This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: Tryouts are pushed agaoin  (Read 76667 times)

hockeypop5792

• Mite
  • LR Justice +11/-23
Re: Tryouts are pushed agaoin
« Reply #285 on: November 24, 2020, 01:25:19 PM »
It's called manipulation and control.  Like the common flu (which kills thousands every year and seems to have completely been forgotten and disregarded from all conversation in the media Covid push) no vaccine WILL EVER resolve this situation.  It is truly inevitable that everyone will catch Covid-19 regardless of how many seasons are canceled, restaurants are closed, jobs and businesses are destroyed and holidays are ruined.  The mask rules are a joke and it is all political. Our fearless Governor is "apparently" now under quarantine with his family likely for damage control for getting publically busted for his hypocrisy and eating out at a dinner party during his push for "health safety."  He will predictably say, "look what happened to me because of the mistakes I made and don't follow my lead...and now let me lock you down and ruin your lives."  We have other "leaders" getting busted for hair days and dining out while forcing those they "lead" to stay home and live by different rules.  We have Cuomo (wanna be mob-boss) getting an EMMY for his ridiculous morning TV speeches, scoldings and proclaimed self-righteousness. And now we will have a vaccine which will be ready in miracle time where kids who have less than approx. 0.006 chance of suffering anything major from Covid will likely be forced to take and prove records of taking before being allowed at their schools or maybe play team sports?  A vaccine or a mask will not save us or get our kids back onto the ice or onto the fields. However, common sense and logic will.

KickSave

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +23/-26
« Reply #286 on: November 24, 2020, 04:49:23 PM »
It’s about keeping our medical system from becoming overwhelmed. This point seems to be lost in all the “everyone is going to get it anyway” speeches.

ohnonotagain

• Mite
  • LR Justice +16/-5
« Reply #287 on: November 24, 2020, 06:43:39 PM »
It’s about keeping our medical system from becoming overwhelmed. This point seems to be lost in all the “everyone is going to get it anyway” speeches.

If that were actually the case to manage capacity, Cali would have opened up much more over the spring/summer while hospital staff were laid off due to lack of demand.  The lockdown in Cali doesn’t correlate at all with hospital capacity.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 08:23:38 PM by ohnonotagain »

5lap5hot

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +9/-7
« Reply #288 on: November 25, 2020, 07:59:06 AM »
"It's called manipulation and control."  This is just deep state BS.  Explain the upside for anyone to keep us from our activities?  Unemployment sucks, people are unhappy, the schools where they learn all of the liberal ideas are all closed, but this is manipulation and control? 

Its really ineptitude all the way around.

hockeypop5792

• Mite
  • LR Justice +11/-23
« Reply #289 on: November 25, 2020, 09:27:04 AM »
If you are talking about ineptitude being all around the politicians then I would have to agree. Otherwise, I beg to differ. Newsome is an "Ass Clown" and should be recalled. I signed my recall form and submitted it with a grin. Apparently more than 50% of the required signatures have been received and the deadline has gratefully been extended until April 2021 (I believe) with special thanks to Covid. Here is a great piece by Congressman McClintock

https://mcclintock.house.gov/newsroom/speeches/in-defense-of-governor-newsom
« Last Edit: November 25, 2020, 09:31:01 AM by hockeypop5792 »

Landshark

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +77/-47
« Reply #290 on: November 26, 2020, 06:59:39 AM »
Happy Thanksgiving all. May we be arguing about something important next year at this time. Like whether the puck crossed the line, if the ref is blind or what line the coaches son should be on.

lcadad

• AHL
  • LR Justice +151/-121
« Reply #291 on: November 26, 2020, 07:43:35 AM »
Happy Thanksgiving all. May we be arguing about something important next year at this time. Like whether the puck crossed the line, if the ref is blind or what line the coaches son should be on.

Amen!

fistocuffs

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +40/-61
« Reply #292 on: November 26, 2020, 12:28:40 PM »
Well.  Nothing is really stopping people that really want to play
I would say get organized and start a league of your own.   Ice may be hard to come by  but you sound very smart and creative. Far smarter then our government

Yuo can form teams   Create a schedule and play some games and get at least your self back To normal. 

You do not really need USA hockey and affiliates to do this for you.  It’s just a game. And anyone can form leagues and run a schedule. You just need some free time and commitment to see it through

Who says you have to conform? 

It's called manipulation and control.  Like the common flu (which kills thousands every year and seems to have completely been forgotten and disregarded from all conversation in the media Covid push) no vaccine WILL EVER resolve this situation.  It is truly inevitable that everyone will catch Covid-19 regardless of how many seasons are canceled, restaurants are closed, jobs and businesses are destroyed and holidays are ruined.  The mask rules are a joke and it is all political. Our fearless Governor is "apparently" now under quarantine with his family likely for damage control for getting publically busted for his hypocrisy and eating out at a dinner party during his push for "health safety."  He will predictably say, "look what happened to me because of the mistakes I made and don't follow my lead...and now let me lock you down and ruin your lives."  We have other "leaders" getting busted for hair days and dining out while forcing those they "lead" to stay home and live by different rules.  We have Cuomo (wanna be mob-boss) getting an EMMY for his ridiculous morning TV speeches, scoldings and proclaimed self-righteousness. And now we will have a vaccine which will be ready in miracle time where kids who have less than approx. 0.006 chance of suffering anything major from Covid will likely be forced to take and prove records of taking before being allowed at their schools or maybe play team sports?  A vaccine or a mask will not save us or get our kids back onto the ice or onto the fields. However, common sense and logic will.

trans4761

• NHL
  • LR Justice +286/-342
« Reply #293 on: November 26, 2020, 05:34:08 PM »
Well.  Nothing is really stopping people that really want to play
I would say get organized and start a league of your own.   Ice may be hard to come by  but you sound very smart and creative. Far smarter then our government

Yuo can form teams   Create a schedule and play some games and get at least your self back To normal. 

You do not really need USA hockey and affiliates to do this for you.  It’s just a game. And anyone can form leagues and run a schedule. You just need some free time and commitment to see it through

Who says you have to conform? 

Insurance