This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: The CAHA AA Flight system sucks again (2019 Bantam AA Edition)  (Read 101916 times)

FrozenMom18

• Mite
  • LR Justice +1/-0
Re: The CAHA AA Flight system sucks again (2019 Bantam AA Edition)
« Reply #195 on: August 26, 2021, 11:20:28 PM »
ID AA did not play Wave A, maybe their AA(1) team that dropped to A?

JagrBomb

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +5/-0
« Reply #196 on: August 27, 2021, 06:17:23 AM »
I can’t confirm as another parent told me about it but wouldn’t that be their A team then if they dropped to A?

San Jose Ice facilities are requiring vaccination for 12 years old and up beginning 9/20.
http://www.solar4americaiceatsanjose.com/covid/vaccination-policy
Negative test or having COVID prior doesn’t exclude. The first CAHA weekend is 9/17-9/19, but I feel the season is over before it has begun.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2021, 07:16:16 AM by JagrBomb »

FrozenMom18

• Mite
  • LR Justice +1/-0
« Reply #197 on: August 27, 2021, 07:46:35 AM »
I guess I'll clarify, ID have not played a Wave team. I was referring to the ID team that dropped to A.

Rats13

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +16/-2
« Reply #198 on: August 27, 2021, 08:47:09 AM »
I can’t confirm as another parent told me about it but wouldn’t that be their A team then if they dropped to A?

San Jose Ice facilities are requiring vaccination for 12 years old and up beginning 9/20.
http://www.solar4americaiceatsanjose.com/covid/vaccination-policy
Negative test or having COVID prior doesn’t exclude. The first CAHA weekend is 9/17-9/19, but I feel the season is over before it has begun.

Starting Sept 1 Los Angeles County is requiring a negative test prior to games and an on ice mask mandate regardless of vaccination status.

JagrBomb

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +5/-0
« Reply #199 on: August 27, 2021, 09:12:54 AM »
Starting Sept 1 Los Angeles County is requiring a negative test prior to games and an on ice mask mandate regardless of vaccination status.

Yes, LA County you can show a negative test.  San Jose is not allowing a negative test or the fact that you already had COVID exempt you.  Have to be fully vaccinated regardless after 9/20.

JagrBomb

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +5/-0
« Reply #200 on: August 27, 2021, 09:37:03 AM »
I guess I'll clarify, ID have not played a Wave team. I was referring to the ID team that dropped to A.

Got it, thanks for this.

notTHATdad

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +46/-17
« Reply #201 on: August 27, 2021, 10:19:55 AM »
RE vaccination...

USAHockey has been asking for full medical history for 10+ years on the standard release form for tournaments, including tetanus vaccination status. We've all signed the forms. Schools have been insisting on vaccination forever. Don't like the idea of mRNA for some (unscientific) reason? Get J&J.  Or don't play. Your choice.

Just get your kid vaccinated and stop whining.

Personally, when my kid goes into the corner, in a flurry of heavy breathing and spittle, against some other kid, I will feel much better if I know they are both vaccinated.

JagrBomb

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +5/-0
« Reply #202 on: August 27, 2021, 10:25:39 AM »
RE vaccination...

USAHockey has been asking for full medical history for 10+ years on the standard release form for tournaments, including tetanus vaccination status. We've all signed the forms. Schools have been insisting on vaccination forever. Don't like the idea of mRNA for some (unscientific) reason? Get J&J.  Or don't play. Your choice.

Personally, when my kid goes into the corner, in a flurry of heavy breathing and spittle, against some other kid, I will feel much better if I know they are both vaccinated.

J&J is not a traditional vaccine either, so there is that small piece of info to consider.  Thanks though internet guy, I am sure you have convinced millions with this rant...

ohnonotagain

• Mite
  • LR Justice +16/-5
« Reply #203 on: August 27, 2021, 10:38:17 AM »
RE vaccination...

Or move to a much more sane state as many Californians are doing.  Where you both can parent your kid and let them play hockey.

notTHATdad

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +46/-17
« Reply #204 on: August 27, 2021, 11:17:48 AM »

RE vaccination...

J&J is not a traditional vaccine either, so there is that small piece of info to consider.  Thanks though internet guy, I am sure you have convinced millions with this rant...

