This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: The CAHA AA Flight system sucks again (2019 Bantam AA Edition)  (Read 101682 times)

Hackey11

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +2/-3
Re: The CAHA AA Flight system sucks again (2019 Bantam AA Edition)
« Reply #240 on: September 02, 2021, 08:40:24 PM »
First 14UAA game of the tourney.  Ice Dogs 3 vs Reign 1. Ice Dogs out shot the Reign 23-6.

JagrBomb

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +5/-0
« Reply #241 on: September 03, 2021, 07:42:54 AM »
Kings 2 beat Flyers 2 by a score of 4-0, shots were 34-15 in favor of the Kings per the scoresheet on the tourney website.

BladesofSteel66

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +29/-22
« Reply #242 on: September 03, 2021, 01:19:29 PM »
The PROS are having family members with preexisting illnesses who need the shot, actually take it.  Why, because they NEED it. 

I am sorry for anyone's loss, but unfortunately knowing whether or not you NEED a shot isn't for the government to decide. 

The CONS...  the shot that was only emergency authorized (NOT APPROVED) for youth 12-17 has a side effect - death.  I do not care the percentage because it has been all but confirmed the Pfizer shot has resulted in Myocarditis - a viral infection that causes heart failure and DEATH.  I do not think I need another CON.   Those lemmings playing for rinks that are mandating everyone 12 and older who enter have proof of vax is murder.  (Extreme, sure, but what else do I call it?  An accident?)  The PRO of not getting vaxd is staying alive as a teenager. 

Again, many of my extended family members have been vaxd and for good reason.  I didn't stand at their door and tell them DONT DO IT!!!   I was glad they did if it made them feel safe. 

If anyone, especially a parent, determines there is no need for a shot for themselves or their children, then that's on them.  They didn't give out preexisting illnesses, they didn't seek out the elderly, they didn't create the virus, and they are not choosing to spread the virus either. 

I know much of this has been posted by others, but I was asked directly, so I wanted to let you know I did read your posts.  Also, I never said the vax companies made the virus to make money off of the vax.  They are making money thanks to the government just like defense contractors did during "war."  I know they didn't plan 9-11, but they sure profited from it... or did they???
« Last Edit: September 03, 2021, 01:24:23 PM by BladesofSteel66 »

alfirst

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +16/-39
« Reply #243 on: September 03, 2021, 02:13:00 PM »
 Blades - I need a lesson from you - how to stay positive in stick/wash stuff with such views.... truly

And  - fistcoffs - you may do as many "virtual" face washes  to me as you wish - but you can't shut down "freedom of speech" voices! (that's sarcasm, ok?)

notTHATdad

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +46/-17
« Reply #244 on: September 03, 2021, 06:36:18 PM »

Issues of choice and politics completely aside, a few corrections, because there is a lot of misinformation out there.

Myocarditis is not a "virus". It is a medical condition. It's a word that means "heart inflamation."  It CAN be caused by a virus, but also by adverse reactions to medicines, and many other reasons.

So far, 33 kids under 19 have died of Covid in California alone:

https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID/DCDC/Pages/COVID-19/COVID-19-Cases-by-Age-Group.aspx

And many, many more have suffered long term impacts ('long covid'), including players in the hockey community.

As of July, the CDC had zero cases of anyone dying of Myocarditis. Yes, some people got sick. Some quite sick. They recovered.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7027e2.htm

This may have changed by now, but it is exceedingly rare, particularly in comparison to deaths from Covid.

The numbers show you are far more likely to die during the drive to and from your vaccination appointment than from vaccine-induced myocarditis.

alfirst

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +16/-39
« Reply #245 on: September 03, 2021, 09:08:44 PM »
So it was 0 under 18 death cases in CA I believe about last year time - now it is 33 per your source (who knows what they rule there - but let’s assume it is covid)
How many died of flu during the same period of time? Closing on 2 years soon.
Have not heard any mandates on flu vaccines - and you are saying it is not politics - it is social welfare?
Any death is a tragedy to someone, youth death is even more so - but statistically 33 out of almost 40mln (comparable to size of Poland, Spain, Ukraine) during “terrible pandemic”?
And do we know preconditions for those?
And I have not heard anyone young enough (30 minus) around me (can’t say for everyone sure) about long-term effects - recovered, running again… I do believe some might have aftermath - not sure the stat though.

And to be complete - when you say there are no death from miocardities as of now - I do not think young kids are going to die right away - I am more concerned on long term effect  - and increasing chances in the future. So I would give it couple of years for more study to arrive and see. Maybe even longer.
One of my colleagues did full blood analysis prior to getting a shot and they are making “a pool” like that with one MD - to build a case - if anything happens to them they (if alive) or their close ones - will have evidence what it was and what it became.
I’d wait it out…

Anyway - at least this data does not make me rush to get a shot.
 Disclosure - my kids never got flu shot either - and knock on wood never had a flu.

