This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: Corona virus  (Read 27577 times)

Stark

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +2/-1
Re: Corona virus
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2020, 09:11:52 AM »
CURRENT STATUS: GAME ON
 Update as of March 11th, 2020 @ 6:30pm

Limit of 2 spectators per player for the Playoff games this weekend. There will be a registration table and wrist bands….
Dates: March 13-15th
 Location: Solar for America Ice, 500 S 10th St, San Jose, CA 95112
 If you won’t be at the games you can watch it via LiveBarn. Use the following promo code for a 10% discount: San Jose: solr-8a8c

notTHATdad

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +46/-17
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2020, 07:56:29 AM »

Tier II now cancelled per the CAHA site.

Hockey05

• Midget
  • LR Justice +59/-33
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2020, 03:30:51 PM »
Have any of the camps been cancelled yet, CAHA Selects, NAHL Combine in Anaheim, CCM or Worlds? 

Stark

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +2/-1
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2020, 01:01:41 AM »
Remaining CAHA State Events Status Mar 13, 2020  9:59 PM March 13, 2020

To: All CAHA Members

Re: Remaining 2019-2020 CAHA State Events Cancellation

Dear Participant Members,

Effective immediately by unanimous vote, CAHA has cancelled all remaining CAHA Post Season events. This includes CAHA Select Camp scheduled for March 20-22, 2020, in Lakewood, and Youth A/BB/B and High School 1B/2B State Championships scheduled for March 27-29, 2020 in San Jose.

This decision was made after careful deliberation and in the primary interest of protecting the health and safety of our member clubs, spectators, and most importantly, our athletes.

While we understand this decision is disappointing, we strongly believe that the opportunity to compete in these events does not outweigh our obligation to place the health and safety of our membership above all else. The impact of COVID-19 has created many unexpected challenges as our season draws to an end, and we want to thank everyone involved for their flexibility, patience, and commitment in providing our athletes a great experience despite this unique situation.

Lastly, we want to recognize the hard work and commitment our athletes/teams have made to reach their respective League Playoffs/Championships that would have qualified them to advance to CAHA State Championships, and salute them for the accomplishment.

Sincerely,

Thomas Hancock
President

notTHATdad

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +46/-17
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2020, 04:51:11 PM »
The message that went to Select participants was updated, per the below. If USAHockey decides to still have a regional camp, CAHA is reserving the right to simply pick the participants from the CAHA Select pool. Of course I very much doubt that will happen.

"Dear CAHA Select Camp Participants,[/size]As you must be aware, yesterday CAHA announced the cancellation of all remaining postseason events. What this means with respect to our Select Camp, is although at this time the actual on ice evaluation is canceled, the Select Camp process itself is not as of yet terminated.CAHA is waiting until March 31st, at which time the Pacific District will make a decision as to the status of the upcoming Pacific District and Multi-District Select Camps (see Pacific District notice here). After the Pacific District makes a decision on the aforementioned date, CAHA will then proceed as follows with respect to our Select Camp process;           ? Pacific District decides to cancel all upcoming District / Multi-District Camps                      o CAHA will immediately process refunds to all Select Camp registrantsor           ? Pacific District decides to proceed with all upcoming District / Multi-District Camps as             scheduled:                     Option1:o CAHA will select players for advancement on the basis of player                                     resume/statistics/prior camps performances/results                    Option 2:o CAHA will immediately process refunds to any Select Camp registrant not                                     interested in the opportunity of advancing to their respective Pacific                                     District / Multi-District Select Camp through this procedureCAHA will not process any request for a refund until after March 31 as noted above."[/color]

Fowlmood

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +9/-34
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2020, 03:43:24 PM »
More people have died from the flu this year by a long shot.  Hey chicken little, is the sky falling? What ever happened to common sense? Wash your hands, all the time, stay home if you don't feel well, stay hydrated, take vitamin C.
Why has everyone gone off the deep end like this is the plague of death?  This fear mongering is ridiculous!  It's idiocy!  We are crashing our lively-hoods over something like the flu. 
I have been in real situations of life and death and brother this isn't it.  If you've experienced the flu, then pumpkin, you're going to be just fine with or without this virus. 