Oooo... "Internet guy". I like the sound of that :-)

I wasn't the guy saying that because your kid isn't vaccinated, there won't be a season, and we should all pick up our balls and go home. For what it's worth, a straw poll on my kids AAA team showed only one kid not vaccinated (I don't know the reason).  it's just not that big a deal for most people.

JagrBomb

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +5/-0
« Reply #205 on: August 27, 2021, 11:36:38 AM »
Oooo... "Internet guy". I like the sound of that :-)

I wasn't the guy saying that because your kid isn't vaccinated, there won't be a season, and we should all pick up our balls and go home. For what it's worth, a straw poll on my kids AAA team showed only one kid not vaccinated (I don't know the reason).  it's just not that big a deal for most people.

Calm down bud, I applaud your team and the DECISION they made.  Good for them and all who choose to or not to honestly.  I'm not here to judge any parent's choice there, just talk hockey.  I simply stated an opinion of what I think could happen, not yelling at anyone to do it or else. 
« Last Edit: August 27, 2021, 11:37:55 AM by JagrBomb »

fistocuffs

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +40/-61
« Reply #206 on: August 27, 2021, 02:10:38 PM »
When I read JargrBombs last post, I cannot keep the scene from Breakfastclub out of my head..   "Not Even Close... Bud".  I feel there is one certainty in life, hockey for better or worse will be played in California.   At a Tier I level, and maybe to a lesser extent Tier II - I would expect that teams would really push to be vaccinated.  Tier 1 travels the country and after a while - taking tests every week and trying to follow the protocols of all the places you have to visit - in the end - seems quite complex and painful.   It seems way simpler at this level to just get all the staff and players 12> vaccinated.  Then it becomes a much simpler game to play.  Thats my two cents.
Its basically the two shot Pfizer for any kid at this point.   The good news its pretty easy to get these days.  Just a stroll to the local Wallgreens

notTHATdad

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +46/-17
« Reply #207 on: August 27, 2021, 06:34:28 PM »
I've said it in other threads. As a coach you'd have to be incredibly short-sighted not to insist on vaccination. If you don't, you are buying yourself a season of worrying whether the next tournament will be cancelled for you because of a mandate. A season of not doing team travel for fear of having to make medical decisions for other people's unvaccinated kids. A season of potentially losing access to your practice facilities.

Just from an operational perspective, it's really the only sane choice to make. I'd say from B on up.

CAHockeyParent

• Mite
  • LR Justice +2/-4
« Reply #208 on: August 27, 2021, 08:10:32 PM »
When I read JargrBombs last post, I cannot keep the scene from Breakfastclub out of my head..   "Not Even Close... Bud".  I feel there is one certainty in life, hockey for better or worse will be played in California.   At a Tier I level, and maybe to a lesser extent Tier II - I would expect that teams would really push to be vaccinated.  Tier 1 travels the country and after a while - taking tests every week and trying to follow the protocols of all the places you have to visit - in the end - seems quite complex and painful.   It seems way simpler at this level to just get all the staff and players 12> vaccinated.  Then it becomes a much simpler game to play.  Thats my two cents.
Its basically the two shot Pfizer for any kid at this point.   The good news its pretty easy to get these days.  Just a stroll to the local Wallgreens

Minimum of weekly tests will soon be required in LA County. San Jose requiring vaccinations (my guess is testing requirements will soon follow).

Are there any restrictions on the upcoming Anaheim and Valencia tournaments?

Is this the beginning of the end of the CAHA season?

alfirst

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +16/-39
« Reply #209 on: August 28, 2021, 08:34:14 AM »
That’s the thing - I personally know of cases when vaccinated people get sick with COVID and then only testing and checking symptoms are the only way.

Then if you are in a camp - not to take random shots into your arms and kids arms - why even bother
If the test is still required.

And I get the operational prospective - but apparently freedom of choice has winners and losers.
And vaccination believers are trying to win this battle -

If they believe in the vaccine - why they are afraid of not vaccinated people then? They are protected in their mind.
I am ok with them getting shots - they are not ok with ones that don’t; they want restrictions for them - that’s the thing

Oh, and then nobody talks about best thing in the world - natural immunity - had it, over it, good to go - noooo, says believers - go get a shot which just got approved…

And FYI - coworker told me - I have not checked - that FDA approval committee has former Pfizer director on board - movie that comes to my mind is Fugitive with Harrison Ford fighting big pharma

« Last Edit: August 28, 2021, 08:41:44 AM by alfirst »