This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: The CAHA AA Flight system sucks again (2019 Bantam AA Edition)  (Read 105400 times)

lcadad

• AHL
  • LR Justice +151/-121
Re: The CAHA AA Flight system sucks again (2019 Bantam AA Edition)
« Reply #315 on: December 07, 2021, 09:22:23 AM »
The ice conditions were horrendous. How they have games of importance at this rink is laughable; especially considering the fees we pay for CAHA.

The Mason Rink (I believe) had ice so thick that you could not even see a blue crease near the nets and not much of the dasher was visible above the ice. And the nets on that rink came off with any little push or contact with the goalies. I saw at least 3 goals disallowed in different games since the net was off. And with just 2 officials, they were not looking for that until after it was too late. And then to hear that the finals will be in Vacaville......ridiculous. They need a much better venue with preferably 3 officials per game. The ref shortage was very apparent this past weekend.

The Ref situation isn't going to get better anytime soon.  Refs have been quitting in droves, citing the antagonistic environment they feel they are being subjected to, although I also think the lack of adequate remuneration has a lot to do with it.  Not a lot of experienced refs want to spend their weekend making a few bucks (after travel and gas costs) so they can get verbally abused by parents.  They will need to pay refs a lot more to turn that around, and those costs are going to flow back to the teams.  With that said I have no idea if SCAHA/CAHA are even looking at the issue, other than knowing that it exists.

vrspartak

• Mite
  • LR Justice +0/-0
« Reply #316 on: December 22, 2021, 01:51:28 PM »
Just curious, now that the caha season is on, how do playoffs work? Top 4? 6? Round robin? Thx

dmbfan32

• Mite
  • LR Justice +0/-0
« Reply #317 on: December 28, 2021, 12:51:02 PM »
Just curious, now that the caha season is on, how do playoffs work? Top 4? 6? Round robin? Thx

I believe the remaining 12 teams all play each other once over the 3 CAHA weekends. Then the top 4 advance to the semi's and then finals. Not sure what the tie breaker rules are.

Midgeteh

• Mite
  • LR Justice +0/-1
« Reply #318 on: January 03, 2022, 09:13:40 PM »
I am hearing a few teams lost last players last minute to AAA?  Any validity to this?

trans4761

• NHL
  • LR Justice +286/-342
« Reply #319 on: January 04, 2022, 05:15:22 PM »
I am hearing a few teams lost last players last minute to AAA?  Any validity to this?
yes

Midgeteh

• Mite
  • LR Justice +0/-1
« Reply #320 on: February 15, 2022, 11:17:48 PM »
Regular season over four teams remain.

Who will advance to Nationals, Kings, Wave, GSE, or Flyers?

Triple Crown

• Mite
  • LR Justice +0/-0
« Reply #321 on: February 16, 2022, 10:31:09 AM »
GSE and Kings seem to trending at the right time, though Wave and Flyers didn't really need to win over the weekend.  Should be a pick 'em!
« Last Edit: February 16, 2022, 10:33:08 AM by Triple Crown »

JagrBomb

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +5/-0
« Reply #322 on: February 16, 2022, 10:34:13 AM »
Regular season over four teams remain.

Who will advance to Nationals, Kings, Wave, GSE, or Flyers?

I think all of the 4 are capable obviously with the records/ points they all posted compared to the rest of the field but I guess I would have to look to Kings1 or Wave1 right now.  I'll say Kings1 just based on the momentum they seem to be riding.  All 4 teams can clearly score (Flyers are the top dogs here with 61 GF this season, 19 more goals than any of the other 3 teams) but I think it will come down to keeping pucks out of the net.

Looking at CAHA regular season stats and based on what I have seen:
Kings1 - on a 6 game regular season win streak going into the playoffs and they came storming back to take 1st place in regular season play.  They may have the best goaltending of the 4 teams.
2-1-0 against these 3 teams this season.

Wave1 - very good team but have faltered to some lower contending teams this season in losing to Kings2, tying GSE2 and just beating the Saints by 1 goal. 
2-1-0 against these 3 teams this season.

Flyers - no question they can score goals, but even with almost 20 more goals than any other team this season, I think the team defense/ backstops will be the question mark.
1-1-1 against these 3 teams this season.

GSE1 - fast, physical team but also beatable IMO. 
1-2-0 against these 3 teams this season.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2022, 10:43:17 AM by JagrBomb »

Triple Crown

• Mite
  • LR Justice +0/-0
« Reply #323 on: March 07, 2022, 11:18:11 AM »
Looks like the Flyers put it together at the very end.  Seemed like the Kings were going to take it all but perhaps the Flyers benefited by winning some close games and had momentum into the final.  Would assume Kings came out flat and gave up a quick goal or two and just couldn't come back? 

Hackey11

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +2/-3
« Reply #324 on: May 05, 2022, 07:44:20 PM »
Anyone know of any good Bantam AA clinics or scrimmages going on?

Dman2

• Mite
  • LR Justice +0/-4
« Reply #325 on: May 06, 2022, 12:32:22 PM »
My son did several camps over the years through https://proambitions.com/[font=var(--typeHeaderPrimary)][size=var(--typeHeaderSize)][/size][/font]