This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: Pee Wee A 19-20  (Read 122526 times)

2 Cups in LA

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +8/-31
Re: Pee Wee A 19-20
« Reply #90 on: December 05, 2019, 10:26:51 AM »
CAHA/SCAHA  needs to tighten their divisions...   PWAA is the new PWA.   It is ruining it for the other divisions.  (PWA,PWBB,PWB) is now a big MESS!!!

BladesofSteel66

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +29/-22
« Reply #91 on: December 05, 2019, 11:10:02 AM »
Maybe you should do a strength of schedule analysis and records vs your power ranked teams.

:o Even tougher to do considering all the teams that drop/suck and players swapping teams.  Rosters don't lock until December.

BladesofSteel66

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +29/-22
« Reply #92 on: December 05, 2019, 11:13:32 AM »
CAHA/SCAHA  needs to tighten their divisions...   PWAA is the new PWA.   It is ruining it for the other divisions.  (PWA,PWBB,PWB) is now a big MESS!!!

There really should only be 8-12 "AA" teams.  No doubt that would make for a much more competitive "A" division.  The tournaments prove it.  Moving forward, all the top "A" teams will sign up for "AA" tournaments.  It's gonna get pretty interesting for Holiday, MLK, and Pres Day. 

BetterThanGetlaf

• Mite
  • LR Justice +0/-2
« Reply #93 on: December 05, 2019, 11:26:49 PM »

Is there a PW BB? I didn't think there was this year. I read earlier someone said that the Vegas tourney was the best Thanksgiving one because of the Vacaville team (I think?) and Empiee. I asssume that means that JD3 is pretty good this year too? I thought they made the finals against Empire. I see they have a lot of A teams so I guess there are alot of good players there?

Generally I thought everyone in PW was playing A this year, I heard of a lot of B players last year being A this year. So far I like this hockey stuff!

Dont Be Salty

• Mite
  • LR Justice +0/-0
« Reply #94 on: December 05, 2019, 11:55:38 PM »
Getzlaf! Welcome to the rodeo of what has become of youth ice hockey.  Hang on tight and watch your wallet get sucked dry! Where do you hail from? As far as bb goes, I’m aware it exists and that’s as far as it goes. Yes, the Vegas tourney.  We were there and personally think the Ducks 3 team is panning out to be THE team to beat this season? 

trans4761

• NHL
  • LR Justice +286/-342
« Reply #95 on: December 06, 2019, 08:27:02 AM »
You talking about the team that is presently in 11th place  ?

BetterThanGetlaf

• Mite
  • LR Justice +0/-2
« Reply #96 on: December 06, 2019, 09:05:52 AM »
It was more an observation, someone stated that "Vegas was where the real teams went..." and I know JD3 (?) went there to the finals so by the original logic they should be really good. I wasn't saying "they were THE team to beat" I was inquiring based on the teams that went to Vegas. Regarding BB, I thought this year it was only A and B (I also heard the BB was not a real thing in the rest of the States).

Edit: what's Silver Stick? Is that the Anaheim tournament?
« Last Edit: December 06, 2019, 09:08:25 AM by BetterThanGetlaf »

trans4761

• NHL
  • LR Justice +286/-342
« Reply #97 on: December 06, 2019, 09:31:26 AM »
Silver sticks is a national tournament.  Various regions throughout the country in various divisiond and the winner from each region goes to play to the Silver Sticks championship, this year PW A is in Port Huron Michigan.  Level of competition varies from year to year at regionals  But competition at the finals is high.

This weeks late picks

JFLYERS.            VS.               JK2.             JK2 BY 6

JD2                                           ICE DOGS    JD2 BY 1

JR BENNYS         VS               JGULLS1     JGULLS BY 2.....MAKE THAT 3 BF STILL OWES ME $$

JFLYERS1.            VS               WAVE 2       WAVE2 BY 2

EPPERLY WAVE.   VS             JGULLS2    EPPWAVE BY 2

OC2.                        VS             JD3.            JD3 BY  3

JD4                                            EMPIRE      EMPIRE BY 3  GAME OF THE WEEK

OC1                        VS.             DaBEARS. BEARS BY 2

GOLDRUSH.           VS.            JK1 SORRYJKs, not so good to be the King this weekend

SDIA                         VS             JD1    JD1 BY 6

good luck everyone.           

