This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: CAHA's biased leadership and AAA sham  (Read 18952 times)

JackBender

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +49/-20
    • Tom's Chuckle Barn
CAHA's biased leadership and AAA sham
« on: February 05, 2019, 09:54:11 AM »
REPOSTED from Bantam thread...

CAHA is the most miserable, self-serving sham of youth hockey in America. Want proof?  Well, let's look at this AAA charade.  CAHA has one AAA team in NorCal, the pathetic and lowly San Jose Jr Sharks. To get a AAA team, CAHA bylaws set out two prerequisites:

8.1 CAHA MISSION STATEMENT FOR TIER 1: A high level program whereby a Member Association may recruit and solicit on a state wide basis for registered players to compete at the highest level of amateur hockey within a specific age division on a National Level.

b. Member Associations fielding Tier I teams shall maintain a minimum of two (2) teams at the Tier II level in the current and previous season.
c. With Youth Council's recommendation, the CAHA board has the authority to prohibit a club from fielding Tier I teams whose prior season's collective performances was non-competitive.

Now, let's look at the Jr Sharks AAA program... they have AAA at 07, 06, 05, & 04.  That's four different birth years.  Peewee and Bantam.  Four teams in total.  And of those four teams... they have ONE WIN in CAHA.  That's pathetic, and the Jr Sharks and CAHA should be ashamed of themselves. Overall, the four teams have a combined record of 1-23. Their combined stats are 28 GA/157 GA with -131 goal differential. 

If the Jr Sharks AAA program were a horse, they'd have been put down years ago.  And the carcass would have been burned and buried to contain the stench. Yet, year after year, the buffoon organization that is CAHA gives the Jr Sharks rubber stamp after rubber stamp, paralyzing Tier hockey in NorCal.  However, I really don't blame the Jr Sharks' utter incompetence... I blame CAHA's misguided policies and outright corruption.     

However... let's look at AA.  Surely it must get better?  Surely the Jr Sharks are crushing it at Tier II?  Uh, no... not even close.  At Peewee, the Jr Sharks have one team in Flight II.  They are 6-6-2.  At Bantam, they have one team, also in Flight II. They are 5-10-1. They're both at the bottom of Flight II, which defines them as non-competitive.

So, oddly... not one team within the Jr Sharks Tier program is competitive, and the Jr Sharks DO NOT fit the criteria of maintaining the two (2) teams at BOTH the Peewee or Bantam level to warrant a AAA team.  Make no doubt, these bylaws were created by CAHA to destroy the Wave AAA teams of years past, and it is appalling that year after year CAHA is allowed to wield its ultimate power over all of California unchecked.

Surely CAHA President and #1 Boob, Tom Hancock, will address these annual bylaw oversights? Surely that human pus bucket will put down his 8th hot dog of the day, wipe away the yellow mustard from his JC Penney polo and do what's right for the youth of California? 

Nope.  Definitely not.  The #1 Boob will just keep getting fatter and the kids of California will just keep leaving the state in droves.  It's a shame.  A real shame.  And it's all on CAHA, their idiot President and the Board of Dunderheads that call themselves Directors.

I'm your Huckleberry

lcadad

• AHL
  • LR Justice +151/-121
Re: CAHA's biased leadership and AAA sham
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2019, 01:05:31 PM »
AAA franchise rules need to be removed.  CAHA needs to stop worrying about the "reputation" of California hockey and how they need to protect it, like it's an actual thing that anyone outside California cares about.  News flash --- they don't.    Where are all the AAA California tournaments that teams from Boston, NJ, PA, NY, Chicago are flocking to in order to challenge California AAA?

The problems with AAA then filter down to AA and A and right down the line. 

trans4761

• NHL
  • LR Justice +286/-342
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2019, 03:40:06 PM »
MORE caha (LC TH KC) bs.
So the Wave PW AA team ends up finishing the season in the 8th position.   Has a play in game vs 1st place flight 2 team.  The only thing is, the team has committed to a tournament in Vernon BC on the same weekend.  This tournament was arranged months ago.  Families have booked snd paid for trip months ago.  You would think, no problem  change dates.  The "stooges" decline request.  Team decides to forfeit.
Stooges come down and say, if you forfeit,  head coach is suspended for one year AND Wave will not be allowed ANY TIER Teams next year. I wish someone would have the time/money to put these Stooges in their place.

