This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: What Bantam AA Teams for 2019-2020?  (Read 167709 times)

Fowlmood

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +9/-34
Re: What Bantam AA Teams for 2019-2020?
« Reply #90 on: September 12, 2019, 09:45:00 AM »
It would seem that Bender has a point there.

puckslapper

• Mite
  • LR Justice +5/-5
« Reply #91 on: September 12, 2019, 09:53:59 AM »
Landshark, I assume your opinion would differ if your Flyers had been placed in Flight 2, arguably where they belong after their Jamboree performance.

b77

• Mite
  • LR Justice +5/-1
« Reply #92 on: September 12, 2019, 10:57:42 AM »
Congrats on the defeat of the great Machine JackBender!

Better stock up on vaseline and redbull now. I see a "FUN" schedule and some 9pm/7am games coming your way!

JackBender

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +49/-20
    • Tom's Chuckle Barn
« Reply #93 on: September 12, 2019, 12:20:11 PM »
Kudos to CAHA. It was the right thing to do.
I'm your Huckleberry

ABCDE

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +25/-8
« Reply #94 on: September 12, 2019, 12:48:41 PM »
Bender, I'm not sure I'd put that win up as the crown jewel of my argument.  Looking at the stats on that game (thanks again Hockeykid), Ice Dogs outshot you 21-5.  No denying you got the win, but the Ice Dogs may have played a bad game, or your goalie stood on his head, or Ice Dogs didn't play the run clock, or any combination of that or any other thing.  I can only judge by the score sheet, but they outshot you by a lot.  That said though, I agree Wave got hosed.  Wave has every right to claim they should be flight 1 when you have Bears(2) and Flyers in it.  Insult to injury, they only put 9 teams in flight 1.  Caha got it wrong, just as they did last year.  The top 4 teams in flight 2 (Kings(1), Saints, Ducks(1), Flyers) could have easily exchanged with the bottom 4 of flight 1 and had a chance to play for more than 8th seed.  Playing for 8th seed only to get blown out by the top teams is a bad system.  Add to that they didn't even have a playoffs for flight 2 last year, and the plight of flight 2 only gets worse.

Caha did the right thing in Peewee and forced 6 teams down to A and didn't flight it.  Nor did they flight Midgets.  It sounded like they were finally getting it right.  They could have dropped the bottom 3-4 teams and not flight Bantam, but that would have included 2 NHL franchises, and that's never going to happen.  It took a lot to get the Jr Sharks to drop to A last year.  Maybe that included some back room deals saying it wouldn't happen this year, I don't know.  They will have a rough season, and it will suck for all So Cal teams going up to NorCal to blow them out.  I don't know NorCal coaches and organizations, but how can a franchise that made it to round 3 of SCF not attract better coaching?  They should have coaches and kids fighting to get in.  When you can't manage to put together strong AA teams for years, it's time to take a hard look at their program and restructure. 

Landshark

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +77/-47
« Reply #95 on: September 12, 2019, 04:44:12 PM »
He does.

Landshark

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +77/-47
« Reply #96 on: September 12, 2019, 04:46:27 PM »
I assume you are a person of great consequence, so how can I argue?

Hockeylife

• Mite
  • LR Justice +2/-3
« Reply #97 on: September 12, 2019, 09:45:27 PM »
First the wave should be their 1. Second you have couches rating games. The same couch’s that draft teams and call them aa tear1. When they should be bb. How can you have a couch evaluate talent, When they can’t even draft a team for themselves that’s aa level.   I Think it time to clean house and vote all Caha and scaha members out.  If not maybe the irs should be called in to look into the money they receive from clubs that they don’t report as income.  That will get them out of office and maybe in jail. That’s what they deserve for hurting kids. They hurt the wave kids. 2 wins one lose one tie and made tier 2. Lol. And you say shot on goal are goals scored. Last nhl game I watch the score was 2-1 so are you telling me that they need to score more. Y’all are idiots if you rate a team that wins poorly because the score wasn’t 10-9.  Next going to Northern California to play hockey is a joke.  Divide California into two leagues. The top two from norther and southern Cali can play for a state tittle. Next the super teams in youth hockey are stupid.  If you want to fix that make people play at there home rinks.  Let say the rink must be within 30 miles of there home.  Do like back east you can only play for two clubs if you burn bridges than your out of hockey.  The kings have a good ex player  number 19 I vote for him to be the head of youth hockey in southern Cali. At least he has the kids best interest. He wants them to play for the love of the game. Not for the dream of nhl.  So irs please look into all board members I bet they don’t report any money paid to them. Again they are idiots who only do good things for the teams that pay them.  Ps wave tied oc had 3 players out. Broken wrist, broken toe,and a hip problem. And they still did not lose. I’m going to take my kid to the wave next year. They seam to get it done. To bad the league hates them.

