This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: The CAHA AA Flight system sucks again (2019 Bantam AA Edition)  (Read 101656 times)

notTHATdad

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +46/-17
Re: The CAHA AA Flight system sucks again (2019 Bantam AA Edition)
« Reply #210 on: August 28, 2021, 09:16:42 AM »

Not sure I'd call vaccines that have now been used on almost 2 billion people world wide, and over 200 million here in the USA "random shots" :)  But whatever.

Anyways, don't listen to me - I'm just "internet guy".  The solution to doubt with this is pretty obvious, ask your family physician. 

It's amazing how few people do that given that's where people go for all their other important, more dangerous, medical advice. (My guess is that they know what the answer will be and just don't want to hear it)

There will be a season in California. It will be largely in masks, with road trips to other states for the high end, and only for the vaccinated here. That's not CAHA's call, it's not "the vaccinated's" call, it's local governments call.

alfirst

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +16/-39
« Reply #211 on: August 28, 2021, 09:48:57 AM »
You will be surprised - but our family physician said - if you are not afraid/had it mild or no symptoms and are ok - you don’t have to get vaccine
My suspicion on advices are that they also have no idea and follow the general ruling and/or political agenda.

But - if one is cautious/afraid of the virus - get vaccine,
If one is cautious of vaccine consequences In the long run and have natural immunity - don’t take it
But why the first ones try to make ruling on everyone?…

You probably know that Pfizer is not yet fully approved for 16 or 18 and younger - so you are a lab rat still.
And quantity of people that got shots don’t mean any quality to me (there are more billions probably who believe in Jesus Christ and still there are others who don’t and live their lives)- it was done in a rush at the very least.

Hockey in masks and shots, tests every 48 hours - might as well upgrade to computer NHL game - totally safe (aside from computer virus threat)

notTHATdad

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +46/-17
« Reply #212 on: August 28, 2021, 10:54:47 AM »
OK, I'll bite, since you have asked the question a few times.  For others, feel free to ignore this, as it is not hockey related (mostly).

Why do the vaccinated want the unvaccinated to get it... I can just speak from my perspective, but I think this is right...

Reason 1: Because we want our lives back. Because we see that as long as hospitals are overloading (as they are in Florida and Texas), or at risk of overloading, we will be under restrictions. We hate masks as much as anyone. And vaccination and some approach to herd immunity is the only way this ends. Yes, there will be boosters. And we will happily do that if it means we return to normality. Remember, the vast majority of the hospitalized and dying are unvaccinated. Deaths due to vaccinated cases are almost unheard of, and always are paired with other significant medical conditions.

Reason 2: Because that overloading of the medical system ends up costing us. There is a huge bill to be payed, and as much as we like to talk about "individual responsibility" in this country, when the ER's are full, it puts up all of our rates. These people you see in hospitals (Mostly 30 years old+, and %90+ unvaccinated, despite the number of unvaccinated being < %50 now) will run up bills in the 100's of thousands of dollars. That's what a 2 week stay in hospital costs. Most of them don't have that money, so insurance will pay or as likely, the hospitals will pay. In either case, we all pay. If that 30 year old was vaccinated, the cost to us is nothing, because it's incredibly unlikely they end up in hospital.

Reason 3: Because there will always be people who can't get vaccinated for medical reasons. They will live at risk until the cases go down, and the cases are being driven right now largely by the unvaccinated. Some of us have people in their families in that situation, and some of us just care about the unfortunate.

Reason 4: Because we care. Yes, even about people that don't agree with us politically. 600,000+ dead already, and probably another 300,000 dead in a post-vaccinated world is a blemish against this country.

Reason 5: Because, yes, you can still get Covid when vaccinated... BUT the science is pretty clear that if you are vaccinated you spread it much, much less. Most people don't even know they have it.  For about 3 days you have significant virus present, but it drops off far, far quicker than the unvaccinated (about twice as fast).  So your kid not being vaccinated does still increase the chances others getting sick versus an vaccinated kid.

Reason 6: Because even if the unvaccinated teenagers are not likely to end up in hospital, they are much more likely to get it, more likely to have symptoms and spread it, and more likely to take it home, to school, to practices, to games, etc, and pass it along to teachers, staff, coaches, parents, etc, outside of their family, who did not make that "choice".

