This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: The CAHA AA Flight system sucks again (2019 Bantam AA Edition)  (Read 101598 times)

Landshark

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +77/-47
Re: The CAHA AA Flight system sucks again (2019 Bantam AA Edition)
« Reply #90 on: February 19, 2019, 05:56:07 PM »
The biggest lie in hockey is that hamacher checking camp is worth the money.

There.

I pissed in your pool.

We are both probably right but it doesn’t feel good to crap on the dreams of others.

Landshark

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +77/-47
« Reply #91 on: February 19, 2019, 06:03:39 PM »
You’re right. Caha is not holding back the most physically gifted and driven players in every age group by their decisions.

If the goal is to not hamper kids who are in the very top categories of maturity, determination and money then they are doing the job well.

If they are looking to serve a diverse population of kids who have different levels and circumstances to become better and thrive,  they have missed the mark.

Let’s hope you’re right and they only care about a very small piece of the pie. It takes them from incompetence to flaming victors just by narrowing the mandate.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2019, 06:05:00 PM by Landshark »

JackBender

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +49/-20
    • Tom's Chuckle Barn
« Reply #92 on: February 19, 2019, 06:04:48 PM »
Umm... yeah they are... by placing limits on the AAA teams. That's the whole point.  Read the entire thread... with numbers upon numbers upon numbers to prove that CAHA is unnecessarily manipulating youth hockey. 

Again... what is so scary about allowing teams to do as they please? 

Look at the numbers. When there were no limits, SoCal teams were WINNING NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS.  With limits, THEY ARE NOT

Give the teams freedom. If they suck and are not competitive, no one will join the teams in subsequent years. People are not stupid. But CAHA treats people like they are morons need to be limited... because CAHA knows best. 
I'm your Huckleberry

Hamacher Checking Camp

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +40/-8
« Reply #93 on: February 19, 2019, 06:05:53 PM »
The biggest lie in hockey is that hamacher checking camp is worth the money.

There.

I pissed in your pool.

We are both probably right but it doesn’t feel good to crap on the dreams of others.

I think you missed my point.  The 300 other additional D1 commits I mentioned have to do extraordinary, and I do mean extraordinary, things to overcome "not being found".  I have a tremendous amount of respect and encouragement for those guys.  Had they stayed put and just quit because "they weren't good enough" and accepted "not being found", they never would have overcome massive adversity and achieved. Is that clearer?

Landshark

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +77/-47
« Reply #94 on: February 19, 2019, 06:22:49 PM »
If this was the point you were making in the first post then a retract my sarcasm and agree.

Racetonowhere

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +11/-14
« Reply #95 on: February 19, 2019, 06:36:58 PM »
Jack B-how many AAA applications has CAHA turned down?
Which specific kids have had their hockey development limited because there are only 3 AAA teams or because of the 2 flight system?
What is wrong with playing AA?

HCC-just curious: what do you mean "300 other additional commits"?
How many D1 programs are there: 50-60?
let's say 70 teams-25 players a team over 5 years -that's 350 D1 spaces a year total

Hamacher Checking Camp

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +40/-8
« Reply #96 on: February 19, 2019, 06:41:44 PM »
I dont have my sheet in front of me but I think there were 432 or 436 freshman this year.  [size=78%]That is the number in my head.  I will double check and get back[/size]

Racetonowhere

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +11/-14
« Reply #97 on: February 19, 2019, 06:50:55 PM »
You’re right. Caha is not holding back the most physically gifted and driven players in every age group by their decisions.

If the goal is to not hamper kids who are in the very top categories of maturity, determination and money then they are doing the job well.

If they are looking to serve a diverse population of kids who have different levels and circumstances to become better and thrive,  they have missed the mark.

Let’s hope you’re right and they only care about a very small piece of the pie. It takes them from incompetence to flaming victors just by narrowing the mandate.

Racetonowhere

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +11/-14
« Reply #98 on: February 19, 2019, 06:54:41 PM »
Landshark-what specific things should CAHA should do to promote the game better and who should pay for it?

JackBender

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +49/-20
    • Tom's Chuckle Barn
« Reply #99 on: February 19, 2019, 07:03:36 PM »
Jack B-how many AAA applications has CAHA turned down?
Which specific kids have had their hockey development limited because there are only 3 AAA teams or because of the 2 flight system?
What is wrong with playing AA?

First, you should do some research on your own, or read the previous posts closer. A very clear picture has been drawn with facts and conclusive motives. 

For the 2016-2017 season CAHA did not list which teams got denied.  But if you read the meeting minutes, you will see that for the 2017-2018 season Titans (2), Jr Flyers and GSE were all denied.

For me to list specific kids, that is both ridiculous and against the forum rules. Read the previous posts more closely, the numbers are given. But if you have any awareness of the landscape, you should be perfectly aware of the talent leaving California after Bantam. Not even the CAHA shills deny that fact.

There is nothing wrong with playing AA. But that should be the choice of the kid and the parent... not the governing body. If Kings want to ice five AAA teams, then they should be able to do that... and the same is true for the Maple Leafs or Vacaville Jets.

Don't lose focus... we're all simply saying that CAHA should be nurturing hockey in California. Expanding it. Not limiting it. 

