This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: PeeWee AA 21-22  (Read 10027 times)

HockeyGuy-99

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +22/-8
PeeWee AA 21-22
« on: May 10, 2021, 03:49:30 PM »
Any good teams out there?  I wonder how many AA teams will be in the league this year since it appears no one really knows anything still. 

#4BobbyOrr

• Midget
  • LR Justice +98/-106
Re: PeeWee AA 21-22
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2021, 10:33:28 PM »
10 Socal AA teams declared so far
http://scaha.com/scaha/declarations.xhtml

Midgeteh

• Mite
  • LR Justice +0/-1
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2021, 07:56:19 PM »
Anybody scrimmaging prior to Labor Day? 

B-Real

• Mite
  • LR Justice +1/-0
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2021, 11:38:13 AM »
A bunch of undefeated teams matching up in the second CAHA Pre-season weekend on Oct. 8th.
Should be interesting.

B-Real

• Mite
  • LR Justice +1/-0
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2021, 12:01:19 PM »
So these are the teams that are left to compete for the final spots. Any Predictions? Not much separation between all of these teams but only (4) will go through.
Being told seed 5 plays 8 & 6 plays 7 across the division for the first game and that the Play -in is a double elimination style of play. 2- Wins and you're in.
Good Luck to all!

Place   Team        GP   W    L   T   PTS   GF   GA   Diff            Place     Team     GP   W   L   T     PTS     GF     GA     Diff
5       Bears(2)     9     4     3   2   10    47   37   10                    5   GSE(1)      9     3   4   2        8      32    35      -3
6       Ice Dogs(2) 9    4     4   1     9    34   36   -26                   6   Jr. Flyers    9     3   5   1        7      20    33      -13
7        SDIA(1)     9    2      7   0     4    22   49   -27                   7   Bears(1)    9    3   5   1        7       29    43      -14 
8       Jr. Reign      9    2     7   0     4    22   55   -33                   8 Jr. Kings(2)  9     3   6   0        6       33    43     -10

« Last Edit: October 26, 2021, 12:08:54 PM by B-Real »

HockeyGuy-99

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +22/-8
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2021, 12:16:27 PM »
SCAHA Schedule was released for the remainder of the year and imagine many are asking "what did I pay $5-$6k for?"  5 preseason games and 6 regular season games plus a $2,200 team fee for every CAHA weekend. 

Makes me miss Squirts where we played 4 preseason games and 15 regular season games for $1,500-2k less.  'A' teams are getting a total of 20 SCAHA games. 

fistocuffs

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +40/-61
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2021, 03:17:34 PM »
Peewee is not even a National Bound Track to play in.  It baffles me why Peewee AA even exists.   If all the AA teams simply play A - you get 20 games more or less - no caha weekends and 5-6 off weeks to go tournament it up.  then pocket that money or buy some bitcoin.

Gretzky99

• Mite
  • LR Justice +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2021, 04:12:46 PM »
Because the teams in A aren't that good. The teams at AA aren't that good. Only 4 or 5 decent teams. If you want your kid to play good competition than it is the best option. PW AAA is the waste. Only 5 teams? Hardly any games. PWAA will play close to 65 games. PWAAA maybe 35. So tell me what division shouldn't exist. It's AAA.

CAO2001

• Mite
  • LR Justice +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2021, 04:04:11 PM »
I've heard a rumor that CAHA may not have AAA for 11U-13U for 2022-2023 season. That's crazy considering the Jr. Kings 12U AAA Major (2009s) are no. 12 in the country and Jr. Ducks are no. 5. This raises a lot of questions--would those teams stay with CAHA or could they just play Tier 1 EHL? What would the AA landscape be like with those kinds of teams in the mix? And, why eliminate AAA for 11U -- 13U?

HockeyGuy-99

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +22/-8
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2021, 02:07:41 PM »
If those teams stay together they can still be the 5th and 12th best AAA team in the country with one less A in their title.  They'll all get to play more games and they'll be playing against older talented players, unlike minor AAA teams. It'll be like all those squirts jumping up to play peewee A only they wont be playing in what's basically the BB division(bigger, stronger, less talented).  Bigger, stronger more talented and you can still go play AAA anywhere outside the state. 

Deuce

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +6/-4
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2021, 03:19:49 PM »
Has anyone heard that since the minor teams at PW and Bantam will be playing AA only does that mean they are counted as one of the two AA teams a club can have?

If thats the case that means smaller clubs may get more kids who want to play AA but cant make teams at other clubs who would've had one AAA and two AA teams in those age groups but now can only have two teams that are playing AA.

HockeyGuy-99

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +22/-8
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2021, 08:12:39 AM »
Has anyone heard that since the minor teams at PW and Bantam will be playing AA only does that mean they are counted as one of the two AA teams a club can have?

