This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: Inter Club Tampering  (Read 13554 times)

DEFENDERS

• Mite
  • LR Justice +3/-2
Inter Club Tampering
« on: May 28, 2019, 03:14:42 PM »
 Ok people it’s tryout time again and I would like to discuss inter club tampering. And I’m not just talking about coaches trying to take other coaches players. What I’m taking about is CLUB BOARD MEMBERS helping club coaches pouch other coaches players to benefit the CLUB BOARD MEMBERS child’s team. So my question is, is this ok/legal and or just part of the ridiculous B.S. that us parents have to deal with?

More to follow...…………….

SkatingDad

• Midget
  • LR Justice +60/-91
Re: Inter Club Tampering
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2019, 03:27:19 PM »
Nothing surprises me anymore with California Hockey...

lcadad

• AHL
  • LR Justice +151/-121
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2019, 06:05:16 PM »
Once the blackout period has ended, it is fine for coaches to contact anyone they can get contact for.   There are rules that attempt to limit wholesale movement of teams from one club to another.  There has been rampant poaching of players for years, and you could also make the argument that the AAA system is intrinsic poaching, because of the AAA franchise system.  Kids from A and AA that develop or were already capable of AAA often have no other option but to change clubs. 

notTHATdad

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +46/-17
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2019, 07:28:55 PM »
All the rules are set out in the CAHA guide book, available to everyone on the CAHA web site.

I seem to recall that there are significant differences between the AAA rules and AA/A/etc rules.

A1Hockey Fan

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +30/-14
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2019, 07:38:13 PM »
Ok people it’s tryout time again and I would like to discuss inter club tampering. And I’m not just talking about coaches trying to take other coaches players. What I’m taking about is CLUB BOARD MEMBERS helping club coaches pouch other coaches players to benefit the CLUB BOARD MEMBERS child’s team. So my question is, is this ok/legal and or just part of the ridiculous B.S. that us parents have to deal with?

More to follow...…………….

Everyone is fair game after the season is over....IMO if the Coach is that great then players wouldn’t/shouldn’t want to go anywhere else....within the club or outside of the club and there shouldn’t be a need to worry. People go and stay wherever they please and at the end of the day....it is their choice to make since they are paying the fees.

Im119

• Mite
  • LR Justice +0/-1
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2019, 02:55:20 PM »
More to follow.... Spooky, very ominous. Got some intel to shake the youth hockey world to its core, do ya?

Hockey05

• Midget
  • LR Justice +59/-33
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2019, 10:16:01 PM »

We've seen it all over the years. Every year it has changed. You'd think they could let us know before tryouts the number of games. Is it too much to ask for SCAHA to let us know if tier scrimmages will include teams in both flights? How about inviting minor AAA teams to also be a part of the SCAHA scrimmages? Maybe it is time to start putting the players and their families first in this state.  I can only hope for the best but I sure know a lot of parents that have said, "Enough, we are sending our son or daughter elsewhere."

« Last Edit: June 01, 2019, 10:38:32 PM by Hockey05 »

Ice Dogs Hockey Club

• Mite
  • LR Justice +8/-13
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2019, 06:12:21 PM »

How about inviting minor AAA teams to also be a part of the SCAHA scrimmages? Maybe it is time to start putting the players and their families first in this state.

Just an FYI:  SCAHA Exec Committee asked the club presidents to add the AAA minor teams in the SCAHA AA schedule and the presidents said NO! They made their AAA bed they can lay it in. So there you  go! It would have made the competition better and given those minor teams more games at home.  But hey that doesn't matter what is best for the players/families just pissed that there are AAA teams. GTFOH

Hockey05

• Midget
  • LR Justice +59/-33
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2019, 11:15:31 PM »

Thanks for the info, I guess every AA team gets 3 less games.  The AAA minor teams lose out on probably a dozen.  Most AAA parents I know thrive on their player getting competition.  They feel good winning 7-1.  But they also enjoy a local weekend watching their son's team pull out a surprisingly close game and running into (at this point) old friends.  These parents tend to like combines, selects, and helping their player play as much as possible.  On the other side of it, most serious AA players don't like losing games to minor players that are younger than them.  Sometimes those players prove or show that they belong to be with the best. 

