This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: CAHA's biased leadership and AAA sham PART II  (Read 65071 times)

Knuckle Puck

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +56/-11
Re: CAHA's biased leadership and AAA sham PART II
« Reply #90 on: February 25, 2019, 02:06:45 PM »
1. usa hockey suggests roughly 15% of players in a region should be aaa
2. california youth hockey participation has recently increased approx 33%; shouldn't aaa numbers correspondingly increase, not decrease?
3. more teams means more high-level development opportunities for more kids
4. more teams means less need to travel to find competitive games = lower cost
5. more teams means fewer kids need to leave home to get #3&4 above
6. if a team clearly does not belong in aaa, caha already has power to drop them (see aa). why caha decided to impose far more restrictive rules, rather than just enforce the rule they already had to drop the weak wildcats squads a few years ago, i'll never know
7. there is sufficient talent to populate more aaa teams and maintain quality.  enough aaa talent has have left the state to field *at least* one 18aaa, two more squads at 16aaa, 15aaa and almost enough for one at 14aaa, without even having having to dip into the top aa talent. but let's look at that top aa talent for a second: saints 05aa went 10-4-1 against aaa competition this year, and could move up.  there also obviously is enough talent for another 06aaa in socal, as caha blessed ice dogs 06 for next season, and maybe two. i keep reading about the great depth of talent in the 06 birth year, including at aa; if those kids don't get chance to move up, won't many just move out?
cheers

ps i don't understand the hating on the sharks. all four of their 2002-2005 teams are respectable nationally, and their 05 would be better if  two of their kids hadn't jumped to the jk. look at the overall records.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2019, 02:14:49 PM by Knuckle Puck »

rmackintosh

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +10/-18
« Reply #91 on: February 25, 2019, 02:12:04 PM »
Happily.  If a club wants to try and field a AAA team... they can.  No more political red tape.  Glad we finally solved that.

Well, there is nothing preventing you from choosing incorrectly...we shall agree to disagree then.

Sadly, there is much to discuss in your points, we agree more than you think. Its just your Black or White, it's My Way or your wrong approach that is going to prevent you from getting anywhere....and unfortunately, we will ALL get to enjoy these VERY SAME posts next year and the year after until such time that your kid ages out....not really looking forward to it I must say...

PutYourFootOnTheGas

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +6/-18
« Reply #92 on: February 25, 2019, 02:20:22 PM »
1. usa hockey suggests roughly 15% of players in a region should be aaa
2. california youth hockey participation has recently increased approx 33%; shouldn't aaa numbers correspondingly increase, not decrease?
3. more teams means more high-level development opportunities for more kids
4. more teams means less need to travel to find competitive games = lower cost
5. more teams means fewer kids need to leave home to get #3&4 above
6. if a team clearly does not belong in aaa, caha already has power to drop them (see aa). why caha decided to impose far more restrictive rules, rather than just enforce the rule they already had to drop the weak wildcats squads a few years ago, i'll never know
7. there is sufficient talent to populate more aaa teams and maintain quality.  enough aaa talent has have left the state to field *at least* one 18aaa, two more squads at 16aaa, 15aaa and almost enough for one at 14aaa, without even having having to dip into the top aa talent. but let's look at that top aa talent for a second: saints 05aa went 10-4-1 against aaa competition this year, and could move up.  there also obviously is enough talent for another 06aaa in socal, as caha blessed ice dogs 06 for next season, and maybe two. i keep reading about the great depth of talent in the 06 birth year, including at aa; if those kids don't get chance to move up, won't many just move out?
cheers

ps i don't understand the hating on the sharks. all four of their 2002-2005 teams are respectable nationally, and their 05 would be better if  two of their kids hadn't jumped to the jk. look at the overall records.

Where did you find the note that USA Hockey suggest 15% of players in a region should be playing AAA?

Knuckle Puck

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +56/-11
« Reply #93 on: February 25, 2019, 02:27:48 PM »
page 138: https://cdn4.sportngin.com/attachments/document/0039/8240/Annual_Guide_1819_web.pdf?_ga=2.266267151.1022208558.1551133505-2128194330.1546984257  iirc, the language in prior year guidebooks was a little different, suggesting 15% as a rough aspirational target rather than as a limit, but i cant find the older guidebooks. anyway, caha is at around 5% now.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2019, 02:34:13 PM by Knuckle Puck »

PutYourFootOnTheGas

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +6/-18
« Reply #94 on: February 25, 2019, 02:55:51 PM »
page 138: https://cdn4.sportngin.com/attachments/document/0039/8240/Annual_Guide_1819_web.pdf?_ga=2.266267151.1022208558.1551133505-2128194330.1546984257  iirc, the language in prior year guidebooks was a little different, suggesting 15% as a rough aspirational target rather than as a limit, but i cant find the older guidebooks. anyway, caha is at around 5% now.

Interesting stuff. Indeed the language now clearly states the 15% is a not to exceed amount. Interesting that they also only recognize Tier I at 14, 15, 16 and 18. I guess they don't care about the Superman pajama wearing 11, 12 and 13 year olds as I joked about in a previous post.

Anyway, thanks for passing along this info.