If this was the ducks or kings, I would bet the farm that accommodations would be made.

lcadad

• AHL
  • LR Justice +151/-121
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2019, 05:13:45 PM »
Was the play in game date published in advance?  I know last year it wasn't.  Your team, as the 8th place team is the hosting team.  So long as the game can occur prior to the playoffs an accommodation should be possible.  You face the Jr. Ducks 2, correct?  You guys simply need games and refs at any rink in the area.  Your club mgr just needs to step up and find a solution that doesn't involve you forfeiting the game. 

socalhockeydad

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +31/-57
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2019, 06:02:07 PM »
MORE caha (LC TH KC) bs.
So the Wave PW AA team ends up finishing the season in the 8th position.   Has a play in game vs 1st place flight 2 team.  The only thing is, the team has committed to a tournament in Vernon BC on the same weekend.  This tournament was arranged months ago.  Families have booked snd paid for trip months ago.  You would think, no problem  change dates.  The "stooges" decline request.  Team decides to forfeit.
Stooges come down and say, if you forfeit,  head coach is suspended for one year AND Wave will not be allowed ANY TIER Teams next year. I wish someone would have the time/money to put these Stooges in their place.

If this was the ducks or kings, I would bet the farm that accommodations would be made.

Hope that BS gets worked out and you can get to Vernon...Also, the punishment does NOT fit the crime (not that there was one). This isnt Wave forfeiting because of some BS reason, its to goto one of the oldest PW tournaments in North America. If CAHA really cared about California Hockey they would see the value of going to that tournament more than being petty.

Rats13

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +16/-2
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2019, 06:35:21 PM »
MORE caha (LC TH KC) bs.

It is nice that CAHA gives the #1 Flight 2 team an opportunity to decline but not the same option to #8 Flight 1 team:

"13) In the event a Flight 2 #1 seed declines the opportunity for the play‐in game, the Flight 1 #8 seed will advance to playdowns."

Seems unfair to hold the team coach and club hostage for a previously unscheduled game with less than a week's notice.

TheFourthA

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +13/-5
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2019, 06:58:55 PM »
But it wasn’t a previously unscheduled game. It’s been on the CAHA calendar since June.  Just give their spot to the Blackhawks, who beat them last weekend to create the conflict.

Rats13

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +16/-2
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2019, 07:06:18 PM »
But it wasn’t a previously unscheduled game. It’s been on the CAHA calendar since June.  Just give their spot to the Blackhawks, who beat them last weekend to create the conflict.
Fair enough.  Not sure I ever looked at that calendar page.  Still, afford them the opportunity to decline that they are offering the other team.  And the threats mentioned above are WAY over the top and out of line IMO.

Stanley

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +13/-10
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2019, 11:41:58 PM »
MORE caha (LC TH KC) bs.

Outrageous! 

• Midget
  • LR Justice +36/-53
  • So how about it boys? Look like hockey to you?
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2019, 05:58:42 AM »
The Wave were en route to Canada yesterday, so this seems to have been resolved in some fashion even before the original post about the situation here.  Anyone care to tell us what that resolution was?

« Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 06:11:03 AM by 6607 »

trans4761

• NHL
  • LR Justice +286/-342
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2019, 08:11:07 AM »
The Wave were en route to Canada yesterday, so this seems to have been resolved in some fashion even before the original post about the situation here.  Anyone care to tell us what that resolution was?

Last I heard.....
Some of the team is going to try to cone back early. To appease the morons.  Now there are a limited amount of flight out of the area.  It's fucked up !  We all know the cost of changing and getting a last minute flight.
What happens if flight is delayed or cancelled ?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 08:13:34 AM by trans4761 »

trans4761

• NHL
  • LR Justice +286/-342
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2019, 08:16:32 AM »
Good luck to the Wave and Junior Kings that will also be making the trip.  Competition is very high end.   It's also the best tournament, hands down that our boys and families ever did.  GREAT TIMES !!

socal03

• Mite
  • LR Justice +4/-1
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2019, 10:17:02 PM »

2019 CAHA State Champions
Feb 10, 2019  8:43 PM
CONGRATULATIONS to the following 2019 CAHA State Champions:
Tier I:
18U - Anaheim Jr. Ducks
16U - Los Angeles Jr. Kings
15O - San Jose Jr. Sharks       :o
14U - Anaheim Jr. Ducks

JackBender

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +49/-20
    • Tom's Chuckle Barn
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2019, 11:00:54 PM »
Oh my god, you’re so right. All is well.

And what’s with all this talk about global warming?!  It’s freaking cold outside!! 🥶🥶🥶

Moron. 🥴
I'm your Huckleberry

2 Cups in LA

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +8/-31
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2019, 09:46:15 AM »
Jack, its now referred to as  climate change.   We have enough politics in SCHAHA & CAHA.  No need add to it...   Enjoy the cold weather! Spring is just around the corner.