This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: THA taking hugh steps!!!  (Read 33043 times)

CahaMama

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +9/-5
Re: THA taking hugh steps!!!
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2018, 01:14:05 PM »
Right now there are two THA teams. Varsity is generally a younger team that plays in the ADHSHL. The Prep team is typically older. My son is on the Prep team so I can tell you the home states for them:
OH - 1                           
CA - 10
IL - 1
CO - 2
TX - 1
AZ - 2
ID - 1
NJ - 1
NY -1
Russia - 1

hipcheck34

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +21/-111
  • I love the smell of ice....
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2018, 01:18:23 PM »
For what its worth, from my perspective this is the most informational thread on this board.  Would love to hear from other THA parents, especially around the educational aspect.  I'm also curious whether THA is mostly Western US players or where players are coming from. 

Thanks all for sharing.

There are a hand full of players from southern California and Northern California, mixed in with kids from New York, Chicago, Colorado, New Mexico, and Canada.  I would say its more western but a good mix and balance for all over.... I would say there has been a big difference in the boys recruited for this year as they are tenacious never quit attitude, and there are no clicks on this team they treat everyone as an equal and I believe that what has made the Prep team so Successful this year to past years.

justanotherhockeydad

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +59/-56
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2018, 03:10:54 PM »
Coach Lewis, Fenn and Collins have really done a phenomenal job. It's only the beginning, THA is only getting better.

BRAZZERS

• Mite
  • LR Justice +4/-92
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2018, 12:32:47 PM »
THA HOT GARBAGE

CahaMama

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +9/-5
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2018, 01:06:22 PM »
THA HOT GARBAGE

Hmmm...your kid didn't make the cut I guess?? Why so salty? If it ain't your thing just walk away.

BRAZZERS

• Mite
  • LR Justice +4/-92
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2018, 01:32:11 PM »
SALTY? THA takes whoever shows up and pays.  SALTY is how you felt when the Titans didn’t sign your kid a couple seasons back.  That was SALTY. 

hipcheck34

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +21/-111
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2018, 04:04:49 PM »
SALTY? THA takes whoever shows up and pays.  SALTY is how you felt when the Titans didn’t sign your kid a couple seasons back.  That was SALTY.

Yeah they take anyone maybe the first year but this year had to turn away alot of applications... Now reason to talk down on a program that is pointing talented hockey kids in the right direction helping them take that next step into Juniors and /or College...

Pop

• Mite
  • LR Justice +8/-9
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2018, 07:20:32 AM »
Tahoe turned some more heads this weekend going 4-0 in Minnesota at the NAHLFP showcase. They are 13-3 and these boys are going in the right direction. They have some big games coming up in Chicago next week and then back at in Minnesota at the end of November. Keep rockin boys...

Nice job that is strong competition! 

hipcheck34

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +21/-111
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2018, 07:38:51 AM »
Its always nice to get photos of the boys at THA volunteering at the Halloween carnival for kids. Not only are they learning the game, the program is teaching the boys what it means to give back to the community that has supported this program the last 3 years. The future is bright for THA....

goonhockey

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +21/-24
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2018, 09:10:05 AM »
Its always nice to get photos of the boys at THA volunteering at the Halloween carnival for kids. Not only are they learning the game, the program is teaching the boys what it means to give back to the community that has supported this program the last 3 years. The future is bright for THA....

what flavor koolaid are they using up there?!

but in all seriousness, good for the kids, although is this any different than what many other teams and programs throughout the state and the country are doing?  not exactly news worthy imo...

hipcheck34

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +21/-111
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2018, 11:02:24 AM »

but in all seriousness, good for the kids, although is this any different than what many other teams and programs throughout the state and the country are doing?  not exactly news worthy imo...

Grape flavor I believe.... IMO its news worthy, never really see anyone post about hockey programs giving back to there community....

goonhockey

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +21/-24
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2018, 01:17:18 PM »

Grape flavor I believe.... IMO its news worthy, never really see anyone post about hockey programs giving back to there community....

"their" is the correct one to use, not "there".

and you don't often see it, but it's "there".  guess most don't need the proverbial pat on the back...

hipcheck34

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +21/-111
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2018, 02:36:23 PM »

"their" is the correct one to use, not "there".

and you don't often see it, but it's "there".  guess most don't need the proverbial pat on the back...

Hey thanks

Pop

• Mite
  • LR Justice +8/-9
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2018, 02:48:07 PM »
How did THA do in Chicago?   

CahaMama

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +9/-5
« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2018, 03:10:22 PM »
How did THA do in Chicago?

Well, not great. We went 1-3. There were some bright spots though. We replayed a team we had lost to in Minnesota 8-1 (Madison Capitals) and narrowed the gap 2-3 (loss). So now we are 14-6 for the season. Considering half the team is 2002, it's pretty impressive to be playing in the 18AAA/Elite division. Oh, one of the boys got a tryout camp invitation to a Tier 1 Junior A team. So there's that. The season is still young.