This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: PWAA 2016-17  (Read 230073 times)

trans4761

• NHL
  • LR Justice +286/-342
Re: PWAA 2016-17
« Reply #195 on: September 08, 2016, 09:26:24 PM »
1ST PICKS OF THE SEASON

IT'S PRE SEASON (DON'T KNOW ALL THE TEAMS YET)

JR DUCKS M-B                     VS                              DA BEARS              JDs BY 3

JR FLYERS                                                               MARINERS             JF BY 3

JR GULLS                              VS                              SAINTS                  SAINTS BY 4

OC BICKS                                                                SDIA                      BICKS BY 3

JK DA                                                                       JK Mc                     MICKEY Ds BY 4

WADA WAVE                         VS                               JD KAB                  WW BY 4

Good luck everyone

reinamadre

• Mite
  • LR Justice +4/-8
« Reply #196 on: September 09, 2016, 11:08:49 AM »
Alot of conjecture Station26 on your part.  It has nothing to do with parental ego.  You are compartmentalizing and generalizing for something you don't know everything about.  Why don't you just try talking to the Wild Cat Parents?  I am sure that you will discover their motivation.  Why don't you research the current Wildcat Tier Programs to discover the facts?  Did you know that in the tier program you can get 6 hours or more[/size] of[/size] high quality  on-ice training along with 5 hours or more of dryland training per week?  It's an open practice schedule with one of the best coaches in Southern California.  So as often as one can attend, one determines the extent of the benefit. So, the focus is different from other clubs.  In life, one does not win all the time.  In fact it is quite the opposite.  Character development is important, facing difficult challenges is paramount toward that end.
Oh FM... so young, so naïve...I am gonna try to put this nicely, though my cabernet usually ends up doing the talking.  Every year BF has a couple OK to decent teams, but the rest he puts way above their ability level and that's why you have blowout games week after week, blowout tournaments (unless it's a WC tournament), and blowout seasons.  Not an opinion, but a fact. Check the SCAHA website if you are in denial.  Where's the development there?  He's been doing this not just this year or last year but ever since he took over the WC 5 years ago. The sad thing is he needs new parents like you to drink the Koolaid, who don't know the travel hockey SoCal scene. Ask around and people in the know will tell you stay away.  If you fall for his spiel, you might get lucky and land on one of the two properly placed teams.  Otherwise brace yourself for the storm, as your kid loses his passion and confidence, because of BF's selfishness.  At our last matchup, I stood silently next to some of your parents and sipped my "coffee".  One said I can't wait for this game to be over, another said I can't wait for this season to be over, another said we're done with hockey, we're going back to baseball.  You really need to look at this objectively, talk to people you trust, outside of Jonestown. Or you and I can do it over a bottle of wine at our next matchup. I would love to free your mind.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 04:24:43 PM by reinamadre »

station26

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +133/-92
« Reply #197 on: September 09, 2016, 03:10:43 PM »
Alot of conjecture Station26 on your part.  It has nothing to do with parental ego.  You are compartmentalizing and generalizing for something you don't know everything about.  Why don't you just try talking to the Wild Cat Parents?  I am sure that you will discover their motivation.  Why don't you research the current Wildcat Tier Programs to discover the facts?  Did you know that in the tier program you can get 6 hours or more[/size] of[/size] high quality  on-ice training along with 5 hours or more of dryland training per week?  It's an open practice schedule with one of the best coaches in Southern California.  So as often as one can attend, one determines the extent of the benefit. So, the focus is different from other clubs.  In life, one does not win all the time.  In fact it is quite the opposite.  Character development is important, facing difficult challenges is paramount toward that end.

Conjecture--- (Synonyms--Speculation, guesswork, surmise, presumption and assumption)...   Yes, I am generalizing, that much is true. I'm generalizing that for example there are in fact parents out there who put their kids in higher levels of hockey than they should. Some should not even be in Tier hockey as they seriously need to still develop their Hockey IQ at the lower levels (like one of my sons for example)!  But to say I'm using conjecture, well no not really. Been around a little while. Seen some things, over and over and over. Seen some coaches fleece people (and still doing it) while telling them their kid is on the cusp of almost being great!! Just stick with it!!! Can you believe the human ego would actually allow that? Of course, what a rhetorical question.

As a couple people already responded with, the end result hardly justifies what you are apparently trying to justify. Fowl if you want to spend your money on that and claim you are getting a good return because of ice time hours, dry land, etc, then by all means its your freewill. Do as you please. But Have you ever played sports as a kid? Did you ever get your ass kicked in a sport as badly as those poor kids are? Do you really think they want to stay with this? Do you think this is fun? So while you seemingly brag about why WC parents do what they do and why they do it, I will respond there is no conjecture at all. The trained eyes already know what its about and have drawn their conclusions. Again, BF needs people like you to believe and a few parents need BF to tell them their kid is as great as THEY think they are!! By the way, is this BF I'm presently talking to..?

