Author Topic: AAA versus AA hockey in the age of Covid  (Read 2130 times)

notTHATdad

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +39/-4
Re: AAA versus AA hockey in the age of Covid
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2020, 06:57:36 PM »

Unless they cancelled tournaments, I don't think it would have an impact at all. 4 tournaments, plus championships, 4 games per, that's 20 games or so. The reality with T1EHL is you never play every other team at a tournament.

The risk for travel is real I guess. But  nothing is east of Detroit.

Each team will obviously make their own decision, but one club leaving doesn't make for a 24 team league falling apart.

I misconstrued some information.  However, I do know for a fact that at least 2 teams are not playing in the T1EHL this season.  That could be a trend or just the 2, but it should be a concern if a team depends on those games to flesh out their season.  I have my suspicions that this is more of a trend for 2020 than it is an outlier.  If it ends up being 5 or 8 teams, that would take a pretty large bite out of what was a 13 or so game season last year.  I don't think people should be wringing their hands over it, but consider it "forewarned is forarmed."  People in CA might want to find out what the options are if it's greatly diminished this year.

justanotherhockeydad

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +57/-53
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2020, 03:41:54 PM »
The Ivy League now canceling all fall sports and calling off all other sports until at least Jan 1, 2021. Cornell, Princeton, Yale, Harvard, Brown and Dartmouth all have big time hockey and other major sports programs, how will the fate of sports be decided in other league I wonder...

lcadad

• AHL
  • LR Justice +140/-114
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2020, 10:06:49 PM »
last I heard, most rinks in mich remain closed. californians currently can’t travel to canada, ny, nj or ct without quarantining for 14 days upon arrival. clubs would be wise to be planning for a season that involved mostly (or only) travel within cal, az, nv. maybe tx and colo.

The Chowder cup was just cancelled a few days ago.  The organizers were forced by the state.