This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: Pee Wee A 19-20  (Read 118716 times)

stayfrosty47

• Mite
  • LR Justice +0/-0
Re: Pee Wee A 19-20
« Reply #60 on: November 19, 2019, 01:49:01 PM »
Shame on the coaches and club  yes, but it’s not always up to the parents. I am part of one of these teams. Parents asked to be dropped. Coaches said no. Probably new if we got a release most would not resign at a lower level. Not because of the letter, but because the team is a mess.

Hockeydad30

• Mite
  • LR Justice +1/-0
« Reply #61 on: November 19, 2019, 02:18:50 PM »
Exactly unless all the parents on the team agree to drop and will resign the club and coach will not drop in fear of losing team altogether.  Unfortunately this is the same in the Aa division there are 4 plus teams in same situation should have been playing peewee a instead of aa IMHO. 

I would say if your team is a bubble team and if they played in the division lower and would win almost every game by 7-10 goals would that be right or do you risk playing up a division knowing that you may end up a .500 team and could steal a game or two from top 8 in division who are overlooking you. 

In my opinion Scaha and cash need to be more involved pushing clubs teams where they belong from top to bottom and if you are going to flight any division it should be the B level.  One problem is neither caha or scaha will do this for one simple reason this could cause teams to fold and them and the clubs to lose out on $$$$$$$$$$$$. 

BladesofSteel66

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +29/-22
« Reply #62 on: November 20, 2019, 10:08:53 AM »

I would say if your team is a bubble team and if they played in the division lower and would win almost every game by 7-10 goals would that be right or do you risk playing up a division knowing that you may end up a .500 team and could steal a game or two from top 8 in division who are overlooking you. 

This point is valid on the surface, but dig deeper.  That bubble team (top 1-4 teams in a division) typically is/are the teams that drop down or are simply correctly placed.  They might be beating teams by 7-10 goals, but which teams?  Certainly not any of the top 10 teams in the division.  It is almost always the teams at the bottom (15-20+ place in a division) that should NOT be there in the first place. 

Winning 5-1 is a solid win, not really a beat down.  Typically the teams that do not belong end up getting beat with a running clock in the 3rd.

In EVERY division, the top 3-4 teams could win games at the higher level. Sure, .500 maybe/maybe not, probably, but if the divisions are set up accurately, that SHOULD be the case.  That's the "zone."  That's equal levels of competition on the ice; not running clocks. 

Some of the teams at the bottoms of divisions are so bad, they can drop down and would be lucky to be .500..... yikes.

« Last Edit: November 20, 2019, 10:14:50 AM by BladesofSteel66 »

HockeyDad73

• Mite
  • LR Justice +0/-0
« Reply #63 on: November 20, 2019, 11:52:52 AM »
Case in Point, the Reign started the season at PWAA, dropped to A and currently at the bottom with no wins.

BladesofSteel66

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +29/-22
« Reply #64 on: November 20, 2019, 12:21:40 PM »
Case in Point, the Reign started the season at PWAA, dropped to A and currently at the bottom with no wins.

:o ;D ;D   Don't get me started on that club... ::)

BladesofSteel66

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +29/-22
« Reply #65 on: November 20, 2019, 12:54:44 PM »
POWER RANKINGS!!!  and MHR#

1. EHC (W5-1 vGulls1) 67
2. Goldrush (idle) 87
3. Condors (W7-0 v ID) 122
4. Wave1 (W3-1 v Kings2)
5. Ducks4 (idle) 273
6. Kings2 (L1-3 v Wave1) 116
7. Gulls2 (W3-0 v SDIA) 377
8. Ducks3 (idle) 278
9. Gulls1 (L1-5 v EHC) 215
10. SDIA (L0-3 v Gullls2) 235

No new teams.  These seem to be the top 10 for sure.  Maybe Bears can sneak in, but I doubt it.  Also, very strong possibility these are the 8 playoff teams. 
GotW 11/24
(4)Wave1 v (1)EHC
(8)Ducks3 v (3)Condors

BladesofSteel66

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +29/-22
« Reply #66 on: November 20, 2019, 01:06:02 PM »
BOTTOM 5
(in the spirit of the fun ESPN CFB site)

1. Reign ... -40 and only 3 goals?  Says it all *BB* cough *BB*
2. OCHC2 ... 6 for 6 on loses that included a running clock  -YIKES
3. Kings1 ...  been shutout 2x and scored 1G 2 other times.  Offense? 
4. OCHC1 ... in 4 games you were either shutout or had a running clock
5. Flyers2 ... so, you're record is 3-3, BUT you beat 3 teams on this list lol.
...................Otherwise? 3 losses were 2 running clocks and a shutout -OUCH
« Last Edit: November 20, 2019, 01:10:57 PM by BladesofSteel66 »

Slapper

• Mite
  • LR Justice +1/-1
« Reply #67 on: November 20, 2019, 06:28:40 PM »
Blades of Steel, I agree and very well put.

trans4761

• NHL
  • LR Justice +286/-342
« Reply #68 on: November 21, 2019, 09:38:15 AM »
This works picks

7-0 last week

SDIA.             VS.               JK1        SDIA BY 6

GR.                                      JG1        RUSH BY 4

JD4                VS.               FLYERS1.  JD4 BY 6

WAVE1                               EMPIRE.   EMPIRE BY 1
             ***game of the week **

