This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: PW AA 2019-2020  (Read 242276 times)

alfirst

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +16/-39
Re: PW AA 2019-2020
« Reply #90 on: September 12, 2019, 09:34:09 AM »
And I know a player who played Midget BB and now is in NHL - so what? We are talking majority and probability, not the exclusions.

There will be some future NHLers from bottom AA teams this year? Great. Still does not help top teams this year.

There are kids on teams that already played Flight I last year and this year they are getting worse product. Instead of step up - step down.

It is what it is, I am just saying there could be a better product for our team and my kid in particular (whom I do not call LG). So we will show up to games and we will destroy at least 6 teams. I just wish that bigger number of games would be more competitive than our internal practices.

If your son is on those bottom teams (which seems to be the case), and you think you got the product you like and 8 scores of 0-6+ does not bother you - good for you. You win.   
« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 09:34:40 AM by alfirst »

Rats13

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +16/-2
« Reply #91 on: September 12, 2019, 09:39:04 AM »
I find it interesting that here on PW the argument is about NOT filghting (though pushing 5/6 teams down still was flighting of sorts IMO) and on bantam they are fighting upset because there IS flighting.  :o

CAHA does plenty to shoot itself in the foot but it is a tough task and either way some people are going to be unhappy.

puckslapper

• Mite
  • LR Justice +5/-5
« Reply #92 on: September 12, 2019, 09:50:23 AM »
Alfirst, it’s your elitist line of thinking that has pushed so many kids out of the state to play hockey elsewhere. No state other than California flights teams and yet kids seem to excel.

alfirst

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +16/-39
« Reply #93 on: September 12, 2019, 10:07:35 AM »
I do not know much about other states. Saw the article about IL AAA situation. Know some about MA. Know a little bit about Florida - there are some academies on PW level and no BB, B levels at all.
Maybe in other states parents/kids/powers/coaches have a better way of defining their level of play and not fighting for badges - AA, AAA etc. Maybe...

My point is rather simple though (aside of all the politics) - If there is a choice to play 16 competitive games vs similar opponents, playing twice each other and the choice of playing half competitive half meaningless games (and I would argue that for both parties) and all that for the same money spent  - I vote for the 1st choice. That's it.
At the end of the day - I am a customer paying the money and I choose and decide what is better for development at this stage. Apparently other customers prevailed this year.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 10:10:17 AM by alfirst »

5lap5hot

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +9/-7
« Reply #94 on: September 12, 2019, 10:45:33 AM »
And I know a player who played Midget BB and now is in NHL - so what? We are talking majority and probability, not the exclusions.

There will be some future NHLers from bottom AA teams this year? Great. Still does not help top teams this year.

There are kids on teams that already played Flight I last year and this year they are getting worse product. Instead of step up - step down.

It is what it is, I am just saying there could be a better product for our team and my kid in particular (whom I do not call LG). So we will show up to games and we will destroy at least 6 teams. I just wish that bigger number of games would be more competitive than our internal practices.

If your son is on those bottom teams (which seems to be the case), and you think you got the product you like and 8 scores of 0-6+ does not bother you - good for you. You win.   

I wish there was a better product where every level was set to be very close.  The point is it doesn't happen here in CA or anywhere.  As I said to Quack04 the AAA teams have all the time in the world and want to scrimmage since they only have a 6 game season.  And I hope my son has a good year and scores a goal or an assist.

805hockey

• Mite
  • LR Justice +4/-1
« Reply #95 on: September 12, 2019, 11:06:08 AM »
Rather new to the AA thing...suppose I'm on the "no flight" team.  If you declare AA, and get blown out, is that not your fault for declaring AA? 

alfirst

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +16/-39
« Reply #96 on: September 12, 2019, 11:21:32 AM »
I wish there was a better product where every level was set to be very close.  The point is it doesn't happen here in CA or anywhere.  As I said to Quack04 the AAA teams have all the time in the world and want to scrimmage since they only have a 6 game season.  And I hope my son has a good year and scores a goal or an assist.
[/size]
[/size]We probably will be scrimmaging AAA teams - that's up to the coach though. And that's separate money. Regular season became half worthless though. And again, it is what it is. Just seems like talent and skills on 07 level is quite lower than on 06 in CA (plus many 08 players on some teams - and 1st year PW used to get Flight II for the most part), hence AA division is watered down now - stronger case for flighting it but CAHA decided otherwise. Just half games out the window - maybe no big deal...   
[/size]

2 Cups in LA

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +8/-31
« Reply #97 on: September 12, 2019, 01:17:57 PM »
CAHA needs to stop these 10U A teams play up in AA.   If so, put them in PWA to be pushed.   Make the small organizations only have 1 PWAA team and only let the big 3 have two teams if the talent validates it?   But what do I know?   I just watch a lot of live Barn from my home in the South Bay.

Lord_of_the_Rink

• Mite
  • LR Justice +0/-0
« Reply #98 on: September 12, 2019, 01:29:43 PM »

We probably will be scrimmaging AAA teams - that's up to the coach though. And that's separate money. Regular season became half worthless though. And again, it is what it is. Just seems like talent and skills on 07 level is quite lower than on 06 in CA (plus many 08 players on some teams - and 1st year PW used to get Flight II for the most part), hence AA division is watered down now - stronger case for flighting it but CAHA decided otherwise. Just half games out the window - maybe no big deal...   

I'm guessing you're a glass half empty kinda guy...
i may be a hockey deity, but i'm no math whiz, however, assuming 6 teams are terrible and don't belong (not my position) 6 teams is closer to a 1/3? no?  no need for all the drama and hyperbole.  and last season probably the top 2 or 3 flight 2, AA teams would have been just fine in Flight 1, which, in reality, leaves 3 or 4 teams that are getting pounded each week.  i'm not going to do anymore math because it's giving me a headache but we're a long ways from "half the games out the window". 

the sky isn't falling.  it's going to be a great season.   

disergio

• Mite
  • LR Justice +1/-0
« Reply #99 on: September 12, 2019, 02:03:32 PM »
Are there really 10U A teams in PW AA?

alfirst

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +16/-39
« Reply #100 on: September 12, 2019, 02:16:17 PM »
Yeah, just look at the standings and goals for/against at the end of the season and that would be it.

And I figured that you just want AA designation hanging for your team - for those exact purposes Flight II has been created.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 02:21:11 PM by alfirst »

disergio

• Mite
  • LR Justice +1/-0
« Reply #101 on: September 12, 2019, 02:22:41 PM »
Pls give me example today. I want to see if played vs those teams in AA evaluation tournament.

#4BobbyOrr

• Midget
  • LR Justice +98/-106
« Reply #102 on: September 12, 2019, 02:23:27 PM »
Alfirst, it’s your elitist line of thinking that has pushed so many kids out of the state to play hockey elsewhere. No state other than California flights teams and yet kids seem to excel.

BC Hockey tiers their hockey and then divides the tiers into several flights

Rats13

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +16/-2
« Reply #103 on: September 12, 2019, 02:36:43 PM »
Pls give me example today. I want to see if played vs those teams in AA evaluation tournament.

Gold Rush 2 is 2009

2 Cups in LA

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +8/-31
« Reply #104 on: September 12, 2019, 02:36:51 PM »
"DISERGIO"   There are 09's in PWAA.   GR2 is made up of that age group a long with some of the teams that were dropped this year.  "CAHA really needs to clean this up"