What exactly is your problem with allowing the market to dictate the limits?  No one seems to want to answer this.  

I'm your Huckleberry

JackBender

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +49/-20
    • Tom's Chuckle Barn
« Reply #100 on: February 19, 2019, 07:09:46 PM »
Landshark-what specific things should CAHA should do to promote the game better and who should pay for it?

I'll answer... take off the limits. And it doesn't cost anything. In fact, it would actually SAVE everyone TONS of money to have more AAA teams.  In 2015, there were 10 AAA teams at 16U. 10. That's a lot. Yeah, the bottom teams sucked... but the final standings were perfectly symmetrical, just like every other division.  There are now 3 teams at 16U.  And that costs EVERYONE tons of money to play games... out of the state. And guess what happens the following year?  Yes, everyone leaves because it's cheaper just to move the kid back east.

THAT IS THE PROBLEM!!!  AND IT IS ONE CAHA CREATED!!!  STARTING WITH 11U!!! 
I'm your Huckleberry

Racetonowhere

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +11/-14
« Reply #101 on: February 19, 2019, 07:24:02 PM »
Because AAA is supposed to be the highest level of hockey and you end up having to play teams that aren't very good and vice versa.  For example, just ask the PW kings and Ducks how much they like playing the jr sharks. Just  ask the Jr sharks how much they like getting beaten 11-0 every game by those teams. Just ask the kids and parents on the old wildcats AAA teams how much they liked getting smoked every game.
And why  should the "big clubs" spend all this time and money developing kids from mites to PW and then have somebody come along and say i want to have a Bantam AAA team and I'm going to take all the best players  from the big clubs.
Why not have 78 teams in MLB or 96 in the NHL?

JackBender

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +49/-20
    • Tom's Chuckle Barn
« Reply #102 on: February 19, 2019, 07:46:52 PM »
If the Sharks had competition in NoCal... they wouldn't be so bad. They'd be forced to do better.  Develop better.  Recruit better.  Retain better.  Like I said, competition weeds out incompetence.  It's Business 101.  But CAHA manipulates the system by granting the Sharks AAA at every level regardless of their past record.

Remove the limits.  Allow nature to take its course.  If that bankrupts the Sharks and puts them out of business, then they should be ran a better business.  That should not be CAHA's concern. They should be unbiased.  Expanding the game.  Helping everyone.

Oh, and how MLB and the NHL run their leagues has NOTHING to do with youth hockey in California, so don't conflate the two.   
I'm your Huckleberry

Landshark

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +77/-47
« Reply #103 on: February 19, 2019, 08:22:43 PM »
I’d start with an initiative that promoted scrimmages at the AA and AAA levels. Look to mix in top AA teams into an exhibition schedule?  Maybe. I’d look for relentless and creative leadership who find partners who can help fund the sport. If CAha could use its buying power to build programs that bridge a and aa in he off season. Free 3 on 3 sessions that get players of different levels to mix and be seen at a local level. YouTube channel that interviews players after games.  Something hat brings attention to the sport that just takes time and not money.  Newsletter that reminds people of the benefits and the new initiatives of CAHA.  Each coach could video a lesson for Caha that kids can do at home. Each could be guided to develop a philosophy and a growth mindset that could be articulated and on display for parents seeking diversity of coaching. Welcome days at each club that force open a closed culture. Tryout proceedures that take some of the politics out of the process. A partnership between rinks in Canada and California. It works with businesses. Give people an affiliation and it may bring our humble kids closer to their glorious hockey awesomeness.  eBay used equipment fundraiser?  Visiting coach program from an international location?  A rule that basic books have to be public access to be in Caha?  A barrage of new ideas that make people excited about California hockey. Pick and choose and ridicule if necessary.

PutYourFootOnTheGas

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +6/-18
« Reply #104 on: February 19, 2019, 08:23:52 PM »
If the Sharks had competition in NoCal... they wouldn't be so bad. They'd be forced to do better.  Develop better.  Recruit better.  Retain better.  Like I said, competition weeds out incompetence.  It's Business 101.  But CAHA manipulates the system by granting the Sharks AAA at every level regardless of their past record.

Remove the limits.  Allow nature to take its course.  If that bankrupts the Sharks and puts them out of business, then they should be ran a better business.  That should not be CAHA's concern. They should be unbiased.  Expanding the game.  Helping everyone.

Oh, and how MLB and the NHL run their leagues has NOTHING to do with youth hockey in California, so don't conflate the two.   

You clearly do not follow NorCal hockey closely. We’ve also already covered this topic but once again, look at the AA teams up north. They are all pretty bad save for the GSE 14AA team. What club can magically start fielding solid AAA teams besides SJ? GSE is probably the best candidate but they fell flat on their face the last few times they tried. We all agree that the Sharks are not as advanced as the Kings or Ducks but they have pretty solid 13AAA, 14AAA, 15AAA and 16AAA teams. In fact, just this past weekend, their 14AAA, 15AAA and 16AAA teams all beat their Kings counterparts in MN. Their 14AAA and 16AAA teams were the only CA teams to make it to the semis of the Tier 1 playoffs. This gap between the California clubs is not as wide as everyone is making it out to be except at the PeeWee level and quite frankly......who cares, those kids are still wearing Superman pajamas.