This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: Pee Wee A 2016-17  (Read 334617 times)

Hockey05

• Midget
  • LR Justice +59/-33
Re: Pee Wee A 2016-17
« Reply #390 on: November 27, 2016, 09:01:26 AM »
At Toyota Center and other rinks, the OC1 made the final against the Heat.  Maybe an OC parent or a JK2 parent can comment on what happened immediately following their game.  I heard an OC parent tried to climb over the short side of the glass at KHS rink 2 to speak with or have an up close and personal conversation with a ref.  Another OC parent pulled him off the boards and then sucker punched him.  He hit him with his ring finger hand in the head and blood was everywhere.  The OC beat the Kings 2, 3-0. 

justanotherhockeydad

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +59/-56
« Reply #391 on: November 27, 2016, 12:26:06 PM »
At Toyota Center and other rinks, the OC1 made the final against the Heat. 

OC2 at Toyota tourney. OC1 is in SD.

station26

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +133/-92
« Reply #392 on: November 27, 2016, 04:46:45 PM »
At Toyota Center and other rinks, the OC1 made the final against the Heat.  Maybe an OC parent or a JK2 parent can comment on what happened immediately following their game.  I heard an OC parent tried to climb over the short side of the glass at KHS rink 2 to speak with or have an up close and personal conversation with a ref.  Another OC parent pulled him off the boards and then sucker punched him.  He hit him with his ring finger hand in the head and blood was everywhere.  The OC beat the Kings 2, 3-0.

If TRUE..........Just the latest affirmation why it pays to be selective who you hang out with in this crazy sport .... I would normally say Unbelievable but this is actually very believable.. Lord have mercy... all over 12 year old hockey at the "A" level. I get there's some reffs that are Horrid (One female in particular and we all know who I'm talking about) but man.!! A punch to the head of your own teams dad?

MO-ICETIME

• Midget
  • LR Justice +22/-24
« Reply #393 on: November 27, 2016, 05:22:23 PM »

If TRUE..........Just the latest affirmation why it pays to be selective who you hang out with in this crazy sport .... I would normally say Unbelievable but this is actually very believable.. Lord have mercy... all over 12 year old hockey at the "A" level. I get there's some reffs that are Horrid (One female in particular and we all know who I'm talking about) but man.!! A punch to the head of your own teams dad?

Haha! S26 who would that ref be in wonder??

Hockey sophist

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +50/-98
« Reply #394 on: November 28, 2016, 12:03:18 AM »

OC1 pwa played in San Diego.   There are 3 OC pwa teams.   Get the correct identity please.   OC1 played a sensational game against SDIA ending in a 0-0 tie.  Great goal keeping for both teams.

Avcadet

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +7/-7
« Reply #395 on: November 28, 2016, 10:56:49 AM »
I was not there but it is my understanding that all of the negative and hostile activity was the result of the same individual including the sucker punch to an OC2 player's relative who then tried to defend himself. All other OC parents involved had been trying to remove this individual from the rink before thing escalated even more.

Be assured that this individual's behavior does reflect how the OC2 parents as a group behave and how they support the team.

That being said, OC2 played a great tournament with 5 wins (4 of which were shutouts) and only allowing 1 goal vs. Kings.

Ziegler

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +28/-13
« Reply #396 on: November 28, 2016, 01:31:54 PM »
Any word if OC will report this individual to SCAHA? Parents who have done way less that that have been barred from the rink and put on the website suspension list.

station26

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +133/-92
« Reply #397 on: November 28, 2016, 09:04:44 PM »
Sounds like he needs to be. Apparently he is a problem child who has difficulty controlling himself. I get the feeling the OC staff is tiring of this individual quickly and he has worn out his welcome. Back to Riverside! If that's even an option.

ABCDE

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +25/-8
« Reply #398 on: November 28, 2016, 11:16:33 PM »
I can't decide what shocks me more...  that some idiot parent does this when the team is winning or that there hasn't been more bashing comments on this incident resulting in the person being outed.  Parents behaving badly is comedy gold on this site! These kids are 10-12!  What the hell is going through your head to do this??

MO-ICETIME

• Midget
  • LR Justice +22/-24
« Reply #399 on: November 29, 2016, 07:44:26 AM »
Sounds like he needs to be. Apparently he is a problem child who has difficulty controlling himself. I get the feeling the OC staff is tiring of this individual quickly and he has worn out his welcome. Back to Riverside! If that's even an option.

They should flat out be tired now. This doesn't seem to be new, but a trend if it's the parent I'm thinking of! What are they waiting for???

area51

• Midget
  • LR Justice +82/-61
« Reply #400 on: November 29, 2016, 09:10:47 AM »
They can suspend the parent from all games and practices, if he's not OK with that, then they can cut the kid by 12/1 and he can resign with another A team by 12/31. Eight months is a long time to deal with problem parents, sounds like he's worn out his welcome! It just sucks for the kid. Kid would probably be happy if his Dad couldn't come to his games, if he goes to another club, Dad will embarrass his son there as well  :(

Ziegler

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +28/-13
« Reply #401 on: November 29, 2016, 09:40:00 AM »
If I'm not mistaken....If he is cut and signs with a new club he would not be eligible for post season play with his new team due to the lack of games played with that club. If that is correct that will go over well with Daddy.

• Midget
  • LR Justice +36/-53
  • So how about it boys? Look like hockey to you?
« Reply #402 on: November 29, 2016, 09:44:42 AM »
I would have thought that the referee would have ejected this spectator, which would have been a match penalty requiring a SCAHA hearing and take it out of the club's hands.  Regarding the kid's playoff eligibility, don't tournament games count? 

Looking over the tournament weekend, it looks like the gaps between teams are closing.  Saw/heard of a lot of tight games and split decisions.  The games that I saw just reinforced that the difference between the top and bottom teams this year can be one or two players.  Look what two PWAA players did for the Saints.  Saw the Bears play a mediocre game against the Saints, which they lost in the last 15 seconds of the game.  Saw them also turn in the best PW A game I have seen this year later that night against OC3.  Thought sure that they would have beaten the Eagles, but the Eagles seem to be  a much improved team.   

« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 09:47:07 AM by 6607 »

area51

• Midget
  • LR Justice +82/-61
« Reply #403 on: November 29, 2016, 09:44:56 AM »
He needs to be rostered with another team by 12/31 and play 10 games (reg season, scrimmage, tournament) to be playoff eligible. But what team will want that Dad around?

MO-ICETIME

• Midget
  • LR Justice +22/-24
« Reply #404 on: November 29, 2016, 10:07:30 AM »
I would have thought that the referee would have ejected this spectator, which would have been a match penalty requiring a SCAHA hearing and take it out of the club's hands.  Regarding the kid's playoff eligibility, don't tournament games count? 

Looking over the tournament weekend, it looks like the gaps between teams are closing.  Saw/heard of a lot of tight games and split decisions.  The games that I saw just reinforced that the difference between the top and bottom teams this year can be one or two players.  Look what two PWAA players did for the Saints.  Saw the Bears play a mediocre game against the Saints, which they lost in the last 15 seconds of the game.  Saw them also turn in the best PW A game I have seen this year later that night against OC3.  Thought sure that they would have beaten the Eagles, but the Eagles seem to be  a much improved team.

I have to agree with all of your points. I've seen parents receive a match for way less!

this tournament weekend featured alot of revenge matches and seems the teams didn't take the teams they beat too serious this go around. I'm going to hold my opinion until after this next week of games; but watching closely I will do! <My best Yoda voice>