This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: Bantam AAA major  (Read 44295 times)

Kingdom_come

• Mite
  • LR Justice +0/-2
Bantam AAA major
« on: May 31, 2018, 02:36:17 PM »
Now that the dust has settled and the teams picked, which Bantam AAA major  team will be top- Kings, ducks or sharks? 

How will the major teams do against the 05 minors?  Could a 05AAA minor team beat the older 04aaa team?

notTHATdad

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +46/-17
Re: Bantam AAA major
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2018, 06:49:37 PM »
It's hockey. On any given day any team can fluke out a win against any other. But I sure wouldn't take that bet. Too much growth between Bantam minor and major.

rmackintosh

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +10/-18
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2018, 03:40:36 PM »
Not too sure what is going on in LA LA land with the AAA teams...but I think the 05 Sharks would have a tough time against the 04s...JMHO...

HM

• Mite
  • LR Justice +2/-2
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2018, 09:19:03 AM »
At this point I would say it's nearly a toss up. Sharks 04 struggled last season. Some of their players just didn't look ready for AAA so how they do will depend on any pickups they got and if any of their weaker returning players grow/develop over spring and summer. Kings 04 lost a few players and they play dump and chase hockey for the most part but sometimes it works as it did in the state championship. Plus they have great goaltending. 04 Ducks lost several players particularly on defense, plus losing two coaches. I'm not that familiar with the 05 teams.

InDZone

• Mite
  • LR Justice +4/-2
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2018, 12:26:23 PM »
Now that the dust has settled and the teams picked, which Bantam AAA major  team will be top- Kings, ducks or sharks? 

How will the major teams do against the 05 minors?  Could a 05AAA minor team beat the older 04aaa team?

IMHO it will be KINGS 04 group.

notTHATdad

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +46/-17
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2018, 08:38:11 AM »

Not really sure that's a fair assessment of the Jr Sharks 04's last year. They definitely had a tough first half but by the end of the year they were doing better. They took first place in the Dallas T1EHL showcase, beating both the Kings and the Stars on the way, then lost a close game in semi finals in the Vegas showcase to the Jr Blues.

The state championships were a bit of a disaster, but losing their top player to injury definitely hurt them, particularly given they played all year with a short bench.

They ended up mid-pack in the national rankings, which is probably what they deserved.  The good news is they have picked up a couple of significant pieces this year and look to be improved.

California hockey at the AAA level is tough to judge when you only have 3 teams.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 08:38:39 AM by notTHATdad »

Kingdom_come

• Mite
  • LR Justice +0/-2
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2018, 11:10:33 AM »
ok, so the consensus is that the kings will repeat again as state champs??

also, the 05 minor teams would struggle against the 04s due to the nature/puberty factor. 

since the AAA level seems to be somewhat thin with only 3 teams, would any AA bantam team be able to compete and beat the AAAs?

rmackintosh

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +10/-18
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2018, 11:17:43 AM »

also, the 05 minor teams would struggle against the 04s due to the nature/puberty factor. 

since the AAA level seems to be somewhat thin with only 3 teams, would any AA bantam team be able to compete and beat the AAAs?

Again....ZERO knowledge of what is going on in LA...but knowing the very limited amount I do about the current crop of AA teams in Norcal, really only know much about the GSE North Bantam AA team--which I believe will be the top north AA team--I think both the 04 and 05 AAA teams would be able to handle the GSE North AA team. But with Larry Cahn coaching...you never know....he will get a lot out of those kids....again JMHO

JackBender

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +49/-20
    • Tom's Chuckle Barn
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2018, 01:01:28 PM »

Da Bears Torsson AA should be able to give them a few good games. Kicked the piss outta a lotta AAA teams last year.
I'm your Huckleberry

InDZone

• Mite
  • LR Justice +4/-2
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2018, 01:13:09 PM »

Da Bears Torsson AA should be able to give them a few good games. Kicked the piss outta a lotta AAA teams last year.

That was an 03 team so they would now be Midgets and the main goalie went to Kings AAA.

Strawman

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +49/-47
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2018, 01:16:31 PM »

That was an 03 team so they would now be Midgets and the main goalie went to Kings AAA.

That team doesn't even exist any more, so I doubt they'll kick the piss out of anyone.

JackBender

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +49/-20
    • Tom's Chuckle Barn
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2018, 01:39:04 PM »

That team doesn't even exist any more, so I doubt they'll kick the piss out of anyone.

Right... but word around the rinks was that a ton of kids showed up to play for Torsson... AAA/AA caliber kids... so I'd imagine they'll be pretty tough, no?   
I'm your Huckleberry

rmackintosh

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +10/-18
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2018, 02:53:39 PM »

Right... but word around the rinks was that a ton of kids showed up to play for Torsson... AAA/AA caliber kids... so I'd imagine they'll be pretty tough, no?

...agree with the above...this years team will be a different animal....but you are probably correct....they will be formidable no doubt

Strawman

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +49/-47
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2018, 03:35:04 PM »

...agree with the above...this years team will be a different animal....but you are probably correct....they will be formidable no doubt

They will be fine (and possibly the best of the bunch, who knows) but not in the same league as last year IMO.  AA generally looks pretty weak this year compared to last.

rmackintosh

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +10/-18
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2018, 04:18:31 PM »

They will be fine (and possibly the best of the bunch, who knows) but not in the same league as last year IMO.  AA generally looks pretty weak this year compared to last.

agree.....