This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: T1E showcase at TSC  (Read 38029 times)

Knuckle Puck

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +56/-11
T1E showcase at TSC
« on: October 14, 2018, 02:40:26 PM »
curious if anyone who attended could identify the # of scouts who attended this weekend or any of the organizations they represent? thank you.

Landshark

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +77/-47
Survey for jamboree
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2018, 03:27:01 PM »
I got this from schaha about the jamboree.  Do you think I’m being catfished?

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfugC7IZDuMgWbfUCgCTgqf-oND62aG-vmXOAvYFignWxU1NA/viewform?usp=sf_link

Landshark

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +77/-47
Re: T1E showcase at TSC
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2018, 11:33:35 AM »
Do you think it is or is not a trick question?

Yes

No

Check all that apply. :)

Oilers1966

• Mite
  • LR Justice +28/-16
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2018, 10:36:28 AM »
curious if anyone who attended could identify the # of scouts who attended this weekend or any of the organizations they represent? thank you.

BCHL- Wanatchee Wild ,Cowichan capitals
WHL - Portland WinterHawks, Tri-City Americans, Regina Pats, Saskatoon Blades

Not sure If others, I would guess a few from the WSHL Programs.

Pulsarhockey

• Mite
  • LR Justice +13/-1
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2018, 08:30:23 AM »
I could not believe how the JK and JD have changed over the last two seasons! I didn't recognize the names on the backs of many of the players, especially the JD except for the goalies. I heard many went on to Prep and a few have moved to Juniors.  Still, it surprised me. 

Time Flies

• Mite
  • LR Justice +6/-16
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2018, 09:05:06 AM »
How is it surprising? In case you haven’t heard, caha and scaha have ruined competitive hockey in CA with their creation of the nonsensical flight system. Just take a look at this year’s Bantam flights for all you need to know about why kids are fleeing CA hockey. 5 of the teams in flight two could easily make the playoffs, but due to politics and outright stupidity, now only one will have a one shot chance of making the playoffs. Meanwhile many undeserving teams get an automatic entry into playoffs before even stepping foot on the ice for the season. Why would serious kids stay in CA with this nonsense taking place?

area51

• Midget
  • LR Justice +82/-61
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2018, 09:52:42 AM »
Maybe they didn't screw it up and the CA AAA teams are that much better and it's giving more kids exposure for getting recruited to Prep Schools. I just throwing that out there, could be totally wrong, but I do agree that less AAA teams is better for CA hockey.
Is Prep School just a fad, or will it help these kids get Div 1 scholarships? or are parents just sending their kids to prep school because they feel it's maybe like adding one more A (AAAA). I guess we'll see over the next few years.

JakesDad01

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +3/-6
  • Long live the Crankshaft
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2018, 10:14:05 AM »

Here's what little I know. A fellow parent told me that his son works at a college within the hockey department. The coach for their team told him to only look at player's resumes that have at least junior experience to be considered for the team. I do not know how prep school experience was factored in for this however. I have heard that it does make it easier to get into a college of choice but not told how it factors in for college hockey teams.

SkatingDad

• Midget
  • LR Justice +60/-91
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2018, 10:32:10 AM »
Most college freshman hockey players on scholarship are 20 years old.  College primarily recruits out of Juniors.

CahaMama

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +9/-5
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2018, 11:47:46 AM »
All you have to do is look at the roster of your favorite D1 college team. Pretty much all players come from USHL and a few from NAHL. Those teams draft kids from prep schools and AAA programs. It's simple really. The AAA environment is so political and limited, very few of us from the "outside" can get in. Prep school is our best shot. My son went to Tahoe and he is killing it up there. That kind of development would not have been possible for us if we had stayed local.

BRAZZERS

• Mite
  • LR Justice +4/-92
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2018, 12:30:00 PM »
THA is a joke, I seriously hope you didn’t pay anything near what they were asking.  THA? WTF?  Place won’t even exist in 3-5 years.  They can’t even beat the Orange County high school teams.  Nice try pumping up that “academy”. 

hipcheck34

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +21/-111
  • I love the smell of ice....
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2018, 11:07:08 AM »
THA is a joke, I seriously hope you didn’t pay anything near what they were asking.  THA? WTF?  Place won’t even exist in 3-5 years.  They can’t even beat the Orange County high school teams.  Nice try pumping up that “academy”.

So why is THA a joke??? You stated that they wont last 3-5 years? There in the 3rd year went from 18 kids the first year to roughly 26 the second year to 37 this year and 2 full teams.... 

Nowhearthis

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +26/-12
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2018, 12:50:55 PM »
THA is making all of the right moves to be a solid west coast hockey alternative to AAA and back east/Canada prep going forward.

One might notice that 15AAA Pacific has no team in the MHR top 20, just SJ at #24.  So. Cal has weakened due to the exits and then AA caliber back filling.   Same news every year.

goonhockey

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +21/-24
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2018, 01:21:46 PM »
THA is making all of the right moves to be a solid west coast hockey alternative to AAA and back east/Canada prep going forward.

One might notice that 15AAA Pacific has no team in the MHR top 20, just SJ at #24.  So. Cal has weakened due to the exits and then AA caliber back filling.   Same news every year.

aren't a number of (all?) the remaining superstar kings 03s playing 16s?

BRAZZERS

• Mite
  • LR Justice +4/-92
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2018, 02:27:25 PM »
Hot Garbage