This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: CAHA Weekend Locations/Facilities  (Read 8095 times)

BladesofSteel66

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +29/-22
CAHA Weekend Locations/Facilities
« on: December 16, 2019, 12:45:32 PM »
Riverside should never be allowed to host a CAHA event, especially at the Bantam and Midget ages.  The facility is NOT acceptable in any way. 

Why you ask?
The rinks are not regulation or even close to it.
The bleachers are pathetic and off-center with obstructions everywhere you look. 
The locker rooms ARE TOO SMALL - YOU CAN ONLY FIT 2 LINES OF PLAYERS IN THERE AND THE GOALIES HAVE TO GET DRESSED IN THE HALLWAY!
There is a snack shack, and nothing to DRINK.  BYOB, I guess. 
The players hear BUZZERS AND WHISTLES being blown on both rinks and players get very confused initially (someone could get hurt). 

I could go on.  The facility is a dump (no wonder it's a "LA Kings Icetown" brand.  All those rinks are dumps).  CAHA and someone in charge should be embarrassed.  Sure, maybe PW, squirts, and the ADM all-american MITES (if I hear about their ADM program one more time from USA Hockey....) can play there, but that's about it. 

Alternatives you ask?  Oh, I don't know, why not serve the 2-3 clubs in San Diego and let Escondido host.  I mean, it is just like sending 15 SCAHA teams to NorCal to serve the 2-3 clubs up there. No one needs to "meet in the middle" if we are all traveling somewhere. 
« Last Edit: December 16, 2019, 12:47:30 PM by BladesofSteel66 »

Fiveholer

• Mite
  • LR Justice +1/-0
Re: CAHA Weekend Locations/Facilities
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2019, 01:14:48 PM »
.....and it never fails.  At least 15-20 combined offsides calls from both teams.

I also heard KHS second rink held a bantam game or two also? 

[/size]The smaller rink also allows the slower teams to match up against the faster teams as there is less room to work with IMHO.[size=78%]

SkatingDad

• Midget
  • LR Justice +60/-91
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2019, 01:15:41 PM »
Rink A is fine but, I agree that Rink B should not be used for 14U and up.

BladesofSteel66

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +29/-22
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2019, 01:39:03 PM »
Rink A is fine but, I agree that Rink B should not be used for 14U and up.

That's really what I am getting on.  CAHA weekends need 2 sheets, but if one is not worthy, then you don't get to host. 

lcadad

• AHL
  • LR Justice +151/-121
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2019, 01:59:08 PM »
Friday night at KHS there was a Bantam AA Flight 1 game being played on Rink B while a PWAA game was played on Rink A.   KHS rink B makes Riverside Rink B look like an Olympic sheet. 

If they simply disqualified all the rinks that had 2 sheets with one of them being sub-nhl standard, we would never see another CAHA event there.  There should never be a Bantam level game played on KHS rink B.

As for Icetown, I don't have as big an issue with the sheets, but I do have an issue with the fact they are both in the same space, and the horns sounding are highly confusing.  I was also told by a friend that there was yet another ref scheduling screwup and they only had 2 refs at their Bantam AA game. 
« Last Edit: December 16, 2019, 02:02:33 PM by lcadad »

Rats13

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +16/-2
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2019, 02:35:31 PM »
Friday night at KHS there was a Bantam AA Flight 1 game being played on Rink B while a PWAA game was played on Rink A. 

Same happened Sunday afternoon as well  >:(

BladesofSteel66

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +29/-22
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2019, 08:29:26 AM »
Can you imagine the backlash and uproar if 15 or so SCAHA teams went all the way to NorCal and played on rinks like KHS B or Riverside B?!?!?! 
We pay good $$$ for these weekends to CAHA; I want my money back!!!!  Terrible product being offered and terrible costumer service!!!

WTF

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +11/-12
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2019, 08:42:29 AM »
Can you imagine the backlash and uproar if 15 or so SCAHA teams went all the way to NorCal and played on rinks like KHS B or Riverside B?!?!?! 
We pay good $$$ for these weekends to CAHA; I want my money back!!!!  Terrible product being offered and terrible costumer service!!!

Man, someone must have a long commute one way just to practice to get this aggravated!  Maybe they will give you the opportunity to do multiple trips to Vacaville so you won't have to play in Riverside ever again...will that work?

BladesofSteel66

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +29/-22
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2019, 09:20:13 AM »
Nope.  Don't ask for a CAHA Weekend fee if the rink is sub-standard and should be condemned. 

Denis Lemieux #1

• Mite
  • LR Justice +4/-0
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2019, 05:40:31 PM »
I would prefer going to Riverside every weekend if it ment I never had to go to Cacaville ever again. Irvine is a nice option too.

lcadad

• AHL
  • LR Justice +151/-121
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2019, 01:33:58 PM »
I would prefer going to Riverside every weekend if it ment I never had to go to Cacaville ever again. Irvine is a nice option too.

It's not like we have options.  Oh yeah, my son's last 4 CAHA games are all at KHS. 

BladesofSteel66

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +29/-22
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2019, 05:46:52 PM »

It's not like we have options.  Oh yeah, my son's last 4 CAHA games are all at KHS.

ANOTHER CLASS ACT SH!Thole!  Upstairs locker rooms too small for a squirt team, Tiny Rink B, usually plywood for glass behind the net, and so cold that women wear UGZ in August.  Alternatives, you say?!?!?  We all know now that JD has The Rinks on Lincoln and Irvine... 6 SHEETS OF GLORY!  ...nah, let's play at KHS.  (Yes, I know Irvine has been used, but at a fraction of what it should be....  ALL THOSE SHEETS FOR WHAT!?!?!?  HS and public skates?!?!?

4minuteminor

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +9/-115
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2020, 11:00:28 PM »
I thought CAHA / USA Hockey was all about "small area games" an here we are bitching that the rink is "too small" -- at least there isnt dust falling from the rafters (or a big ass chandelier hanging over head ready to fall on an un assuming defenseman (sup Pasadena). Or boards the eat pucks (looks over at Bay Harbor)...In Ontario you could probably squeak out two sheets between Centre Ice and Old Ontario...Except one has no snack bar, and the other ....well...i dont think it has ever opened...Face it -- every rink in SoCal isn't really up for the task of what it is being asked to do -- they are all run on shoestring budgets despite charging insane amounts for the quality and quantity of services provided. Sure, Great Park is nice now...give it a few years, when that jumbo tron in rink 4 starts losing pixels an some city councilman decides they have to switch to all organic zam's -- to wit The Rinks can only afford one and must share it with Westminster...lol