BladesofSteel66

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +29/-22
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2020, 04:58:11 PM »
There's always a few internet tough guys who know more than scientists and experts.  The Calhockey website is not immune to their ilk. 

Can you do simple math?  This spreads very easily and extremely rapidly.  The health care infrastructure in this country is not prepared for such a spread.  While ignoring death tolls about which clearly most ignorant numb-sculls refuse to care, simply serving the infected would become mathematically impossible in less than two weeks if we allow it to continue to spread.  This pandemic is about keeping everyone safe.  Yes, do your part, but don't spread garbage commentary that lacks any empathy whatsoever. 

There are about 900,000+ hospital beds total in America (barely 1, million if you include ICU beds) and the world total is already close to 200,000 confirmed cases.  It spread that fast in less than TWO weeks.  Sure, we are just under 10,000 here in the U.S., but 6th grade math lessons on exponents teaches us that 10,000 can turn into 1,000,000 in a few short weeks WITHOUT MEASURES TO PREVENT IT being implemented.  There is not enough time and AVAILABLE SPACE to see and treat that amount infected in such a short period of time.  It is impossible.  Never mind all the other injuries and illnesses that need served and require hospital beds. 

You can't evoke "common sense" if you completely lack emotional intelligence. 

Strawman

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +49/-47
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2020, 09:27:00 PM »
More people have died from the flu this year by a long shot.  Hey chicken little, is the sky falling? What ever happened to common sense? Wash your hands, all the time, stay home if you don't feel well, stay hydrated, take vitamin C.
Why has everyone gone off the deep end like this is the plague of death?  This fear mongering is ridiculous!  It's idiocy!  We are crashing our lively-hoods over something like the flu. 
I have been in real situations of life and death and brother this isn't it.  If you've experienced the flu, then pumpkin, you're going to be just fine with or without this virus.

Between 70 million and 150 million Americans will be infected. (Don't believe me. Google is your friend. Known cases are a small fraction of real cases because we aren't testing, and real cases double every two days. We have weeks, not months, to reach that level of infection unless we act to stop it now.)

About 20% of those infected will need to be hospitalized, and about 5% put in ICU. That means 14 million to 30 million in hospital and 3.5 million to 7 million in ICU. 

The USA has about 900,000 hospital beds total, and maybe 65,000 ICU beds. That math doesn't work. 

Death rates range from 0.6% to 5% depending on a number of factors, including whether hospital facilities have been overrun.

That's somewhere 420,000 to 7.5 million dead Americans, unless we stop the spread now. 

Italy has started warehousing its dead. Their crematoriums are working 24/7 and can't keep up.

Kids' hockey can wait a couple of months.

« Last Edit: March 16, 2020, 09:28:47 PM by Strawman »

Fowlmood

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +9/-34
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2020, 08:51:50 AM »
A great deal of conjecture and insults being thrown around here.  Internet tough guy?  Ilk?  I hope for your sakes you don't have a habit of greeting perfect strangers in such a way as you have here. Go ahead, be afraid then.   Just don't do it around me.  Look at the Logarithmic values in the following link.  You will see a pattern.  You will see that # of cases flatten out at about 3 weeks. And I still think the way people have panicked in this situation is completely uncalled for.[/size]https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/ 

Fowlmood

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +9/-34
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2020, 11:37:29 AM »

ACTIVE CASES

Currently Infected Patients

[/color]5,540[/size] (100%)
in Mild Condition
[/color]12[/size] (0%)
Serious or Critical