BetterThanGetlaf

• Mite
  • LR Justice +0/-2
« Reply #98 on: December 06, 2019, 11:24:28 AM »
I get it.

I think that Ice Dogs are going to beat JD2

OGwave

• Mite
  • LR Justice +0/-0
« Reply #99 on: December 06, 2019, 11:43:12 AM »
Ducks 3 goalie was amazing in the tournament final if it wasn't for him the score would have been 10-0. I am impartial my son plays for a different team unfortunately we didn't win a banner.

BetterThanGetlaf

• Mite
  • LR Justice +0/-2
« Reply #100 on: December 06, 2019, 11:54:09 AM »
Ducks 3 goalie was amazing in the tournament final if it wasn't for him the score would have been 10-0. I am impartial my son plays for a different team unfortunately we didn't win a banner.

Now I'm confused; RE Ducks 3 ONLY... One person said "strong teams went to Vegas" fact was Ducks3 made it to the Finals and lost by I believe 1 goal. I inquired about this, Trans asked (appropriately) "you mean the team in 11th?" now someone says the goalie is amazing? So...even at 11th can't be that bad, perhaps finding their feet?

Blades of Steel mentioned that Norcal Silver Stick had no "street cred" maybe? I don't know...But I looked at the past winners and it looks like it's been the Wave pretty much every year, maybe the norcal teams say "why bother?" and don't enter? Which I find interesting because it looks like San Jose is a stepping stone to Detroit.

Am I asking really dumb questions? I don't mean to ask obvious things but there seems to be an underlining understanding I'm missing.

trans4761

• NHL
  • LR Justice +286/-342
« Reply #101 on: December 06, 2019, 12:13:15 PM »

Now I'm confused; RE Ducks 3 ONLY... One person said "strong teams went to Vegas" fact was Ducks3 made it to the Finals and lost by I believe 1 goal. I inquired about this, Trans asked (appropriately) "you mean the team in 11th?" now someone says the goalie is amazing? So...even at 11th can't be that bad, perhaps finding their feet?

Blades of Steel mentioned that Norcal Silver Stick had no "street cred" maybe? I don't know...But I looked at the past winners and it looks like it's been the Wave pretty much every year, maybe the norcal teams say "why bother?" and don't enter? Which I find interesting because it looks like San Jose is a stepping stone to Detroit.

Am I asking really dumb questions? I don't mean to ask obvious things but there seems to be an underlining understanding I'm missing.
No stupid question here, just stupid statements . :-[

My understanding is that the SS finals are a great experience for the kids.  Opening ceremony,  pin trading etc.  That's the things our kids will remember, not wins or loses. Also my understanding that the level of play in the finals is quite high.  I believe a very good experience for the kids.  Especially in the non tier level.  Usually dont get that kind of experience until tier level, if at all

FrozenMom18

• Mite
  • LR Justice +1/-0
« Reply #102 on: December 06, 2019, 12:31:47 PM »
From my understanding Empire controlled the game and if it wasn't for the Ducks 3 goalie playing lights out the score could have been drastically different.

trans4761

• NHL
  • LR Justice +286/-342
« Reply #103 on: December 06, 2019, 12:35:24 PM »
From my understanding Empire controlled the game and if it wasn't for the Ducks 3 g
Hoalie playing lights out the score could have been drastically different.
Hockey team cannot live on goalie alone. If he's an 07, I know of an 07 birth year team that will need a goalie next year  ;)

FrozenMom18

• Mite
  • LR Justice +1/-0
« Reply #104 on: December 06, 2019, 12:37:09 PM »
Definitely not for an entire season but they can keep a team in a game.