Flights have been covered exhaustively here for two years but I make a couple of points that have been made previously.  The best teams in tier have no business participating in a flighting weekend.  They should be playing full games against the best teams they can find.  Or the parents should be at a BBQ that weekend.  With an extra grand in their pocket, perhaps they might ponder what it is like to have a normal life.  None of us should have to travel Labor Day weekend for run time games.
[size=78%]  [/size]
Numerous teams were negatively impacted last year by flighting including the bantam major Kings and Ducks.  It's hard to believe those major players weren't allowed to play the best teams at least one time in a scrimmage during the season.  I guess we will have to wait to find out if teams lose out on those 6 or so scrimmages or how the format has once again been changed. 
« Last Edit: June 04, 2019, 11:17:14 PM by Hockey05 »

Clue12345

• Mite
  • LR Justice +5/-5
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2019, 06:16:56 AM »
CAHA has no biusiness flighting any teams or dropping any teams!! They need to keep their nose out of it!!!!! It is up to the club to build their reputation how they want to be seen! CAHA has become a governing body that dictates! We are allowing CAHA to ruin California hockey! Buyer beware! Just let the kids play. I am sure when Gretzky played hockey, they didn’t have all this nonsense going on. They just let kids play! No pressure to play year round, they just played! That’s what kids do, they play! If a team wants to play in AA and be challenged then so be it! Us parents should be able to choose not CAHA! Who is paying for it? Not CAHA! Why are the buyers not allowed to vote?

area51

• Midget
  • LR Justice +82/-61
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2019, 10:05:33 AM »
CAHA has no biusiness flighting any teams or dropping any teams!! They need to keep their nose out of it!!!!! It is up to the club to build their reputation how they want to be seen! CAHA has become a governing body that dictates! We are allowing CAHA to ruin California hockey! Buyer beware! Just let the kids play. I am sure when Gretzky played hockey, they didn’t have all this nonsense going on. They just let kids play! No pressure to play year round, they just played! That’s what kids do, they play! If a team wants to play in AA and be challenged then so be it! Us parents should be able to choose not CAHA! Who is paying for it? Not CAHA! Why are the buyers not allowed to vote?
sorry NOCLUE12345, the flight system works and was put in place because clubs field AA teams that have no business playing AA. Hockey is a youth sport and parents ruin it by pushing their kids into levels they don't belong. The only ones that the flight system doesn't work for are the parents that their kids teams were relegated to Flight II. I was happy last year when the SCAHA schedule was separated by flights too. Nothing worse than your Sunday being spent playing a team that should have just played A. And there's nothing wrong with playing B, BB, or A. Just let the kids enjoy playing!

Clue12345

• Mite
  • LR Justice +5/-5
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2019, 10:41:29 AM »
sorry NOCLUE12345, the flight system works and was put in place because clubs field AA teams that have no business playing AA. Hockey is a youth sport and parents ruin it by pushing their kids into levels they don't belong. The only ones that the flight system doesn't work for are the parents that their kids teams were relegated to Flight II. I was happy last year when the SCAHA schedule was separated by flights too. Nothing worse than your Sunday being spent playing a team that should have just played A. And there's nothing wrong with playing B, BB, or A. Just let the kids enjoy playing!

Sorry but you have it all wrong! Teams develop through the season! Your scenario only works for teams that have been together for years! Of course they look great at the beginning of the season. Most coaches try to take players from other teams to build a dynamite team. Well that didn’t go over very well with one particular team last season. There are some great coaches out there that can take a team that may not look that good the 1st 2 months  but then the team would be very competitive. Nobody can tell what a team will look like from one beginning of the year jamboree when a team has not even practiced together yet.  Only a coach knows their team potential, not CAHA!

lcadad

• AHL
  • LR Justice +151/-121
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2019, 11:03:47 AM »
There are full threads on AA Flighting and AAA.  I thought this was about "Inter club tampering" and other adult shenanigans.  I'm still waiting to get whatever story it was that prompted this thread....