Now, you are going to hear all sorts of nonsense about how the vaccines will create new variants (that's NOT how that works - mutation is random, and mutations actually happen faster in an unvaccinated population because it's just a numbers game). And how it's not been tested enough, which is also incorrect - all the acceleration that happened was about cutting red tape and doing things in parallel. The same amount of testing happened to get it to emergency approval as any medicine.  If you are reading that stuff, I would question your news sources. Numbers do count.

The mRNA vaccine is completely out of your system in about 5 days, leaving behind just the memory of the spike protein in your immune system. It's a technology that has been used to fight cancer for many years. Millions of people taking it with no side effects does count. 

alfirst

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +16/-39
« Reply #213 on: August 28, 2021, 03:02:25 PM »

Thank you for your response - and it is ultimately hockey-related - anyway -as it affects it;

1. Masks do not help - there are scientists saying that (albeit their voice is getting silenced by mainstream media); some think they do - so that's an open question in itself
2. Yes to a certain extent - but when you say the vaccine is free - you mean like printing money to pay big pharma won't affect you - in terms of raising taxes, falling dollar, inflation etc?
3 and 4 - no comments  - for obvious reasons
5 and 6 - maybe yes, maybe no - you listed your opinion based on some research and facts - others will counter you with other opinions based on also facts and research
 European football leagues are fully functioning - in some countries with more spectators than the others - no one wears masks on the field, I think (check me if I am wrong) there is no vaccination mandate for sports there, for youth sports included. I know countries where for certain there are no such mandates.
 On cancer thing - I am no pro on this, to put it mildly - I can give you credit of you know the topic - but last time I heard people still die from cancer and it's one of the statistically significant death causes.
 It was still done way quicker than it would normally take - and the fact that 2 billion have it and live so far (btw - you know of course about reported multiple "casualties" on this) - also means not a whole lot to me now - I'd wait couple years to see how that goes.
 Deaths from COVID - let's just say I have no idea what it is and have no faith in reported numbers whatsoever. They have been politically and economically driven (in both directions) too much to decipher the truth now - imho.[size=78%] [/size]

And you missed my point on natural immunity (probably not on purposes) - what if you had it, got over it, and good to go - your immune system works fine vs it - so why try to improve something (with potentially devastating side effects, at best - neutral ones) that works perfectly?
 That is a major question/concern that again getting "overheard" in the mainstream (yours on the political side of things) media.

notTHATdad

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +46/-17
« Reply #214 on: August 28, 2021, 04:47:04 PM »

My email was mean to explain, not defend :-)  To clarify my thinking though...

Masks clearly do help. That's just physics. Though how much is obviously a question of mask type, use, situation, etc. It is clearly spread as an aerosol, something that was not originally assumed, and that reduces effectiveness, but does not eliminate it.

For the purposes of hockey though, I doubt they help at all, since in my experience players that are forced to wear them have them around their chins :-) My personal preference would be to mandate vaccination but NOT masks on the ice.

On the natural immunity thing, there is a lot of noise out there on this. The actual papers I've read (to my ability) indicate that natural immunity is good, but not as robust as vaccination, and probably fades faster. I have seen it recommended (by physicians) that those who have had Covid take at least one dose of the vaccine after 3 months.  The problem with that of course, is that's not enough to satisfy most mandates. I admit that legally those with previous infections are being forced into a corner a bit. I can imagine that is a question of logistics though. Tough to prove you've had it, unlike a vaccine.

Also, vaccinated individuals who get break through cases and recover (all of them, basically) seem to have very robust immune responses - beyond the simply vaccinated.

BTW, I don't think of this as a political issue, and it's sad that people see it that way. It *is* a social welfare issue, just like all vaccination questions.

fistocuffs

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +40/-61
« Reply #215 on: August 28, 2021, 05:13:54 PM »
I fall firmly in the vaccination camp.   It seems we now live in a society where everyone becomes an expert via way of internet.  People who really have worked in the field of immunology and vaccine ware fare have seen these mRNA approaches as the culmination of many many years of hard fought research with billions spent on truly understanding how they work.  These people are very smart and understand this more than 99.9 percent of all.  By all counts this is the safest and most effective vaccine since vaccines have been used.   It’s safer then flying it seems.    I am truly baffled.   