JackBender

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +49/-20
    • Tom's Chuckle Barn
« Reply #95 on: February 25, 2019, 03:25:15 PM »
Mac... if being incorrect means being on the side of freedom and opportunity, I will always be incorrect in your opinion. Enjoy yourself with bias and suppression.

As for there never being change at the AAA level... don’t be so sure. No winter lasts forever.
I'm your Huckleberry

rmackintosh

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +10/-18
« Reply #96 on: February 25, 2019, 03:53:04 PM »
Mac... if being incorrect means being on the side of freedom and opportunity, I will always be incorrect in your opinion. Enjoy yourself with bias and suppression.

As for there never being change at the AAA level... don’t be so sure. No winter lasts forever.

You REALLY are good at slanting stuff to make yourself feel good about your opinion and convincing yourself there really is no other opinion or idea worth discussing aren't you? Enjoy it....I hope my kid ages out before your in house kids are handed their "participation awards" and allowed the "opportunity" to play wherever they feel they want to...

JackBender

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +49/-20
    • Tom's Chuckle Barn
« Reply #97 on: February 25, 2019, 04:23:25 PM »
You have opinion, I have facts.  This entire post began with facts being listed.  Numbers.  Names.  Dates.  Data.  My only opinion is that CAHA should be fair and consistent with every club. 

That’s not asking for a lot.
I'm your Huckleberry

rmackintosh

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +10/-18
« Reply #98 on: February 25, 2019, 04:50:16 PM »
You have opinion, I have facts.  This entire post began with facts being listed.  Numbers.  Names.  Dates.  Data.  My only opinion is that CAHA should be fair and consistent with every club. 

:o ....OK....you go on with your bad self! Make sure to take time to enjoy the hockey in all this...it will be over before this discussion is....I can assure you!

Peace!

Landshark

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +77/-47
« Reply #99 on: February 25, 2019, 04:54:56 PM »
Low shot at a persons kids. You kind of show your cards there.

I care about and respect my kids journey. 

I don’t care or respect others journey. 

My feelings on the subject are so secure and strong that I don’t need to convince or present a thoughtful response to my critics.

Do you see why this might make people discount your advice on the subject. You’ve shown that others best interest is not your concern.

« Last Edit: February 25, 2019, 05:00:04 PM by Landshark »

JackBender

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +49/-20
    • Tom's Chuckle Barn
« Reply #100 on: February 25, 2019, 05:28:34 PM »

:o ....OK....you go on with your bad self! Make sure to take time to enjoy the hockey in all this...it will be over before this discussion is....I can assure you!

Peace!

Thanks for the opinion.
I'm your Huckleberry

rmackintosh

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +10/-18
« Reply #101 on: February 25, 2019, 05:47:02 PM »
Low shot at a persons kids. You kind of show your cards there.

I care about and respect my kids journey. 

I don’t care or respect others journey. 

My feelings on the subject are so secure and strong that I don’t need to convince or present a thoughtful response to my critics.

Do you see why this might make people discount your advice on the subject. You’ve shown that others best interest is not your concern.

You apparently have the wrong idea about what I said. I told the man to not lose sight of the forest for the trees and get all wrapped up in this to the point he DOESN'T enjoy his kids last few years. Not sure how that is a low shot. You guys all have screennames so I have no idea who you are, what club you belong to, what team your kids are on or who they might be. It is a common refrain on this board that the ride is over before you know it...my own kids ride will be over before I know it...he is heading into Midget after all. This is a common saying among all hockey parents...no insult intended.

Also my last word was "Peace!" Meaning lets agree to disagree and have some...
« Last Edit: February 25, 2019, 05:48:02 PM by rmackintosh »

Landshark

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +77/-47
« Reply #102 on: February 25, 2019, 06:15:09 PM »
I read somewhere that his kids were playing in in house for
participation trophies. Does that sound familiar? 

I must have dreamt it.

Love and Joy.

rmackintosh

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +10/-18
« Reply #103 on: February 25, 2019, 06:29:11 PM »
I read somewhere that his kids were playing in in house for
participation trophies. Does that sound familiar? 

I must have dreamt it.

Love and Joy.

I said "in your system" it would lead to things like....

You really need to read a little closer before you accuse....

Read headlines and form opinions much???  Again...I have NO IDEA who he is...his kid could be the best hockey player in the state for all I know
« Last Edit: February 25, 2019, 06:32:28 PM by rmackintosh »

Landshark

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +77/-47
« Reply #104 on: February 25, 2019, 07:00:13 PM »
“You REALLY are good at slanting stuff to make yourself feel good about your opinion and convincing yourself there really is no other opinion or idea worth discussing aren't you? Enjoy it....I hope my kid ages out before your in house kids are handed their "participation awards" and allowed the "opportunity" to play wherever they feel they want to”

Those are your words. The system might be thought to be implied, but it is not mentioned in the post. I’ll be kind. Clarity is something you can work on as is coherence. I can see you are not good at adapting to new information or the point of views of others. Perhaps it is something you should master before joining in a discussion of peers.

Bliss and twinkies.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2019, 07:04:10 PM by Landshark »