in therapy tell me all I need to know about you.

lol...there you go again attacking people when they give you their opinion. Voice In Your Head seems right...you seem to bash any chance you get....just saw your previous posts. Maybe try focusing on your kids team and not the ex that you can't seem to get over.

How was that attacking him? 

Voice in ur head

• Mite
  • LR Justice +29/-15
« Reply #333 on: August 16, 2018, 01:16:20 PM »
I’m offended you all assume I’m a “him”

SkatingDad

• Midget
  • LR Justice +60/-91
« Reply #334 on: August 16, 2018, 01:18:04 PM »
I’m offended you all assume I’m a “him”

lol

RabidHockeyFan

• Mite
  • LR Justice +5/-2
« Reply #335 on: August 16, 2018, 01:31:03 PM »
@ SkatingDad - Clearly your experience with Wada was not a good one, but your comments lead me to believe that you haven't spent a significant portion of time with him.
I have, and while he's not the perfect coach (don't believe there is such a thing), he is a good coach and the right coach for my son.  Under Wada's coaching, my son has developed tremendously and is playing the best I have ever seen him play, and this is due to my son's hard work, and the coaching he receives from Wada and his staff.  Have the assistant coaches contributed positively to WW success - Sure, why else would they be brought in, but they are not the only reason. 

Wada has developed a culture of expectation and consequences for not meeting expectation.  Every player has been held accountable for ON and OFF ice performance, and playing time has been adjusted for not meeting that expectation.  He is a good fit for my son, and the core group that have played with him for many seasons, and if you ask the parents, they will tell you that their sons want to play for Wada.
As far as his style, if you think your little gretzky isn't going to face yelling and intimidation in life outside of hockey, then your son is in for a big surprise.  Our kids are playing the greatest game in the world, working hard and learning life lessons that will extend and prepare them for future adversity.

There is a lid for every pot. 

The point is you do not have to put up with yelling and intimidation, it always ends badly.
I just don't agree that it is intimidation
Setting an expectation that you will play a certain way and with 100% effort, or your playing time will be reduced is NOT intimidation.
No different than if you don't get XXX done at work, you could lose your job - Not intimidation.
Do you have specific examples of Wada intimidation???

I am never going to name any kid specifically or describe a scenario on a public forum.  If you want to talk to me, I will tell you.
Agree that you shouldn't name any kid on this forum, but I think you could sufficiently describe the situation to provide an example.
Plain and simple, you can't accuse someone of intimidation without facts and data - Otherwise it is just speculation - It's not Rocket Science

SkatingDad

• Midget
  • LR Justice +60/-91
« Reply #336 on: August 16, 2018, 01:40:18 PM »
@ SkatingDad - Clearly your experience with Wada was not a good one, but your comments lead me to believe that you haven't spent a significant portion of time with him.
I have, and while he's not the perfect coach (don't believe there is such a thing), he is a good coach and the right coach for my son.  Under Wada's coaching, my son has developed tremendously and is playing the best I have ever seen him play, and this is due to my son's hard work, and the coaching he receives from Wada and his staff.  Have the assistant coaches contributed positively to WW success - Sure, why else would they be brought in, but they are not the only reason. 

Wada has developed a culture of expectation and consequences for not meeting expectation.  Every player has been held accountable for ON and OFF ice performance, and playing time has been adjusted for not meeting that expectation.  He is a good fit for my son, and the core group that have played with him for many seasons, and if you ask the parents, they will tell you that their sons want to play for Wada.
As far as his style, if you think your little gretzky isn't going to face yelling and intimidation in life outside of hockey, then your son is in for a big surprise.  Our kids are playing the greatest game in the world, working hard and learning life lessons that will extend and prepare them for future adversity.

The point is you do not have to put up with yelling and intimidation, it always ends badly.
Setting an expectation that you will play a certain way and with 100% effort, or your playing time will be reduced is NOT intimidation.
No different than if you don't get XXX done at work, you could lose your job - Not intimidation.

I am never going to name any kid specifically or describe a scenario on a public forum.  If you want to talk to me, I will tell you.
Agree that you shouldn't name any kid on this forum, but I think you could sufficiently describe the situation to provide an example.
Plain and simple, you can't accuse someone of intimidation without facts and data - Otherwise it is just speculation - It's not Rocket Science

Again, if you want to talk to me I will give examples.  I am going to respect the privacy of those families and I am not going to put anything on a public forum involving a kid.

RabidHockeyFan

• Mite
  • LR Justice +5/-2
« Reply #337 on: August 16, 2018, 01:58:51 PM »

Again, if you want to talk to me I will give examples.  I am going to respect the privacy of those families and I am not going to put anything on a public forum involving a kid.
Sure didn't stop you from bashing a coach on-line and making unfounded accusations.

trans4761

• NHL
  • LR Justice +286/-342
« Reply #338 on: August 16, 2018, 02:02:25 PM »
SKATING DAD THE PROTECTOR !!!

Protecting the rights/feelings of snowflakes big and small.

Voice in ur head

• Mite
  • LR Justice +29/-15
« Reply #339 on: August 16, 2018, 02:09:10 PM »
Sounds like you do not have any basis for these accusations and want people to just believe you. It really sounds like your player could have been on that State Championship team. But YOU got in the way and now are drumming up scenarios to be right. Let it go. Or does your player remind you every day that he could have been a State Champ?

JackBender

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +49/-20
    • Tom's Chuckle Barn
« Reply #340 on: August 16, 2018, 02:18:34 PM »
Very rambunctious here today... must be Jamboree excitement.
I'm your Huckleberry

The Artist Formerly Known as Mite Dad

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +44/-20
« Reply #341 on: August 16, 2018, 02:22:23 PM »
My kid played a season for Wada, I was one of the asst. coaches, and I cannot once remember Wada ever yelling or trying to intimidate a kid. That's not his style. He's got strengths, he's got weaknesses, but labeling him a screamer is baseless. 

Enjoy the season; your kiddos' hockey careers are way closer to their ends than their beginnings. Back to hibernation.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 02:23:48 PM by The Artist Formerly Known as Mite Dad »

SkatingDad

• Midget
  • LR Justice +60/-91
« Reply #342 on: August 16, 2018, 02:29:23 PM »

Sure didn't stop you from bashing a coach on-line and making unfounded accusations.

A coach is not a kid. I will talk to him to, if he wants. 

SkatingDad

• Midget
  • LR Justice +60/-91
« Reply #343 on: August 16, 2018, 02:30:03 PM »
SKATING DAD THE PROTECTOR !!!

Protecting the rights/feelings of snowflakes big and small.

Damn right and not just snowflakes.

It is not like this is news to you, we have talked about this very thing.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 02:31:32 PM by SkatingDad »

Voice in ur head

• Mite
  • LR Justice +29/-15
« Reply #344 on: August 16, 2018, 02:32:53 PM »
I am not sure you need to talk to him, you need to talk to a professional  :o