My parents tell me stories of polio and small pox and Scarlett fever and other various viruses that killed people outright or crippled them for life.   The vsciation rate of that population is above 90 percent.  Pretty much anyone that can get it. Got the shot

My generation were fortunate enough to barely remember our shots we got that were mandated by the government before you could attend school   There is now though a whole generation of people who think every virus is just “another flu”. And not to worry. And shots are evil and it’s all alie.  It only when they are hooked up to a ventilator and have told they have a 50 50 chance to live .   Is when they wish they could have simple got vaccinated. 

notTHATdad

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +46/-17
« Reply #216 on: August 28, 2021, 07:28:43 PM »

Sorry - just trying to be complete here, and I forgot to address one of your points.

On the "multiple casualties", sure. A very few people have had adverse side effects. That is to be expected with any medicine.

Tylenol is the drug in common use that has maybe the largest number of adverse side effects. About 400 people a year die from liver failure caused by tylenol. But a huge number of people take it, so as a percentage it is not worth worrying about - you are more likely to die driving out to buy your tylenol than taking it.

Same thing with the vaccines.

Again, for comparison, the chances of dying under anesthesia are about 1 in 10,000. WAY, WAY more dangerous than the covid vaccines. If your doctor said "we need to operate", most people would probably do it. Your doctor is now (very likely -  I'd encourage you to ask) telling you to take the vaccine.

I'm done now. Take the above for what it's worth (or don't)

Thank you for your response - and it is ultimately hockey-related - anyway -as it affects it;

1. Masks do not help - there are scientists saying that (albeit their voice is getting silenced by mainstream media); some think they do - so that's an open question in itself
2. Yes to a certain extent - but when you say the vaccine is free - you mean like printing money to pay big pharma won't affect you - in terms of raising taxes, falling dollar, inflation etc?
3 and 4 - no comments  - for obvious reasons
5 and 6 - maybe yes, maybe no - you listed your opinion based on some research and facts - others will counter you with other opinions based on also facts and research
 European football leagues are fully functioning - in some countries with more spectators than the others - no one wears masks on the field, I think (check me if I am wrong) there is no vaccination mandate for sports there, for youth sports included. I know countries where for certain there are no such mandates.
 On cancer thing - I am no pro on this, to put it mildly - I can give you credit of you know the topic - but last time I heard people still die from cancer and it's one of the statistically significant death causes.
 It was still done way quicker than it would normally take - and the fact that 2 billion have it and live so far (btw - you know of course about reported multiple "casualties" on this) - also means not a whole lot to me now - I'd wait couple years to see how that goes.
 Deaths from COVID - let's just say I have no idea what it is and have no faith in reported numbers whatsoever. They have been politically and economically driven (in both directions) too much to decipher the truth now - imho.

And you missed my point on natural immunity (probably not on purposes) - what if you had it, got over it, and good to go - your immune system works fine vs it - so why try to improve something (with potentially devastating side effects, at best - neutral ones) that works perfectly?
 That is a major question/concern that again getting "overheard" in the mainstream (yours on the political side of things) media.

« Last Edit: August 28, 2021, 07:29:56 PM by notTHATdad »

Midgeteh

• Mite
  • LR Justice +0/-1
« Reply #217 on: August 28, 2021, 07:55:07 PM »
Three things they should not allow you to discuss on Calhockey.  Religion, politics, and Covid.

People see things differently that's a surprise...

Who on here does not want the kids to play a safe healthy season?  Answer: no one.

When a game is over the stats are clear.  The score is recorded there are winners and loser's clearly. The FACTS about covid wont be clear for years. After all there are still flat earthers out there. (not intended to encourage either side of the debate)

So lets return to what is clear...

Any games being played this weekend?

Any winners or losers?

Only thing I have heard so far was that the Pats had it rough in Valencia today.

57 shots to 5? But the score was only 5-0?

Anyone see this game? How do you have 57 shots and only 5 goals in youth hockey?

