This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: AAA  (Read 4796 times)

HockeyGuy-99

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +22/-8
AAA
« on: April 12, 2022, 04:11:49 PM »
I feel like Oprah just had a CAHA show and everyone in attendance was given a AAA team! 

Midgeteh

• Mite
  • LR Justice +0/-1
Re: AAA
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2022, 09:15:28 PM »

This is the new guidance for AAA:

Part 2: CAHA Rules and Regulations – 2022
Section 8. Youth Tier I (AAA) Classification [size=78%]California Amateur Hockey Association 2022‐2023 Guidebook    page 35[/size]

[size=78%]8.1 CAHA Mission Statement for Tier I[/size]
A high level program whereby a Member Association may recruit and solicit on a statewide basis for
registered players to compete at the highest level of amateur hockey within a specific age division on a
National level.

8.2 Tier I (AAA) Commissioner
A member of the CAHA Youth Council shall be appointed to serve as the Tier I Commissioner. The Tier I
Commissioner shall be responsible for assisting coaches and team officials to abide by USA Hockey and
CAHA rules. The Tier I Commissioner is also responsible for tracking the progress of teams and monitoring
penalties.

8.3 Eligibility for Tier I
8.3‐1 CAHA shall establish the terms that an association must achieve to field state championship
eligible Tier I teams.

8.3‐2 At the 12U thru 14U age divisions eligibility to field Tier 1 teams except as otherwise noted herein,
will be limited to the six (6) Member Associations that had the most registered travel hockey
players in the previous season, from 8U‐19U (Youth and Girls combined).  The calculation will be
based on actual rostered players on each team roster at the end of the previous season as
provided/verified by USA Hockey Pacific District Registrar (Girls Dual rostered on two teams
within the same Member Association shall only be counted once).

8.3‐3 At the 15O thru 18U age divisions eligibility to field Tier 1 teams except as otherwise noted
herein, will be limited to the five (5) Member Associations that had the most registered travel
hockey players in the previous season, from 8U‐19U (Youth and Girls combined).  The calculation
will be based on actual rostered players on each team roster at the end of the previous season as
provided/verified by USA Hockey Pacific District Registrar (Girls Dual rostered on two teams
within the same Member Association shall only be counted once).

8.3‐4 A Member Association NOT one of the largest Member Associations as defined above may submit
a waiver to the CAHA Competition Committee no later than March 31st, requesting to participate
at the Tier 1 level subject to the following terms/conditions;
1. The proposed team must have advanced to Tier 2 Championship game in the prior season.
2. The Member Association requesting a waiver for Tier 1 inclusion must have statements from
the parents of the players for the proposed team stating that if said Member Association is
granted Tier 1 status for the proposed team that said parents intend to stay with said
Member Association to participate on the proposed team.
3. Waiver requests will be reviewed and decided upon by the CAHA Competition Committee,
which shall be comprised of four (4) persons NOT affiliated with ANY Club/Rink, and chaired
by the CAHA President.
4. Waiver request approval shall be to only allow one (1) additional team per age division
(example, if a division has one team from ALL five/six of the largest Member Associations (5
or 6 teams based upon age division as noted above), then approval would result in a
maximum of seven (7) teams in the 12U thru 14U divisions; or a maximum of six (6) teams in
the 15U thru 18U divisions; inversely in a division where less than the maximum number of

HockeyGuy-99

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +22/-8
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2022, 01:19:42 PM »
There should be 3 teams for PeeWee and Bantam, max 4 teams.  Every year the bottom team should face relegation from a club of any size.  The top birthyear team should have a chance to challenge the bottom AAA team. 

I mean if you're AAA you're here to compete and should be up for that challenge.  An end of the year duel to keep or gain a new status.  2 of 3 series. 

B-Real

• Mite
  • LR Justice +1/-0
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2022, 12:35:54 PM »
That makes too much sense.
 You have to design a system where a team that has less than 20 wins all season retains Triple A status by being "Grandfathered" in.
No body earns anything anymore.

JagrBomb

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +5/-0
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2022, 02:26:44 PM »
So now that tryout weekend is over, any thoughts?  For the Bantam Major group, Kings (seemingly a US National team) will be a top 5 team more than likely.  Ducks have had a dramatic roster change with a few kids leaving the state and losing 5 others to either the Kings or Ice Dogs, although it is the only team I haven't seen a roster for outside of the Reign.  CAHA's experiment with AAA should be put to the test with the Wave effort and I haven't heard a peep out of the Reign other than their advertisement for more players on this site yesterday.  Is the experiment over before it began?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2022, 11:24:23 AM by JagrBomb »

KingsOfTheCoast

• Mite
  • LR Justice +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2023, 05:51:27 PM »
AAA teams teams for next season were just announced today by CAHA. Finally stripped Jr Reign of their teams with the exception of 18u. That has been a long time coming. Anyone have a list of what orgs and age levels were awarded teams last year? Seem like more to be but I could be misremembering. Will be interested to see how many of those that were awarded AAA teams actually choose to field them.

HockeyGuy-99

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +22/-8
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2023, 09:41:04 AM »
I don't have last years list.  But based on this years list they only ruined the 13u and 18u division this year by accepting 7 clubs per division. 

For the 13u, maybe it's just a mental transition to drive everyone to the high school league the following year, as they will be used to having a few good players and a bunch of not so good players, all on one team! 

From what I understand all clubs are trying to field teams in these 7 team divisions!  Every 2010 and 2006/2005 left in the state will be a AAA player!  Well done CAHA!  If you thought last years AA division struggled, just wait! 

Deuce

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +6/-4
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2023, 12:19:49 PM »
AAA teams teams for next season were just announced today by CAHA. Finally stripped Jr Reign of their teams with the exception of 18u. That has been a long time coming. Anyone have a list of what orgs and age levels were awarded teams last year? Seem like more to be but I could be misremembering. Will be interested to see how many of those that were awarded AAA teams actually choose to field them.

Anaheim Jr. Ducks (all age divisions)
Los Angeles Jr. Kings (all age divisions)
San Jose Jr. Sharks (all age divisions)
Tr-Valley Blue Devils (all age divisions)***
Ontario Jr. Reign (all age divisions)
California Wave (12U and 14U divisions only)
California Bears (13U* and 150*)
Golden State Elite (16U*)
Ice Dogs (13U**, 14U*, 16U*, and 18U*)
Santa Clarita Flyers (150**)

* Grandfathered from 2021-2022 season approved for 2022-
2023 Tier 1
** Tier 2 Waiver Applicant approved for 2022-2023 Tier 1
*** declined to field Tier 1 teams for 2022-2023 except 12U
« Last Edit: April 05, 2023, 12:21:46 PM by Deuce »