This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: PW AA 2019-2020  (Read 241067 times)

JustAnotherHockeyParent

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +1/-4
PW AA 2019-2020
« on: May 28, 2019, 04:33:39 PM »
How did tournaments go this weekend? Who is looking strong for the 2019-2020 season? Let the games begin....

Gary Sargent

• Mite
  • LR Justice +2/-0
Re: PW AA 2019-2020
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2019, 11:00:23 PM »

I heard the Bears did very well in Riverside. A parent on the Bears team told me there wasn't much competition out there.  So either the Bears were that good or
there wasn't much competition out there.

Heat, Flyers, OCHC and two GSE teams played in Anaheim.  GSE team made the finals and lost to the same Canadian team that took out  the Flyers and Heat.

Looks Like the Kings made it to the championship in Tinsel town only to loose to the 08 Patriots team?  (If I'm wrong please correct the Tinsel Town website is not functioning correctly)

Anaheim Selects AKA 07 Ducks AA played AAA.  Played close with the AAA ducks in a game.  Then beat a team that didn't belong? Then had their pre approved goalie stolen? (again help me out the Tinsel Town web site is not friendly)

Not sure about other declared AA teams Condors Dogs M's and alike. Anyone know where or if they played?

T minus 8 days until that kid you thought was going to sign with your club becomes convinced he is to good to play with the players on your team!

Good luck to all!

OCHockeyDad07

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +1/-0
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2019, 12:00:43 AM »

I heard the Bears did very well in Riverside. A parent on the Bears team told me there wasn't much competition out there.  So either the Bears were that good or
there wasn't much competition out there.
Heat, Flyers, OCHC and two GSE teams played in Anaheim.  GSE team made the finals and lost to the same Canadian team that took out  the Flyers and Heat.

Looks Like the Kings made it to the championship in Tinsel town only to loose to the 08 Patriots team?  (If I'm wrong please correct the Tinsel Town website is not functioning correctly)

Anaheim Selects AKA 07 Ducks AA played AAA.  Played close with the AAA ducks in a game.  Then beat a team that didn't belong? Then had their pre approved goalie stolen? (again help me out the Tinsel Town web site is not friendly)

Not sure about other declared AA teams Condors Dogs M's and alike. Anyone know where or if they played?

T minus 8 days until that kid you thought was going to sign with your club becomes convinced he is to good to play with the players on your team!

Good luck to all!

Kings played as Patriots in Carmen Starr and lost in the finals to the Kings 2008 AAA in a close game, 5-4.

Also, there was a GSE team that played in the Carmen Starr,  they did not win a game. 
« Last Edit: May 31, 2019, 12:11:15 AM by OCHockeyDad07 »

puckslapper

• Mite
  • LR Justice +5/-5
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2019, 07:41:27 AM »
So how many clubs are fielding teams this season. I see the Kings will field 2 12UAA teams and I found the information for Mariners/Shattuck on another California hockey forum called calhockeytalk.com. Apparently that forum will post everything. Looks like they will have a team as well. I also heard their first pre-tryout clinic had a lot of kids.

805hockey

• Mite
  • LR Justice +4/-1
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2019, 02:21:39 PM »
So how many clubs are fielding teams this season. I see the Kings will field 2 12UAA teams and I found the information for Mariners/Shattuck on another California hockey forum called calhockeytalk.com. Apparently that forum will post everything. Looks like they will have a team as well. I also heard their first pre-tryout clinic had a lot of kids.

Why was it taken down here?

area51

• Midget
  • LR Justice +82/-61
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2019, 03:28:29 PM »

Why was it taken down here?
because they posted it on all the boards. it should have been posted in Professional Hockey Services. Looks like they got a little butt hurt and went and started their own board to push their new joint venture with Shattucks.
Am I the only one that thinks Shattucks opening a campus in CA makes no sense? The top kids are leaving the state for better competition and less travel and Shattucks wants to open a school in CA to play in CAHA?! The 16 AAA teams are already having problems filling out their teams with AAA talent...so let's add another program. Good luck with that!!!
« Last Edit: June 05, 2019, 04:33:20 PM by area51 »

puckslapper

• Mite
  • LR Justice +5/-5
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2019, 04:13:38 PM »
Kids aren’t leaving the state for less travel time to games, given that they are leaving for places like Tahoe Hockey Academy which requires more travel time to games, more missed classes, and no local competition. Kids are leaving because rather than sitting on the 405 for hours on end trying to get to a practice, they would rather be on the ice or in the gym developing. Shattuck offers a quality education and a lot of development. Also kids are leaving because of the limited opportunity to actually make one of the three existing AAA teams based on politics and limited space. So I don’t understand why you think another quality hockey program in California is a bad thing. Unless of course you enjoy having to board a plane every time you want to see your kid.

And 805...I have no idea why the administrator of this site keeps pulling the Mariner Shattuck info but you can always check in on the other forum calhockeytalk.com for information on all clubs.

SkatingDad

• Midget
  • LR Justice +60/-91
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2019, 04:19:26 PM »
If you only care about winning and want a AAA team that can win nationals then yes, there is not enough talent in California.  I am with Hamacher in that the AAA teams should not be limited. There can only be one first line, one first line PP, one first line PK on any team.  The point of AAA is to be be noticed by Junior scouts and play Juniors not win a national title.  It does not matter if a AAA team is contending for a national title or mid/back of the pack, there are good players on every AAA team that will be noticed by scouts. If CAHA does not change their ways soon, I hope organizations start going around CAHA and only play in AAA leagues. Who cares about playing other California teams anyway...

805hockey

• Mite
  • LR Justice +4/-1
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2019, 07:49:41 PM »

And 805...I have no idea why the administrator of this site keeps pulling the Mariner Shattuck info but you can always check in on the other forum calhockeytalk.com for information on all clubs.

Pretty odd....just curious, anybody have any idea who the admin(s) are for this discussion board? Wondering if it's probably not somebody from CAHA/SCAHA....

Gary Sargent

• Mite
  • LR Justice +2/-0
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2019, 09:27:23 PM »
I don't think a CAHA SCAHA person would pull the post.  There are some posts on here that deride those orgs and they are still visible.

area51

• Midget
  • LR Justice +82/-61
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2019, 09:02:52 AM »
They've always pulled post when someone spams all the boards. If he would have put the post where it belongs, they would have left it there. There's no conspiracy, get over it!

805hockey

• Mite
  • LR Justice +4/-1
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2019, 12:34:02 PM »
Meh, just asking questions. 

JustAnotherHockeyParent

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +1/-4
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2019, 02:33:10 PM »
How did tryouts go for everyone? Any surprises?

OCHockeyDad07

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +1/-0
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2019, 03:38:11 PM »
Did Ventura put together a team?

According to SCAHA there are 17 So Cal PW AA teams excluding Ventura.  No way there are that many teams that can really play AA.  The flighting is resulting in more AA teams that are not really AA quality it seems.

How many truly competitive AA teams are there.  I think maybe 6-7 in So Cal, that means more flight 2 teams than flight 1.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2019, 03:39:29 PM by OCHockeyDad07 »

Gary Sargent

• Mite
  • LR Justice +2/-0
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2019, 09:22:44 PM »

Where did you find the 17 number?  I couldn't find declarations on the new SCAHA site.

I found that the Bears, Heat, Flyers, 2xKings, 2xDucks, Goldrush, Ice Dogs, OCHC, and the Gulls were making a run at Peewee AA.

Anyone fold? 

What teams am I missing?

« Last Edit: June 09, 2019, 09:25:45 PM by Gary Sargent »