Looking at San Jose...  If 50% of your team is unvaccinated today and get the first shot tomorrow... they will not be considered fully vaccinated until after the 3rd CAHA weekend.  (shot 1... 21 days shot 2.. 10 days before the State of California considers you vaccinated.) I think all CAHA weekend games scheduled in San Jose after 9/20/2021 are forfeited.

Will CAHA change venues? I have heard Vegas Storm wants in to CAHA. Move SJ CAHA weekends to Vegas?

Am I wrong?  No Covid debate please just am I reading this wrong?

Hockeymomx

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +5/-0
« Reply #218 on: August 28, 2021, 08:06:05 PM »
I think they don’t have much a choice but to move it from SJ.  CAHA doesn’t (as of today) require vaccination, so I don’t see how they can hold a CAHA weekend at a venue that does.  Unless somehow Solar4America comes up with a workaround like convincing someone that venue means sheet of ice not the facility and banning spectators to keep the numbers below 50.  Plenty of rinks in SoCal that can accommodate a CAHA weekend, so I hope Vegas doesn’t happen.  However, it was originally on the list of CAHA weekend locations.

JagrBomb

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +5/-0
« Reply #219 on: August 28, 2021, 09:22:32 PM »
Rumor has it, LA County has an ordinance drafted already that mirrors San Jose's so I think it will only be a matter of time. Being fortunate enough to know families from several different clubs, levels and teams, I am actually hearing there are quite a few teams out there that may be closer to 50/50 on this issue than some here think.  Time will tell I guess.  Vegas or OC/ SD/ Riverside/ Kern could all be options to find ice if that happens as well.

As far as scrimmages, good to see teams and these kids getting at it the last couple of weekends.  In addition to the Flyers 1/ Pats scrimmage listed above (that Pats goalie did well to hold it to 5 it sounds), I have heard of the following on deck for tomorrow:

• Bears vs Ducks 1
  • Wave 1 vs Flyers 1
  • Flyers 2 vs Kings 2
  • Bears 07 AAA vs Saints AA (hearing this Saints team is pretty solid)

Midgeteh

• Mite
  • LR Justice +0/-1
« Reply #220 on: August 28, 2021, 09:30:50 PM »
Ducks 1 over Bears 6-3
Wave Flyers tie 4-4
Kings 2 are hurt down 4+ players tie Flyers2?
Bears AAA over Saints 27-1 if not Peter goes NAPHL with this team to retain AAA glory?

JagrBomb

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +5/-0
« Reply #221 on: August 29, 2021, 05:58:50 PM »
Love the last prediction, haha! I haven’t heard much on today’s games except on that game, Bears 07 AAA beat Saints AA 14-2. Anyone else?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2021, 05:59:24 PM by JagrBomb »

JagrBomb

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +5/-0
« Reply #222 on: August 30, 2021, 08:22:28 AM »
Was able to chase down the scores of the remaining scrimmages this weekend and was told of a couple of more that took place.  Anyone else know of more?

Flyers 1 vs Wave 1                  4-4 tie
Bears vs Ducks 1                  4-2 Bears
Wave 2 vs Pats                          3-0 Wave 2
GSE 2 vs Blackhawks                  6-2 GSE 2
Kings 2 vs Flyers 2                    8-0 Kings 2

BladesofSteel66

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +29/-22
« Reply #223 on: August 30, 2021, 12:45:19 PM »
Reading the Covid posts on here is worse than actually getting Covid.  Equally as painful is the misinformation and bias. 

Bottom line, there are pros and cons to getting and to not getting vaccinated.  The one thing you (or the government) can't do is force anyone to get vaccinated.  The failure of the FOR PROFIT health care and hospital systems in America are not the responsibility of the citizens to maintain. 

What they (officials) are doing is giving everyone ultimatums - get vaxed or get out.  That is NOT a structured choice and it's garbage.   

You realize the big 3 vax companies are making over 10 billion each supplying this MANDATED vaccination for all. 

Oh, and kids wearing masks while playing hockey?  That idea is absolutely dangerous and moronic. 

alfirst

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +16/-39
« Reply #224 on: August 30, 2021, 12:55:50 PM »
I knew I am not the only one here... just "other voices" sometimes are louder...