If thats the case that means smaller clubs may get more kids who want to play AA but cant make teams at other clubs who would've had one AAA and two AA teams in those age groups but now can only have two teams that are playing AA.

I don't know the answer to this but this was the first thing I thought of when I read this. 

Ducks and Kings will have a Major and Minor AA team like they do now.  The minor AA team will just be the future AAA team or talented teams that are quick to break up because they aren't given that extra A will get an extra season to stick together if they can handle they empty threat of "you need to come now."  Theoretically the Kings and Ducks should have 2 teams that are capable of taking their shot at CAHA, unlike this season.  Kids that are rushing up to play AA when they're just good A players may just have to skate where they probably should in the 1st place. 

Regardless of how they work this out, get ready for another colorful offseason of musical chairs. 

lcadad

• AHL
  • LR Justice +151/-121
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2021, 11:54:03 AM »
If those teams stay together they can still be the 5th and 12th best AAA team in the country with one less A in their title.  They'll all get to play more games and they'll be playing against older talented players, unlike minor AAA teams. It'll be like all those squirts jumping up to play peewee A only they wont be playing in what's basically the BB division(bigger, stronger, less talented).  Bigger, stronger more talented and you can still go play AAA anywhere outside the state.

If this is true, it's yet another bone headed nonsensical CAHA move.  I'd love to hear the rationalization for once again adding in a wrinkle that literally nobody else in the rest of the USA hockey is doing.

They will not as AA teams, be playing the best AAA teams in the country.  They can go play in AAA tournaments, but those are usually the tournaments with lower echelon AAA teams.  I guess that the Ducks/Kings and Sharks will be dropping out of T1Elite?

Sure they'll be top ranked in AA   ???

There was nothing previously that stopped minor year AAA teams from playing the upper echelon AA teams.  Those games happened on a fairly regular basis in years past.  All this does is unbalance AA, and subject more minor year kids to playing major year kids, and that all too often ends badly. 

The handful of minor year AAA players who are truly exceptional for their age, already play up a year to major year AAA. 

If you really wanted to achieve this goal, you could have the minor year AAA teams play a full season of games against the top 8-10 AA teams (by seeding/record) in much the same way that SCAHA scheduled games in the past for the Lady Ducks AAA teams. 

HockeyGuy-99

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +22/-8
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2021, 12:16:33 PM »

If this is true, it's yet another bone headed nonsensical CAHA move.  I'd love to hear the rationalization for once again adding in a wrinkle that literally nobody else in the rest of the USA hockey is doing.

They will not as AA teams, be playing the best AAA teams in the country.  They can go play in AAA tournaments, but those are usually the tournaments with lower echelon AAA teams.  I guess that the Ducks/Kings and Sharks will be dropping out of T1Elite?

Sure they'll be top ranked in AA   ???

There was nothing previously that stopped minor year AAA teams from playing the upper echelon AA teams.  Those games happened on a fairly regular basis in years past.  All this does is unbalance AA, and subject more minor year kids to playing major year kids, and that all too often ends badly. 

The handful of minor year AAA players who are truly exceptional for their age, already play up a year to major year AAA. 

If you really wanted to achieve this goal, you could have the minor year AAA teams play a full season of games against the top 8-10 AA teams (by seeding/record) in much the same way that SCAHA scheduled games in the past for the Lady Ducks AAA teams.

You can also look at this similar to modern day politics, only concern is money.  Now you have more kids staying in CA and spending their money here at $2,400 a CAHA tournament at the worst and cheapest rinks CA has to offer.  Time for best AAA players to board the Vacaville express!  Who needs Chicago, Detroit, Denver and Boston when you have Vacaville for $800 more than the price of your average tourney?  Maybe they'll be lucky like this years Peewees and go twice. 

As for teams like the 09's Ducks and 09' Kings that are top teams in the country, their top rivals in the country and top 10 teams will continue to see through their loss of an A and will continue to play them whenever they want.  Top teams know each other and they find each other regardless of a stupid technicality like this. 

I don't know the right answer to this so correct me if I'm wrong but I thought T1E doesn't start until 2nd year Bantam, when you can play for a national title. Yes, no?

Knuckle Puck

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +56/-11
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2021, 02:15:29 PM »
this is the way things were until about 10 years ago. there was no minor-year aaa; the best minor birth-year teams played in aa. iirc, in 2012, the first full-roster minor-year birth teams started playing in aaa, but they had to compete in the same division as the major birth-year kids. that didn't work so good, so around 2015 caha introduced 11aaa, 13aaa and 15aaa. going back to having the best minor-year kids playing in aa is not a big deal, imo.