This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: Bantam AA 16/17  (Read 159074 times)

MO-ICETIME

• Midget
  • LR Justice +22/-24
Re: Bantam AA 16/17
« Reply #90 on: August 27, 2016, 08:43:45 PM »
So can someone confirm that we only have two pre season games now? What's going on with that? Were just keep losing games.

Check with your Club Pres on that.

Pistonkev

• AHL
  • LR Justice +157/-30
« Reply #91 on: August 27, 2016, 09:15:52 PM »
So can someone confirm that we only have two pre season games now? What's going on with that? Were just keep losing games.

It's all across the board in AA

MO-ICETIME

• Midget
  • LR Justice +22/-24
« Reply #92 on: August 28, 2016, 12:08:13 AM »

I see that. You asked for confirmation? I'm saying if you want to know why, I'd recommend talking to your club pres. I have learned it's a good place to start asking if you really want to know. After all, all rules are voted on by them.

MO-ICETIME

• Midget
  • LR Justice +22/-24
« Reply #93 on: August 28, 2016, 12:10:27 AM »

I know, that I'd want to know why only 2 games, that's for sure.

BlindZebras

• AHL
  • LR Justice +121/-201
« Reply #94 on: August 29, 2016, 09:34:16 AM »
Let's not forget that this Wave coach was one of the coaches allegedly fired from the Ice Dogs last season for shopping teams. This seems to be a fair application of the PDR rule based on the history of this team's coach. Unfortunately, to punish those who don't follow the rules or act in an ethical manner ultimately ends up punishing others.
I'm not sure we're talking about the same coach.  My understanding is that the Artesia Wave BN AA (now BN A) coach was with the JR Ducks last several years.  He supposedly got a one-year suspension by the club for Safe Sport misconduct but opted to quit and coach elsewhere, and in the process brought several JR Ducks kids with him.  This threw off the PDR percentage but they were perfectly willing to forego a playoff berth in order to play AA, but (again, allegedly) the PDR committee changed the rule this summer disallowing them from participating in AA at all.  I have no confirmation for these rumors, hence the use of the term "rumors", just spoke with an involved parent...
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 09:36:19 AM by BlindZebras »

Ziegler

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +28/-13
« Reply #95 on: August 29, 2016, 09:46:50 AM »
If this is indeed true, the best part of the story is the multiple parents following a coach who violated safe sport misconduct.

Tripod

• Mite
  • LR Justice +3/-1
« Reply #96 on: August 29, 2016, 10:36:02 AM »
If this is indeed true, the best part of the story is the multiple parents following a coach who violated safe sport misconduct.

Maybe PDR should be tied to the coach and not the players if the clubs are trying to prevent coaches from taking players en masse.  Kind of like how sales or marketing people often cannot take their client lists to competing companies. 

Ziegler

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +28/-13
« Reply #97 on: August 29, 2016, 10:37:39 AM »
I think the current rule in place is that if a coach exits and goes to another team the max he can take from the old team is 5 or 6. Not sure if that has been revised.

BigDuke6

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +21/-14
« Reply #98 on: August 29, 2016, 11:25:57 AM »
I thought it was less than that, maybe 3, but I believe that particular rule does exist.

BBNMCAS

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +8/-6
« Reply #99 on: August 29, 2016, 12:26:43 PM »
Let's not forget that this Wave coach was one of the coaches allegedly fired from the Ice Dogs last season for shopping teams. This seems to be a fair application of the PDR rule based on the history of this team's coach. Unfortunately, to punish those who don't follow the rules or act in an ethical manner ultimately ends up punishing others.
I'm not sure we're talking about the same coach.  My understanding is that the Artesia Wave BN AA (now BN A) coach was with the JR Ducks last several years.  He supposedly got a one-year suspension by the club for Safe Sport misconduct but opted to quit and coach elsewhere, and in the process brought several JR Ducks kids with him.  This threw off the PDR percentage but they were perfectly willing to forego a playoff berth in order to play AA, but (again, allegedly) the PDR committee changed the rule this summer disallowing them from participating in AA at all.  I have no confirmation for these rumors, hence the use of the term "rumors", just spoke with an involved parent...

From what I understand the "head" coach was with the Ice Dogs but the coach running the show was with JR Ducks.

BlindZebras

• AHL
  • LR Justice +121/-201
« Reply #100 on: August 29, 2016, 12:49:39 PM »

From what I understand the "head" coach was with the Ice Dogs but the coach running the show was with JR Ducks.
Judging by their current website, I'm inclined to agree with you.  If there is any truth to the Safe Sport violation, I'm surprised another club would want anything to do with that coach, same goes for the parents.  Oh well, to each their own.

trans4761

• NHL
  • LR Justice +286/-342
« Reply #101 on: August 29, 2016, 01:10:41 PM »
I'm not sure we're talking about the same coach.  My understanding is that the Artesia Wave BN AA (now BN A) coach was with the JR Ducks last several years.  He supposedly got a one-year suspension by the club for Safe 0Sport misconduct but opted to quit and coach elsewhere, and in the process brought several JR Ducks kids with him.  This threw off the PDR percentage but they were perfectly willing to forego a playoff berth in order to play AA, but (again, allegedly) the PDR committee changed the rule this summer disallowing them from participating in AA at all.  I have no confirmation for these rumors, hence the use of the term "rumors", just spoke with an involved parent...

Judging by their current website, I'm inclined to agree with you.  If there is any truth to the Safe Sport violation, I'm surprised another club would want anything to do with that coach, same goes for the parents.  Oh well, to each their own.
From my understanding, there was a SS violation, but nothing "major".  Probably something most people on this board have done 😋,
Either way, if my lil Gretzkie was playing Bantam A, I would be telling him that he's playing for 2nd place. It's too bad that the spite of a club, would affect the balance of a division. Jmo

BBNMCAS

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +8/-6
« Reply #102 on: August 29, 2016, 01:53:46 PM »
Another bit of information I've heard is that each team is playing 5 preseason games to give SCAHA a true understanding of where teams should play.  I think they're are trying to avoid what happened with Riptide last season. (PW AA playing in A)  I think after the preseason SCAHA will consider moving that Wave team up to AA based on the scores. I sure hope so...

BlindZebras

• AHL
  • LR Justice +121/-201
« Reply #103 on: August 29, 2016, 02:17:54 PM »
Hmmm, I don't know what I'm missing, but when I just checked the iScaha site I am only seeing 2 or 3 preseason games in Bantam AA depending on which team you're looking at.  And who decides which teams get 2 games vs. 3 games?

Maverick

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +27/-11
« Reply #104 on: August 29, 2016, 02:27:24 PM »
I'm not sure we're talking about the same coach.  My understanding is that the Artesia Wave BN AA (now BN A) coach was with the JR Ducks last several years.  He supposedly got a one-year suspension by the club for Safe 0Sport misconduct but opted to quit and coach elsewhere, and in the process brought several JR Ducks kids with him.  This threw off the PDR percentage but they were perfectly willing to forego a playoff berth in order to play AA, but (again, allegedly) the PDR committee changed the rule this summer disallowing them from participating in AA at all.  I have no confirmation for these rumors, hence the use of the term "rumors", just spoke with an involved parent...

From my understanding, there was a SS violation, but nothing "major".  Probably something most people on this board have done 😋,
Either way, if my lil Gretzkie was playing Bantam A, I would be telling him that he's playing for 2nd place. It's too bad that the spite of a club, would affect the balance of a division. Jmo

Agree the SS violation couldn't have been that bad, or he would be out.  Probably no attendant or a phone in room, and the coach gets the infraction.