This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: What Bantam AA Teams for 2019-2020?  (Read 171022 times)

Fowlmood

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +9/-34
Re: What Bantam AA Teams for 2019-2020?
« Reply #165 on: September 25, 2019, 02:25:37 PM »
OOH!   :o THAT'S GOTTA HURT!

trans4761

• NHL
  • LR Justice +286/-342
« Reply #166 on: September 25, 2019, 03:51:53 PM »
CAHA has outdone themselves....they have taken their level of ignorance, stupidity, and incompetence to new record highs while putting kids at risk of injury at the same time!!

CAHA IS SCHEDULING Bantam AA games on KHS RINK B!!!   

Can't make it up!!

Rink C is the small rink at KHS, Rink B is NHL sized or very close to it. Probably bigger than the old Boston Garden (and colder too)
Sucks getting old, doesn' t it B.O.  !!!!

Rats13

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +16/-2
« Reply #167 on: September 26, 2019, 08:03:29 AM »
Looks like SCAHA schedule isn't "flighted" THIS year...... ::)

Hockey05

• Midget
  • LR Justice +59/-33
« Reply #168 on: September 27, 2019, 08:39:35 AM »
I believe one of the easiest ways for SCAHA/CAHA to improve things is it to provide as many opportunities as possible for competition.  Serious players and parents want games.  Why the AAA minor teams weren't invited to play this season and the idea was disregarded by clubs makes no sense.  Then to my surprise they opt not to flight SCAHA.  There are 20 teams and we come away playing just 8-9 games. Huh?

WTF

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +11/-12
« Reply #169 on: September 27, 2019, 10:56:47 AM »
I believe one of the easiest ways for SCAHA/CAHA to improve things is it to provide as many opportunities as possible for competition.  Serious players and parents want games.  Why the AAA minor teams weren't invited to play this season and the idea was disregarded by clubs makes no sense.  Then to my surprise they opt not to flight SCAHA.  There are 20 teams and we come away playing just 8-9 games. Huh?

How many games are you wanting your young super serious athlete to play in a year?  between 4-5 tournaments (16-24 games), 8 scaha, 12-18 caha games, playdowns (2-4 games) (assuming because it's a serious player and parent), caha playoffs (2-4 games) you are looking at 40-50 games?  do you not want your kid to rest and recover?  this is the appropriate an optimal amount of games in the season for this age group. 

be happy scaha gave you 8 games to fill in the weeks in between caha weekends, holliday tournaments, select camps, and playoffs. 

Hockey05

• Midget
  • LR Justice +59/-33
« Reply #170 on: September 27, 2019, 11:49:37 AM »

FYI, all of the games were included with the AAA minor teams 3 years ago.

The kids lost out on the tournament over Labor Day.  If you are including those games, you should not.  That event wasn't for the players, it was for administrators. 
I've heard SCAHA isn't allowing tournaments over the holidays.  Are you telling me that your son isn't skating at all over the break? The CAHA weekend is 1/3. 

Perhaps a coach doesn't run the bench evenly in the CAHA games and those SCAHA games offer learning opportunities in less stressful or unimportant game situations. 

I believe in the USA Hockey practice to game ratio.  I'm also for other sports and down time.  That certainly isn't happening the way it is set up in California.  WTF, what's your idea to improve this situation?  Do you think status quo is ok?  Or are you saying bye bye to your little johnny hockey and moving him out of state like so many others are considering?   
« Last Edit: September 27, 2019, 11:51:48 AM by Hockey05 »

fistocuffs

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +40/-61
« Reply #171 on: September 27, 2019, 01:55:18 PM »

Looks like they all play 12  In years past - there was no preseason for AA - so they just scheduled it out with the 12 games and did not break it up. It only existing so games could be had while they sort out Flight I and Flight 2.

#4BobbyOrr

• Midget
  • LR Justice +98/-106
« Reply #172 on: September 27, 2019, 10:31:41 PM »
CAHA has outdone themselves....they have taken their level of ignorance, stupidity, and incompetence to new record highs while putting kids at risk of injury at the same time!!

CAHA IS SCHEDULING Bantam AA games on KHS RINK B!!!   

Can't make it up!!

Rink C is the small rink at KHS, Rink B is NHL sized or very close to it. Probably bigger than the old Boston Garden (and colder too)

No. No it’s not. There are only two sheets at KHS, you are probably thinking of Lakewood. Figure it out.

Yup you're right I was thinking of Lakewood have fun on rink b suckers. Have fun on the balcony asking the people on ground level how much time is left.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2019, 10:33:37 PM by #4BobbyOrr »

notTHATdad

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +46/-17
« Reply #173 on: September 28, 2019, 08:43:23 AM »
If I am not mistaken, the Gulls and GSE were both approved to have AAA 05 over the past few years.  Neither felt they ended up with enough talent to field a team.
I cannot speak to the GSE decision but my son participated in the Gulls '05 AAA clinics.

