This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: The CAHA AA Flight system sucks again (2019 Bantam AA Edition)  (Read 101541 times)

HockeyGuy-99

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +22/-8
Re: The CAHA AA Flight system sucks again (2019 Bantam AA Edition)
« Reply #165 on: August 11, 2021, 03:55:52 PM »
With Los Angeles just mandating vaccine passports today for places like gyms, restaurants, concerts, etc. I'd imagine if your child plays a game in LA they will need to provide a passport to watch it or enter the building. 

So much for the Labor Day tourney in LA.  I really just don't want our kids to go through this BS again. 

JagrBomb

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +5/-0
« Reply #166 on: August 11, 2021, 07:24:27 PM »
Yeah, not confident a season will be possible with that, hope I am wrong. Sounding like CAHA issued the 1st preseason weekend with all 14U headed to San Jose so hopefully that is an indication they are committed to push on this year.

notTHATdad

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +46/-17
« Reply #167 on: August 12, 2021, 11:30:23 AM »
Here's a solution....

Get your kid vaccinated. It's a contact sport.

HockeyGuy-99

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +22/-8
« Reply #168 on: August 12, 2021, 03:49:01 PM »
Here's a solution....

Pack yourself a parachute every time you drive over a tall bridge.  It's a long way down.   

notTHATdad

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +46/-17
« Reply #169 on: August 12, 2021, 07:07:21 PM »
Here's a solution....

Pack yourself a parachute every time you drive over a tall bridge.  It's a long way down.   

Sounds like you are saying you don't think you have a good enough reason to get your kid vaccinated.

Well.... now you do. To play hockey.

JagrBomb

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +5/-0
« Reply #170 on: August 12, 2021, 07:18:54 PM »
Hearing Ice Dogs 2 moved down to A so, if accurate (SCAHA now shows only 1 team declared for ID), down to 20 teams total to start off in San Jose. There should be some kind of structure for brackets and this first weekend’s games by mid-next week after the 8/15 deadline hits.

mouthguardpenalty

• Mite
  • LR Justice +0/-2
« Reply #171 on: August 13, 2021, 07:00:49 AM »
On the vaccination requirement topic: who cares what your political or risk-management beliefs are. I took my teenage son to a hockey tournament in Colorado in February. He caught covid either at the tournament or at an airport. When we got home he had a cough, we got him tested and he was positive. He was SICK for a full week, unable to get out of bed, cough, fever, the works. He was at 50% for two weeks after that, even had chest pain. It took him 6 weeks at least to get back to 80%, 3 months to get to 100%. He got vaccinated as soon as he was eligible.

This is just our experience, I realize plenty of teens have no symptoms. But this was a perfectly healthy kid who doesn't usually get sick. Take it seriously, even if you only care about yourself and your own family and aren't concerned about being an asymptomatic vector.

notTHATdad

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +46/-17
« Reply #172 on: August 13, 2021, 08:37:47 AM »
I just can't imagine a team opting not to strongly encourage or require vaccination from a strictly operational/convenience perspective. Compare the cases...

The unvaccinated team is going to spend the entire season wondering if their next tournament is going to be unavailable to them because of a recently instituted vaccine mandate. They are going to have to do parent travel, because no coach wants to deal with an unvaccinated covid case. In areas like LA or SF (and certainly more to come - Santa Clara/San Jose said yesterday they are studying the new SF rules right now) they are going risk losing their practice facilities. They can't play in Canada because they can't get there. They would be crazy to play in Texas (or Florida, but that's less of an issue.) Sounds a lot like last season to me.

The vaccinated team can go out and travel with the knowledge that their kids are far, far more likely to get seriously injured on the ice, during a game, than end up hospitalized from Covid. Team travel becomes reasonable again. Tournaments don't have a question mark over them. Travel to Canada or Texas is possible.

I'm not talking about politics or medical science here.  I did lose a close relative to Covid. And I know one youth hockey player that is struggling with 'long covid' - so it's real. But to me, it's just the convenience/operational aspect that makes this an obvious call.[/size].

hicksDad

• Mite
  • LR Justice +5/-9
« Reply #173 on: August 13, 2021, 01:35:26 PM »
Here's a solution....

Yeah, because the chances of catching COVID and the chances of driving your car off of the side of a tall bridge are totally comparable, right.

Hint: there were less than 40k traffic fatalities in the US in 2018 (last year with complete stats), there have been over 600k COVID deaths so far.

Honestly, I had COVID (picked it up at a Vegas Tourn last year), and I've been vaxxed and my son has been vaxxed. I'd still feel a lot more comfortable if all the players were vaxxed, just because I don't want to sit out of work for another quarantine, and I don't want my son to miss that much hockey.

Knuckle Puck

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +56/-11
« Reply #174 on: August 13, 2021, 04:43:01 PM »
a kid cant attend school in california unless he/she is vaccinated for tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis, polio, measles, mumps, rubella, hep b and chickenpox. https://cchealth.org/immunization/school-requirements.php

ive got no problem with adding to that list a vax for the bug that has killed 60k+ californians over the past year. is there a lil gretzky out there not tough enough to take a needle? theres no constitutional right for your kid to play hockey. give your kiddo the jab or he doesnt play. your choice.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2021, 04:47:08 PM by Knuckle Puck »

justanotherhockeydad

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +59/-56
« Reply #175 on: August 13, 2021, 06:24:22 PM »
But but but... Freeeeeeedom!!!

JagrBomb

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +5/-0
« Reply #176 on: August 16, 2021, 01:45:05 PM »
Hearing Kings 1 and Wave 1 skated to a 3-3 tie over the weekend.

trans4761

• NHL
  • LR Justice +286/-342
« Reply #177 on: August 16, 2021, 03:44:50 PM »
Hearing Kings 1 and Wave 1 skated to a 3-3 tie over the weekend.
Smooth bit if coaching by DK tied game for JK's in last seconds.

trans4761

• NHL
  • LR Justice +286/-342
« Reply #178 on: August 16, 2021, 07:05:55 PM »
Question.....on the JKs, there were a few kids with what seemed to be Bakerfield helmets.  Anyone have intel if they are on the team or just for show ??

JagrBomb

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +5/-0
« Reply #179 on: August 16, 2021, 07:35:12 PM »
3 from Bakersfield is what I was told.