I don't personally have a problem with BF other than it just seems so unfortunate that he's selling something that he calls development but young kids don't really know what that necessarily is and they definitely don't like how it feels. But I have to admit, that part may be conjecture as I haven't personally asked any of the 11 or 12 year olds lately.

reinamadre

• Mite
  • LR Justice +4/-8
« Reply #198 on: September 09, 2016, 04:27:22 PM »

Conjecture--- (Synonyms--Speculation, guesswork, surmise, presumption and assumption)...   Yes, I am generalizing, that much is true. I'm generalizing that for example there are in fact parents out there who put their kids in higher levels of hockey than they should. Some should not even be in Tier hockey as they seriously need to still develop their Hockey IQ at the lower levels (like one of my sons for example)!  But to say I'm using conjecture, well no not really. Been around a little while. Seen some things, over and over and over. Seen some coaches fleece people (and still doing it) while telling them their kid is on the cusp of almost being great!! Just stick with it!!! Can you believe the human ego would actually allow that? Of course, what a rhetorical question.

As a couple people already responded with, the end result hardly justifies what you are apparently trying to justify. Fowl if you want to spend your money on that and claim you are getting a good return because of ice time hours, dry land, etc, then by all means its your freewill. Do as you please. But Have you ever played sports as a kid? Did you ever get your ass kicked in a sport as badly as those poor kids are? Do you really think they want to stay with this? Do you think this is fun? So while you seemingly brag about why WC parents do what they do and why they do it, I will respond there is no conjecture at all. The trained eyes already know what its about and have drawn their conclusions. Again, BF needs people like you to believe and a few parents need BF to tell them their kid is as great as THEY think they are!! By the way, is this BF I'm presently talking to..?

I don't personally have a problem with BF other than it just seems so unfortunate that he's selling something that he calls development but young kids don't really know what that necessarily is and they definitely don't like how it feels. But I have to admit, that part may be conjecture as I haven't personally asked any of the 11 or 12 year olds lately.

Station, I was wondering the same thing, Fowl could be BF himself or his associate PE.  Who in their right mind could be so disillusioned?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 04:30:00 PM by reinamadre »

Kangaroo Jack

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +100/-61
« Reply #199 on: September 11, 2016, 03:35:04 PM »
I was told the shit show continued with a solid 14-0 loss. That is a good life lesson for those kids. 
« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 03:38:26 PM by Kangaroo Jack »
I believe in #daddycoaches 🧐

Copernicus

• Mite
  • LR Justice +3/-2
« Reply #200 on: September 11, 2016, 03:44:40 PM »
Saints 8 - Gulls 2

justanotherhockeydad

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +59/-56
« Reply #201 on: September 11, 2016, 04:36:52 PM »
OCHC 5 - SDIA 0

LetsGoRangers

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +12/-12
« Reply #202 on: September 11, 2016, 04:59:08 PM »
JRK Mcd 3 - JRK Pitcher  2

White Skates

• Mite
  • LR Justice +1/-0
« Reply #203 on: September 13, 2016, 11:00:04 AM »
Anyone know how the Flyers - Mariners game shook out?

lcadad

• AHL
  • LR Justice +151/-121
« Reply #204 on: September 13, 2016, 12:12:43 PM »

Fairly close game for most of it with relatively equal shots on goal, but Mariners put up 3 in the 3rd to win 5-2.

area51

• Midget
  • LR Justice +82/-61
« Reply #205 on: September 13, 2016, 12:15:34 PM »

Fairly close game for most of it with relatively equal shots on goal, but Mariners put up 3 in the 3rd to win 5-2.
They should combine those teams and make one competitive Peewee AA team and a Peewee A team. Flip a coin for which club gets the AA team  ;D

White Skates

• Mite
  • LR Justice +1/-0
« Reply #206 on: September 13, 2016, 12:39:22 PM »

Thanks for the update!!  Wow, that's a bit surprising of an outcome.  Quite the rally!

Handboni

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +9/-15
« Reply #207 on: September 13, 2016, 02:34:32 PM »

That is a very interesting result, given that many of the former Riptide players who were going to be part the Mariners AA team left with the former Riptide coaches to join the Flyers.

Pistonkev

• AHL
  • LR Justice +157/-30
« Reply #208 on: September 13, 2016, 02:48:37 PM »

That is a very interesting result, given that many of the former Riptide players who were going to be part the Mariners AA team left with the former Riptide coaches to join the Flyers.

They have two former Riptide players and a real good coach.

Just Saying

« Reply #209 on: September 13, 2016, 05:12:41 PM »

They have two former Riptide players and a real good coach.

Several kids came from Bears as well.