This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: 5 AAA teams  (Read 8357 times)

alfirst

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +16/-39
5 AAA teams
« on: June 08, 2021, 03:51:19 PM »
But with all the turmoil of the prior season (non-season) CAHA came up with 5 AAA teams for Bantam major for upcoming one - answering some of the critique above and beyond...
On top of that almost all of former Ducks 07 are now Fairmont Academy - so informally it's 6 AAA teams.

Plus, of course, tons off-season coaching and players moves (including notoriously discussed leaving CA for prep school)

Any input on that? Pre-season ranking?
 1. Kings
 2. Bears
 3-5 Ducks (diluted by talent left to private academy), Sharks, Reign

Fun 5 team season?

CAHockeyParent

• Mite
  • LR Justice +2/-4
Re: 5 AAA teams
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2021, 08:17:50 PM »
1.) Kings
2.) Bears
3.) Sharks
4.) Ducks
5.) Reign

alfirst

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +16/-39
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2021, 08:35:00 AM »
If games are played next weekend - we’ll have some good grasp on that rating

BladesofSteel66

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +29/-22
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2021, 09:36:12 AM »
All 14UAAA CA teams will be at Riverside for labor Day.  Looks like it's time to put-up or shut-up.  Can't wait!

alfirst

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +16/-39
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2021, 11:39:36 AM »
Not only there - there's schedule on CAHA page - for games at TSC and KHS - don't know though if that's still valid/on

CAHockeyParent

• Mite
  • LR Justice +2/-4
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2021, 10:19:21 PM »
Are all games done?
Any surprises?

BladesofSteel66

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +29/-22
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2021, 09:14:43 AM »
Kings smoked everyone, including the Bears, wasn't even close.  Sharks, Ducks, Reign are all about the same right now, a pick-em. 

alfirst

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +16/-39
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2021, 11:30:45 AM »
Ranking above looks to be accurate;

Kings - added former GSE best scorer in the entire league and some Ducks AAA "remnants" + good core

Bears - somewhat surprised by losing to Kings that much - as they gathered top Bears/Heat and then again some Ducks AAA "remnants" (and the better ones) + some AA who did not make it to Kings AAA. I would expect them to have closer games and better outcome vs Kings along the road

Sharks - their usual AAA team - worse than above 2, better than bottom 2. Couple really nice Ds, not too impressive Fs.

Ducks - as they lost all but 2 AAA guys to academy - it's basically former AA (which was not particularly strong) + plus some nice additions who is ultimately top 6 there - but to play vs seasoned AAA is a tall task for them - at least for now

Reign - usual Reign team - some core former AA, additions from everywhere (some are ok; some won't make good AA teams, one would think), some 08s - hence the result   
« Last Edit: September 07, 2021, 11:31:40 AM by alfirst »

rc_goaliemom

• Mite
  • LR Justice +1/-0
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2021, 01:37:54 PM »
Did you attend all of the games from this weekend? If not, which ones did you watch? I'm just curious your basis for ranking the 5 California AAA's *besides* the obvious team changes/academy departures.

alfirst

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +16/-39
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2021, 01:49:33 PM »
 Saw all the teams, not all the games - anyone saw all the games?

And ranking above was not done by me - I just concur with it as of now

rc_goaliemom

• Mite
  • LR Justice +1/-0
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2021, 02:09:16 PM »
I saw some, agree on Kings/Bears.

CAHockeyParent

• Mite
  • LR Justice +2/-4
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2021, 07:51:58 PM »
Did you attend all of the games from this weekend? If not, which ones did you watch? I'm just curious your basis for ranking the 5 California AAA's *besides* the obvious team changes/academy departures.
I backed my guesses with cheese cake and soda all sugar no substance.

Other than that it was an uneducated guess on seeing no games or rosters just scuttle of potential signings.

alfirst

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +16/-39
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2021, 08:17:36 PM »
And you were right on - good soda…

By the way - the question on attending all games was a tricky one - as some of them were at the same time - so it impossible to attend all of them - I guess that was attempt to figure out “from which camp it is coming…”

Meanwhile I predict the teams will finish in same order - unless some major roster changes happen…

Also - looked at the Kings 06 - now 15U AAA roster and they don’t have at least half of that team that won in Quebec couple year ago and sticked together afterwards.
Where are they? Is it the story of leaving CA? As now IceDogs are stronger than them.
I know it is 1 year up - but maybe someone can answer…

CAHockeyParent

• Mite
  • LR Justice +2/-4
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2021, 08:27:45 PM »
And you were right on - good soda…

By the way - the question on attending all games was a tricky one - as some of them were at the same time - so it impossible to attend all of them - I guess that was attempt to figure out “from which camp it is coming…”

Meanwhile I predict the teams will finish in same order - unless some major roster changes happen…

Also - looked at the Kings 06 - now 15U AAA roster and they don’t have at least half of that team that won in Quebec couple year ago and sticked together afterwards.
Where are they? Is it the story of leaving CA? As now IceDogs are stronger than them.
From what I've gathered it's the leaving California story. If you look at the roster 2 years ago and track the kids, they've def moved up and on.

Not uncommon with the current state of CA Hockey. More so last year due to the fear of no games.

Knuckle Puck

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +56/-11
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2021, 05:52:02 PM »
Also - looked at the Kings 06 - now 15U AAA roster and they don’t have at least half of that team that won in Quebec couple year ago and sticked together afterwards. Where are they? Is it the story of leaving CA? As now IceDogs are stronger than them.
only 3 of the 17 kids from the jk 06 quebec squad remain playing in california; most are playing back east.
also i think only a half dozen of the 06 jr ducks quebec squad are still playing here. :-\