Teemu8

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +32/-18
« Reply #98 on: September 12, 2019, 10:10:47 PM »
That guy is cut off

keepdrinkinthekoolaid

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +16/-3
« Reply #99 on: September 13, 2019, 09:40:56 AM »
First the wave should be their 1. Second you have couches rating games. The same couch’s that draft teams and call them aa tear1. When they should be bb. How can you have a couch evaluate talent, When they can’t even draft a team for themselves that’s aa level.   I Think it time to clean house and vote all Caha and scaha members out.  If not maybe the irs should be called in to look into the money they receive from clubs that they don’t report as income.  That will get them out of office and maybe in jail. That’s what they deserve for hurting kids. They hurt the wave kids. 2 wins one lose one tie and made tier 2. Lol. And you say shot on goal are goals scored. Last nhl game I watch the score was 2-1 so are you telling me that they need to score more. Y’all are idiots if you rate a team that wins poorly because the score wasn’t 10-9.  Next going to Northern California to play hockey is a joke.  Divide California into two leagues. The top two from norther and southern Cali can play for a state tittle. Next the super teams in youth hockey are stupid.  If you want to fix that make people play at there home rinks.  Let say the rink must be within 30 miles of there home.  Do like back east you can only play for two clubs if you burn bridges than your out of hockey.  The kings have a good ex player  number 19 I vote for him to be the head of youth hockey in southern Cali. At least he has the kids best interest. He wants them to play for the love of the game. Not for the dream of nhl.  So irs please look into all board members I bet they don’t report any money paid to them. Again they are idiots who only do good things for the teams that pay them.  Ps wave tied oc had 3 players out. Broken wrist, broken toe,and a hip problem. And they still did not lose. I’m going to take my kid to the wave next year. They seam to get it done. To bad the league hates them.
Don't know about you, but I personally find Hockeylife's first post:
A) The refreshingly bold and honest Official CAHA Response
OR
B) It's nice to hear from the President of The CA Wave Hockey Club
OR
C) A certain good ex-player, #19, has finally joined Calhockey
« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 09:41:34 AM by keepdrinkinthekoolaid »

trans4761

• NHL
  • LR Justice +286/-342
« Reply #100 on: September 13, 2019, 10:07:28 AM »

Bad spelling, bad grammar , brought a tear to my eye.  Is this the reincarnation of Zam ?

Has the Russian gag order been withdrawn ?

Fowlmood

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +9/-34
« Reply #101 on: September 13, 2019, 11:00:18 AM »
I don't know.  But that was fun to read.

Rainman

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +10/-4
« Reply #102 on: September 13, 2019, 06:35:11 PM »
Wave moved to flight 1. 

lcadad

• AHL
  • LR Justice +151/-121
« Reply #103 on: September 13, 2019, 09:41:33 PM »
Wave moved to flight 1.

Probably the funniest thing about Hockeylife's post.

TheFourthA

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +13/-5
« Reply #104 on: September 14, 2019, 07:56:54 AM »
Something has gotten lost in the debate over flighting, which is this: what should the standard be for AA?  I don’t know anywhere that CAHA has expressly set that out, although I suppose you can infer from the Mission Statement that an AA team is supposed to be competitive for the championship.  But what has happened is that each year we seem to debate which bubble team that did not get in got screwed because it was similar to a bubble team that did get in.  Icadad even argued that the standard should be whether a team is competitive with the low and middle teams.  That strikes me as too low and as a slippery slope:  with every team added that standard drops and the division gets weaker. Just a couple weeks ago, the thread was up in arms over Top AA talent leaving California.  Well, who do you think you were talking about?  When you look for the next wave of top AA kids who are poised to leave, look no further than Bears 1 and the Saints.  Maybe instead of factoring them out of the analysis for flighting, we should have thought about doing everything we could do get them to stay.  I am pretty sure that the answer wasn’t adding more games against bubble teams.