[/color][/color][/size][/size]Feb 15[/size]Feb 18[/size]Feb 21[/size]Feb 24[/size]Feb 27[/size]Mar 01[/size]Mar 04[/size]Mar 07[/size]Mar 10[/size]Mar 13[/size]Mar 16[/size]0[/size]2.5k[/size]5k[/font]

[/size]
CLOSED CASES[/size]

Cases which had an outcome:

[/color]74[/size] (43%)
Recovered / Discharged
97 (57%)
Deaths

Strawman

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +49/-47
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2020, 12:14:45 PM »
A great deal of conjecture and insults being thrown around here.  Internet tough guy?  Ilk?  I hope for your sakes you don't have a habit of greeting perfect strangers in such a way as you have here. Go ahead, be afraid then.   Just don't do it around me.  Look at the Logarithmic values in the following link.  You will see a pattern.  You will see that # of cases flatten out at about 3 weeks. And I still think the way people have panicked in this situation is completely uncalled for.https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/ 

Looking at those numbers the result you mention is due entirely to the extraordinary lockdown measures now being implemented in China, but thanks for playing.

justanotherhockeydad

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +59/-56
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2020, 03:25:08 PM »
A great deal of conjecture and insults being thrown around here.  Internet tough guy?  Ilk?  I hope for your sakes you don't have a habit of greeting perfect strangers in such a way as you have here. Go ahead, be afraid then.   Just don't do it around me.  Look at the Logarithmic values in the following link.  You will see a pattern.  You will see that # of cases flatten out at about 3 weeks. And I still think the way people have panicked in this situation is completely uncalled for.https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/ 
I hope you're right... but if we didn't take drastic measures, 3 weeks can bring an entire country to it's knees.

Italy -

Feb. 25th: 322 confirmed cases, 11 deaths
Mar. 17th: 31,000 confirmed cases, 2500+ deaths

« Last Edit: March 17, 2020, 03:26:18 PM by justanotherhockeydad »

BladesofSteel66

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +29/-22
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2020, 07:13:08 PM »
I greet people based on their actions and in this case, words.  Those words reflect one's character which makes no stranger.  Your dangerous commentary is clearly refuted here and I will continue to accost people who similarly use the same condescending "chicken little" insensitivity with disdain.  Oh, and it's nothing personal, I guess.  Just using facts to justify concern and a healthy message. 

Hockey sophist

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +50/-98
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2020, 08:30:42 AM »
Here is some data for Fowlmood:
"An alarming new poll from NPR, PBS NewsHour and Marist shows that the number of Republicans who believe the virus is a real threat has actually fallen over the past month, from 72 percent in February to just 40 percent now. A majority of Republicans now say the threat has been blown out of proportion — more than double the 23 percent who said so last month."  Washington Post article March 18.   

Let us guess where Fowlmood gets his "science" and information?

Fowlmood

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +9/-34
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2020, 02:40:43 PM »
That's hilarious sophist.  Look where you get your information and you have the gall to make your presumptions about where I get mine???  I enjoy how you make this political, immediately.  Do you look at everyone through those lenses??  Do you compartmentalize all those you meet.  Really sad if you do.  I know that I can still love someone who listens to NPR or Fox News.  To fulfill your science requirement, I cited my source in case you missed this, https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/   
If you took offense to chicken little, just know it was used in general terms.  I still think this doesn't warrant all the chaos and fear that is on display.  Look at the reactions I am getting just from making my opinion known on this board. 
Strawman and everyone else for that matter, look at the South Korea example.  #4 most when this broke, nowhere near that now without lockdown. 

[/size]https://www.aier.org/article/south-korea-preseved-open-infection-rates-are-falling/?fbclid=IwAR0N7Ut37DQrRJK66r-0r8cYBfMeW1UUxGu41IJVA8FsgTm_7MwSzsigeoo

Common sense is staying home if you're sick, taking vitamin c, staying hydrated, getting plenty of rest.  Not running around trying to beat the crap out of someone who took the last role of toilet paper.