This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: 16AA 2023-24, No more CAHA weekends?  (Read 9707 times)

Oilers_Dad

• Mite
  • LR Justice +0/-0
Re: 16AA 2023-24, No more CAHA weekends?
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2023, 03:15:34 PM »

I was at the Empire/Ducks game... here are a few corrections:

The score was 4-1 going into the 3rd period (note: the Ducks scored with 30-seconds left in the 2nd).  I agree that putting 20 on them is a major stretch.  There were two crossbars/posts by Empire and six or so one-on-zero break-aways that the Empire didn't score on.  By that same token there were two one-on-zero breakaways the Ducks could have easily scored on, but didn't.

Also this was the Empire's 4th scrimmage (including in-house scrimmages vs. Empire 18UAA and Empire 14UAA).  The only other scrimmage was against the Bears 16UAAA which they did, in fact, lose 2-5.  That's the 16UAAA Bears, not AA.

But I agree... its WAY too early to be talking about front-runners.  The Kings always put together solid teams, the Wave are perennial contenders, OCHC has an 08 core that won States last year, and GSE is always at the forefront.  It's going to be an exciting season.  Can't wait for it to officially begin!

Im119-

Were you at the Empire vs Ducks 1 Scrimmage? It doesn't  sound like you were. I did attend since my son played in the game before and it was not exactly as you described.
The score was 2 to 1 Empire leading going into the 3rd period. The Ducks made a goalie change then things went south and the kids gave up. I believe your comment about putting 20 on them was very inaccurate. I was also told that it was Empire's 14th scrimmage and the Ducks first. Just putting that out there.

On another note, Jr. Kings beat the Pats 9 to 2 last week and Empire lost to the Bears 5 to 2 the week before. Not sure if you can really figure out front runners yet.
Goldrush lost all 17 of their 07 players that should have been returning and are still trying to pick up the pieces and meet roster requirements so I have heard.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2023, 04:28:06 PM by Oilers_Dad »

RedRidingHood

• Mite
  • LR Justice +0/-0
« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2023, 11:09:44 AM »
 Just in...

4 teams have been officially notified that they have been selected by the SCAHA board to continue to compete in CAHA and be nationally bound for the remainder of the season.
Teams are Empire, Ducks 1, OC 2 and Wave 1.

Anyone have any thoughts on the picks?

Have any teams been told officially they will not continue for the remainder of the season?

Oilers_Dad

• Mite
  • LR Justice +0/-0
« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2023, 12:56:06 PM »
I agree with those teams.  The Empire, Ducks(1), and OCHC(2) are pretty good teams.  I haven't seen the Wave(1) play yet, but they look pretty good on paper.  The one team I don't get is the Jr. Kings.  They've only played 2 SCAHA games thus far and only 3 ranked games total.  They looked pretty good on ice, but there isn't enough data to properly rank them.

Avery19

• Mite
  • LR Justice +0/-0
« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2023, 10:16:33 AM »
I saw the Kings scrimmage the Pats.  Big and fast.  Had a few very good players in Wave and Heat equipment that were AAA potential.  1 parent said they were mostly 08s. They will be up there with those 4 teams IMHO. 
« Last Edit: October 26, 2023, 10:59:40 AM by Avery19 »

dmbfan32

• Mite
  • LR Justice +0/-0
« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2023, 11:19:07 AM »
Just saw the schedule for the 1st 16U AA weekend in Vacaville for November. Does this mean all the other teams not listed are out? Still confused on how this year is playing out. Teams currently on the schedule (looks like 4 Socal and 4 NorCal teams):

OC 2
Eagles 2
Ducks 1
Eagles 1
Wave 1
Jr Sharks
Empire
Blackhawks

Avery19

• Mite
  • LR Justice +0/-0
« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2023, 12:26:44 PM »
Just saw the schedule for the 1st 16U AA weekend in Vacaville for November. Does this mean all the other teams not listed are out? Still confused on how this year is playing out. Teams currently on the schedule (looks like 4 Socal and 4 NorCal teams):

OC 2
Eagles 2
Ducks 1
Eagles 1
Wave 1
Jr Sharks
Empire
Blackhawks

No.  Those are the theoretical top teams early on.  Top 5 teams in each SCAHA conference advance.  The other teams are traveling to Nor Cal in December.