This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: What Bantam AA Teams for 2019-2020?  (Read 166597 times)

raca51

• Mite
  • LR Justice +2/-0
Re: What Bantam AA Teams for 2019-2020?
« Reply #210 on: February 10, 2020, 01:32:58 PM »
Amazing to see that Wave coaches and mgrs complained and fought hard to make Flight 1 status as their original Bantam AA Flight 2 placement wasn't good enough and yet still managed to lose every single CAHA game in Flight 1.  Hmmm, not sure what happened there, but curious if parents and coaches can still consider that a good investment for their kids and a chalk it up to a good year for development? 🤔

What happened to that Wave team could happen to any team at any time. Not sure the coaches, managers or the parents could have expected to lose 2 kids to AAA and then deal with multiple MAJOR injuries throughout the season. On a good day they were able to have 12 on the bench. I applaud them.

lcadad

• AHL
  • LR Justice +151/-121
Re: What Bantam AA Teams for 2019-2020?
« Reply #211 on: February 13, 2020, 10:16:17 AM »
Amazing to see that Wave coaches and mgrs complained and fought hard to make Flight 1 status as their original Bantam AA Flight 2 placement wasn't good enough and yet still managed to lose every single CAHA game in Flight 1.  Hmmm, not sure what happened there, but curious if parents and coaches can still consider that a good investment for their kids and a chalk it up to a good year for development? 🤔

Flight2 sucks, not because the teams suck, but because the format and interconnection between the flights is a joke.  I consider it CAHA's attempt to punish teams for being middling.  I guess they would prefer it if there were 12 more teams in Bantam A.  Given the choice of battling for a handful of wins or ties in Flight1, or winning the majority of your games by 5+ goals in Flight2, along with no playoffs, and having little to nothing to play for -- I'd take bottom of Flight1 every time, but again that's because the dipshits who came up with the Flight2 system thought they were righteously punishing teams and clubs for reaching beyond their capabilities, rather than making it a legitimate league structure.

I've heard there are plans in place to introduce an even crazier idea for next year, with a winners take all pre-season format:  all the tier teams play a mini season, and only the top 8 or 10 advance to the actual 'Tier 2' season.  All the other teams are essentially abandoned to a meaningless scrimmage season.  It's like the people who come up with this stuff literally hate Tier2, and over half of the participants.