JD3                      VS           JR CON  JC BY 3

JF2.                                      JD2        JF BY 3

ICE DOGS.           VS.          OC1.       DOGS BY 5

WAVE2                                 JGULLS2   GULLS BY 2

OC2                       VS           JD1.        JD BY 4

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE

Hockeydad30

• Mite
  • LR Justice +1/-0
« Reply #69 on: November 21, 2019, 01:21:16 PM »
I can see your point however you were complaining about running clock and I wasnt talking about just beating the bottom teams by that many goals I was talking more about the whole division minus the top 3-4 in the division. This would make every game for the team that played in the lower division to be running clock so you cant win either way.  I have an example of this for you.  I looked at the preseason for the teams that moved up division and are not doing well at all since moving up.   As the Flyers are on your list lets pick their current BB team.  In preseason they played in Peewee B and beat every team by more then 8 goals that they played 5 games 59 goals for and only 4 against.  Now in peewee BB they are 0-6 with -18 goal differential.  so what would you propose for that team to play down and be in a situation of running clock every game or play up and lose every game by average of 3 goals.  This is where the true problem arises for the bubble teams the in between divisions.

Now for my opinion the best way to handle all of this is to have these bubble teams play in the lower division for preseason and move up  after proving that every game in the lower division is a 5 plus goal differential.  Another option could be a forced play in game from SCAHA for the bottom teams ( teams getting beat with high differential in preseason) must play one of the top teams in the lower division and win in order to stay in the higher division. 

Don't get me wrong I am with you about having to watch either your kid blow out team that doesn't belong or be on the other side of the beating. And in my many years of being involved in travel hockey my kid has been on both sides of the spectrum.

trans4761

• NHL
  • LR Justice +286/-342
« Reply #70 on: November 21, 2019, 02:33:19 PM »
I can see your point however you were complaining about running clock and I wasnt talking about just beating the bottom teams by that many goals I was talking more about the whole division minus the top 3-4 in the division. This would make every game for the team that played in the lower division to be running clock so you cant win either way.  I have an example of this for you.  I looked at the preseason for the teams that moved up division and are not doing well at all since moving up.   As the Flyers are on your list lets pick their current BB team.  In preseason they played in Peewee B and beat every team by more then 8 goals that they played 5 games 59 goals for and only 4 against.  Now in peewee BB they are 0-6 with -18 goal differential.  so what would you propose for that team to play down and be in a situation of running clock every game or play up and lose every game by average of 3 goals.  This is where the true problem arises for the bubble teams the in between divisions.

Now for my opinion the best way to handle all of this is to have these bubble teams play in the lower division for preseason and move up  after proving that every game in the lower division is a 5 plus goal differential.  Another option could be a forced play in game from SCAHA for the bottom teams ( teams getting beat with high differential in preseason) must play one of the top teams in the lower division and win in order to stay in the higher division. 

Don't get me wrong I am with you about having to watch either your kid blow out team that doesn't belong or be on the other side of the beating. And in my many years of being involved in travel hockey my kid has been on both sides of the spectrum.
Every year you hear the same shit.  Fact is in every league,  in every sport, even in the pros there are young to be top teams, middle teams and lower teams.  Really nothing you can do, unless you want to do a 40+ league season (too many), then split top and bottom half at mid season. It is what it is. Always going to be really good teams and poor teams.

Rats13

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +16/-2
« Reply #71 on: November 21, 2019, 03:06:00 PM »

Every year you hear the same shit.  Fact is in every league,  in every sport, even in the pros there are young to be top teams, middle teams and lower teams.  Really nothing you can do, unless you want to do a 40+ league season (too many), then split top and bottom half at mid season. It is what it is. Always going to be really good teams and poor teams.

Agree this is nothing new.  Look at the standings every year going back there is almost always a big divide between top and bottom of the division\.

BladesofSteel66

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +29/-22
« Reply #72 on: November 22, 2019, 11:20:20 AM »
The point being missed is simply this:

The divisions should be capped at 16 MAX and typically, you will get close games.  Sure teams 12-16 might get beat up a bit, but should be able to pull out an upset here and there.  The 16 teams is also perfect for the 20 game schedule (15 reg and 5 preseason). 

If AA should be capped at 12, then trickle down will mean proper placement for all teams in all divisions at 16 teams.  (Why AA at 12, well... that's a huge trickle down from the 4 AAA teams.) 

In SCAHA alone there are   65 PW teams.  This would breakdown into 4 AAA, 12 AA, 16 A, 16 BB, 17 B.  It's too perfect.  As for the Squirts, the same can be done, but it is not tiered, they need a 16 A, 16 BB, 18 B, as they have 50 teams.  Instead, it is a clusterfk of randomness and magic flights of 9, 12, 13, and 16 team divisions... WTF?   

Balancing out the divisions will create consistent and adequate competition. 

Landshark

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +77/-47
« Reply #73 on: November 22, 2019, 11:29:57 AM »
You’ve fixed it. All you have to do is give more power to a benevolent centralized organization that has a track record for making all of the right decisions on implementation.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2019, 11:34:14 AM by Landshark »

BladesofSteel66

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +29/-22
« Reply #74 on: November 22, 2019, 12:10:52 PM »
You’ve fixed it. All you have to do is give more power to a benevolent centralized organization that has a track record for making all of the right decisions on implementation.

So, not SCAHA, got it. 

I have been proposing this balance for years.  Allowing clubs to choose needs accountability.  Stop guaranteeing the 20 games!  Maybe, if you play in the wrong division, as in the 21 teams in PW A, at the 10 game mark (5 pre/5 reg) which is usually around End of November, IF YOUR TEAM IS NOT IN THE TOP 16, YOUR SEASON IS OVER!  GOODBYE!  ... and players are not allowed to join other teams as it is after the final roster date in December.

That'll show 'em.