The GSE 04 AAA attempt had multiple 05's on the proposed roster. That was the only way they could collect enough players that were arguably at the AAA level.  It would have been a very poor team, they were given approval, and they themselves pulled out of it.

I don't know about a GSE North team being a "very poor team" that year...they are strong year in and year out...they finished a strong 4th in AA Flight 1 despite losing a kid or two to AAA and NOT combining the stronger AAA 05 kids who would have improved the team. That said, it would have likely finished in 4th place in AAA in CAHA...but been in some games. If you think there should be MORE AAA teams in CAHA that team would have surely fit in with your philosophy of more opportunity...

As far as why the team was not formed....lack of interest was more the reason. Most parents on that team were not interested in the greater travel and commitment of AAA. That killed any momentum of forming a team...

Fair comment. It's unclear how bad they would have been because it never happened. But beyond the team falling apart, they never had a full 04 roster, and of the 05's, there was only one or two for whom you could have made a solid argument that they could have been on an 04 team under any other circumstance. And given that the AAA clubs typically insist that a player playing 'up' needs to be in the top 5 or so of the team they are playing up on... even that's not at all a slam dunk.

My point is that for all the AA parents arguing there should be more AAA teams, the proof is simply not there that the talent is there that you could field another competitive team in CA. Certainly not in Norcal. And we have more AAA teams for the number of AA teams there are (on average) than most states. I wish it were not so - competition is good for everyone, including teams.

rmackintosh

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +10/-18
« Reply #174 on: September 28, 2019, 11:47:53 AM »
If I am not mistaken, the Gulls and GSE were both approved to have AAA 05 over the past few years.  Neither felt they ended up with enough talent to field a team.
I cannot speak to the GSE decision but my son participated in the Gulls '05 AAA clinics.

The GSE 04 AAA attempt had multiple 05's on the proposed roster. That was the only way they could collect enough players that were arguably at the AAA level.  It would have been a very poor team, they were given approval, and they themselves pulled out of it.

I don't know about a GSE North team being a "very poor team" that year...they are strong year in and year out...they finished a strong 4th in AA Flight 1 despite losing a kid or two to AAA and NOT combining the stronger AAA 05 kids who would have improved the team. That said, it would have likely finished in 4th place in AAA in CAHA...but been in some games. If you think there should be MORE AAA teams in CAHA that team would have surely fit in with your philosophy of more opportunity...

As far as why the team was not formed....lack of interest was more the reason. Most parents on that team were not interested in the greater travel and commitment of AAA. That killed any momentum of forming a team...

Fair comment. It's unclear how bad they would have been because it never happened. But beyond the team falling apart, they never had a full 04 roster, and of the 05's, there was only one or two for whom you could have made a solid argument that they could have been on an 04 team under any other circumstance. And given that the AAA clubs typically insist that a player playing 'up' needs to be in the top 5 or so of the team they are playing up on... even that's not at all a slam dunk.

My point is that for all the AA parents arguing there should be more AAA teams, the proof is simply not there that the talent is there that you could field another competitive team in CA. Certainly not in Norcal. And we have more AAA teams for the number of AA teams there are (on average) than most states. I wish it were not so - competition is good for everyone, including teams.

Gotcha. It would have been a stretch of a team, even if all players they wanted opted in--no doubt. As for your main point, I happen to agree with your point entirely.

Fiveholer

• Mite
  • LR Justice +1/-0
« Reply #175 on: September 30, 2019, 04:10:10 PM »
San Diego Saints were in Canada over the weekend at the Bauer 2019 AAA Ice Breaker Tournament and went 6-0 and cleaned up in the championships, beating West Vancouver Bantam Varsity, 3-0.  4 of the teams played are listed AA on my hockey rankings, one team is AAA (Edmonton) and one is A1 (not sure where that stands).  Well done.

https://www.bantameliteinvite.com/page/show/5182573-san-diego-saints

Fowlmood

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +9/-34
« Reply #176 on: October 01, 2019, 12:19:06 PM »
This isn't a shocker considering their new roster.  Kudos to them all the same.

socalhockeydad

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +31/-57
« Reply #177 on: October 01, 2019, 04:06:18 PM »
This isn't a shocker considering their new roster.  Kudos to them all the same.

They added a F and D from last years 06AAA Ducks...who else did they add? I was under the impression that their roster was basically the same minus those 2 (very good) adds?

Fowlmood

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +9/-34
« Reply #178 on: October 01, 2019, 05:12:40 PM »
Also added a AAA Duck 05 D man.

Fowlmood

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +9/-34
« Reply #179 on: October 01, 2019, 05:13:10 PM »
I also did say Kudos to them.  Calm down.