Just let us decide on our own without closing us from normal activities and everything will happen as it should…
« Last Edit: September 03, 2021, 09:16:29 PM by alfirst »

CAHockeyParent

• Mite
  • LR Justice +2/-4
« Reply #246 on: September 06, 2021, 08:06:18 PM »
Looks like Anaheim and Valencia finished up. How'd all the teams do? Any big surprises?
GSE (1?) won AnaheimFlyers (14) won Valencia

OCHockeyDad07

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +1/-0
« Reply #247 on: September 06, 2021, 08:23:37 PM »
Kings 1 and Wave 1 played in St Louis.  Kings lost in the quarterfinals, Wave lost in semifinals.

https://www.nationalshowcasehockey.com/puck-drop/puck-drop-schedule

JagrBomb

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +5/-0
« Reply #248 on: September 07, 2021, 10:26:37 AM »
Looks like Anaheim and Valencia finished up. How'd all the teams do? Any big surprises?
GSE (1?) won Anaheim, Flyers (14) won Valencia

Just looking at the results and scoresheets of some of the games from both:

Anaheim - Sharks and Bears appear to have a had a good weekend both posting 3 wins and then tying each other.  I had heard Bears were up in this one by 4 goals after the 1st but seemingly collapsed in the 2nd and 3rd.  GSE 1 topped the Sharks in the championship 4-1, I don't see a shot tally but a ton of penalties for this one.  Anyone here happen to catch either of these games?  Interesting note about this tourney, but a buddy of mine pointed out that something like 15 of the 18 total games played here lined up with the matchups for the 2 CAHA preseason brackets.

Valencia - Flyers 1 and GSE 2 tied (I expect both of these teams to be at the top of AA this year).  Kings 2 hung tough though pulling out a win against GSE 2 (3-1) to advance to the championship.  According to the scoresheet, Flyers 1 took it to them though beating them by a score of 5-1 and outshooting them 29-13.

xilven

• Mite
  • LR Justice +0/-0
« Reply #249 on: September 09, 2021, 08:15:54 AM »
GSE (1?) won Anaheim, Flyers (14) won Valencia

Just looking at the results and scoresheets of some of the games from both:

Anaheim - Sharks and Bears appear to have a had a good weekend both posting 3 wins and then tying each other.  I had heard Bears were up in this one by 4 goals after the 1st but seemingly collapsed in the 2nd and 3rd.  GSE 1 topped the Sharks in the championship 4-1, I don't see a shot tally but a ton of penalties for this one.  Anyone here happen to catch either of these games?  Interesting note about this tourney, but a buddy of mine pointed out that something like 15 of the 18 total games played here lined up with the matchups for the 2 CAHA preseason brackets.

Valencia - Flyers 1 and GSE 2 tied (I expect both of these teams to be at the top of AA this year).  Kings 2 hung tough though pulling out a win against GSE 2 (3-1) to advance to the championship.  According to the scoresheet, Flyers 1 took it to them though beating them by a score of 5-1 and outshooting them 29-13.

I think GSE 2 is the one in Anaheim and GSE 1 was in Valencia.  I'm assuming GSE North would be 1 and GSE South would be 2.  Both GSEs looked to be pretty good though.  I saw GSE South/2 play and they looked the best of from the Anaheim tourney.

rmackintosh

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +10/-18
« Reply #250 on: September 09, 2021, 08:54:39 AM »
GSE 1 is South (Bay) and GSE 2 is North (Bay) FYI...

notTHATdad

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +46/-17
« Reply #251 on: September 09, 2021, 09:23:52 AM »
... something that has never made sense to anyone outside of the GSE organization... :-)

CAHockeyParent

• Mite
  • LR Justice +2/-4
« Reply #252 on: September 09, 2021, 10:20:25 AM »
... something that has never made sense to anyone outside of the GSE organization... :-)
Wonder if it's a CAHA rule that same clubs must be 1/2/3 rather than:
GSE S (for south)GSE S 2 (for GSE South 2 if required)
GSE N (for north)
Or maybe it's just fun to confuse people?

notTHATdad

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +46/-17
« Reply #253 on: September 09, 2021, 10:37:48 AM »
You mean GSE Larry and GSE Mario doesn't work? LOL

JagrBomb

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +5/-0
« Reply #254 on: September 09, 2021, 12:02:03 PM »
I can confirm that GSE 2 was in Valencia and GSE 1 was in Anaheim through the coaches that were at each tourney and a dad from the GSE team that was in Valencia.