This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: THA looking strong going into 4th year!!!  (Read 18096 times)

orangecone

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +14/-4
Re: THA looking strong going into 4th year!!!
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2019, 11:16:17 AM »
I can really only speak for my son and what’s best for him.
He signed on strictly to develop and get more skilled , bigger , faster and stronger. And i really knew nothing about them playing varsity. Basically that was a bonus for us.
There’s SO many “academies “ and “hockey schools” out there now
They’re a dime a dozen. And there’s a lot of teams that are not good AND the school part is kind of a joke. So you have to be very careful if this is a route you’re going to take
His end goals are junior hockey them D1 or D3 college hockey. So for him, playing on a team where he’s over the boards a lot and in games against good teams is THEE best option. As an 03 ( 2/3ds of the prep team are 2003s ) playing 18 u is awesome. If I’m solely judging us on wins and losses and we were playing 16u and if i cared about my hockey rankings.com. I’d guess we’d be like 40-50th ( ranked)
So for developing, this has exceeded my sons expectations
They and most preps practice in the morning
They eat breakfast together
Then , We are on the ice at 8/ 8:30 for 2 hours and some stay to practice w varsity too
Then school ( South Lake Tahoe high)
Then gym
Then online class
Dinner
Free time

This is like an expansion team...
they’re so new. But they have a major advantage and it’s the ice time and gym
No team out west has that
If you’re AAA you have 3 practices and every one of those kids are doing at least 2-3 private’s a week
That’s about 5-8 g extra a year on top of about 40,000 for the season
And late night practices

Tahoe is amazing
We love it
The.  Coaches and staff are really encouraging and care about the boys

I wish your son well
It’s all over pretty soon.
Enjoy every second

orangecone

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +14/-4
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2019, 11:44:07 AM »
I’ll also add
Being at a good prep school environment, regardless of the team that play on ( varsity or prep) any kid that’s on the ice in a game has earned that time by keeping his room clean, laundry and all chores complicated and has his grades up as well as over all attitude and behavior. If any of them fall behind they don’t play. 
These young boys become young men quickly 💯

orangecone

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +14/-4
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2019, 12:13:35 PM »
Does THA now have a school? I thought the players did the NCAA approved online program. What do you think of the THA teachers? I agree that it should be education first. The benefit of a traditional school like JSerra or OLu is the quality of the teachers. Online school programs are not a good match for all students.

They do most main classses online ( so when they’re on the road they can stay up on school work) and the elective and a few other classes are at South Lake Tahoe high school ( great school great teachers and counselors) i was very impressed with the staff and campus