This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: THA taking hugh steps!!!  (Read 32159 times)

hockeydad9

• Mite
  • LR Justice +3/-0
Re: THA taking hugh steps!!!
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2018, 03:42:05 PM »
Couple of parents were talking about the new program in Stockton that plays in the NAHL PREP league.   They played some games at Sharks ice this past weekends and had trouble with mediocre teams.  They had one solid player, a big defenseman that skated end to end. 

How does the Tahoe team compare to them?   Have you guys played? 

CahaMama

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +9/-5
« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2018, 03:50:30 PM »
Couple of parents were talking about the new program in Stockton that plays in the NAHL PREP league.   They played some games at Sharks ice this past weekends and had trouble with mediocre teams.  They had one solid player, a big defenseman that skated end to end. 

How does the Tahoe team compare to them?   Have you guys played?

We have not. Our THA Varsity team will play them twice this weekend. Our Prep team will play them at the next NAHL-Prep tournament in December. Should be an interesting match up to be sure. The battle of the TWO California prep schools!!

BRAZZERS

• Mite
  • LR Justice +4/-92
« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2018, 10:58:45 PM »
Tahoe is not a Prep School.  Stop this none sense already.  Shattucks is a prep school on a beautiful campus.  Tahoe is hot Garbage.  Stop pumping up this charter school with a hockey rink.  ENOUGH is ENOUGH! 

hipcheck34

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +21/-111
  • I love the smell of ice....
« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2018, 10:08:37 AM »
Tahoe is not a Prep School.  Stop this none sense already.  Shattucks is a prep school on a beautiful campus.  Tahoe is hot Garbage.  Stop pumping up this charter school with a hockey rink.  ENOUGH is ENOUGH!

This guys makes this post fun. Application Denied....  :D :D :D :D

BRAZZERS

• Mite
  • LR Justice +4/-92
« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2018, 11:47:54 AM »
Hipcheck, Application denied? I don’t think so.  Besides, you don’t apply to THA, you just show up with your checkbook.  It’s parents prolonging a dream that died after Bantams.  Shattucks is a prep school. Tilton is a prep School. 

JakesDad01

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +3/-6
  • Long live the Crankshaft
« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2018, 12:46:34 PM »
Yeah you make good points Brazzers. However at least someone is making an attempt to try something other than the failed (IMO) CAHA routine. Most everyone else just complains or does not try to force a solution to it. I'm not a big fan (yet) of THA but at least they are trying something different instead of whining about CAHA.  Only time will tell if this is successful.

CahaMama

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +9/-5
« Reply #36 on: November 08, 2018, 02:20:38 PM »
Yeah you make good points Brazzers. However at least someone is making an attempt to try something other than the failed (IMO) CAHA routine. Most everyone else just complains or does not try to force a solution to it. I'm not a big fan (yet) of THA but at least they are trying something different instead of whining about CAHA.  Only time will tell if this is successful.

At the risk of beating a dead horse, I thought I would add my $.02. California now has two legitimate prep schools that offer a hockey program. Both are just barely getting off the ground. Should they continue to attract talent and build over the next decade and beyond, there is some real opportunity for California hockey players. The system in place now is damaged. For those of you who live near the Jr Kings/Jr Ducks/Jr Gulls - you have options. For those of us who live far away from those meccas, we have fewer options. For my 16 year old it was find a AA program or relocate to a prep school back east. I wasn't ready to send my 16 year old back east so we took a chance on Tahoe.

He's only been there 3 months and the improvement is dramatic. He's doing well academically (Ill be honest and admit I am not sold on the schooling. My son is self motivated so as long as he prepares for the SAT and continues to get high marks he should be fine. It is tough to go from a high quality private school to online/public school). His hockey improvement has been noticed by more than a few scouts - one NAHL team and one Junior A team from Canada (who invited him to tryout camp in April). The bottom line is that we as parents have to make decisions based upon what is best for our kids given the options available to us. THA is working out great this year. I will reassess and see where things are for next year. For now, I feel like I made the right decision for my boy.

BRAZZERS

• Mite
  • LR Justice +4/-92
« Reply #37 on: November 08, 2018, 04:52:01 PM »
You pulled your kid out of PRIVATE SCHOOL to go to THA?  🤦‍♂️.  If you took your kid to “showcases” and he wasn’t picked up then your wasting your time!  Especially if you stayed in California!  THA smh 🤦‍♂️.  Online school.  Lmao almost as bad as those awkward weirdo home school kids that roam around the travel clubs.  LOSERS!!  BRAZZERS loves a facial.   Face wash me!!!

hipcheck34

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +21/-111
« Reply #38 on: November 08, 2018, 08:01:23 PM »
You pulled your kid out of PRIVATE SCHOOL to go to THA?  🤦‍♂️.  If you took your kid to “showcases” and he wasn’t picked up then your wasting your time!  Especially if you stayed in California!  THA smh 🤦‍♂️.  Online school.  Lmao almost as bad as those awkward weirdo home school kids that roam around the travel clubs.  LOSERS!!  BRAZZERS loves a facial.   Face wash me!!!

Do you not get that fact that the boys goto SLTHS?? They take classes at the HS, a lot of the boys went to homecoming. Maybe you should come out of the house every once in awhile and enjoy some sun light. THA will be around long after your kid is done playing. 

BRAZZERS

• Mite
  • LR Justice +4/-92
« Reply #39 on: November 08, 2018, 08:25:55 PM »
Hipcheck, Why don’t you go stick your head up ur Azz.  Stop acting like you know everything.  You know NOTHING.  Ya home school weirdo.  THA lmao.  You must be a donor to that charter school with a pond.  THA.  🤦‍♂️.   

hipcheck34

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +21/-111
« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2018, 07:55:19 AM »
Hipcheck, Why don’t you go stick your head up ur Azz.  Stop acting like you know everything.  You know NOTHING.  Ya home school weirdo.  THA lmao.  You must be a donor to that charter school with a pond.  THA.  🤦‍♂️.

I just have one questions for you? Why do you think THA is so bad?????? enlighten us please.  ;) ;)