This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: Pee Wee A 2016-17  (Read 334583 times)

Wildwinger

• Mite
  • LR Justice +8/-1
Re: Pee Wee A 2016-17
« Reply #405 on: November 29, 2016, 12:16:16 PM »
In talking with an OC parent from the team, said that the irate parent sucker punched the other OC parent who was coming over to help separate him from the referee. The irate guy then took off from the rink before the police could be called and he left his kid behind at the rink. Just like a thug,  Great parenting.......... hope that SCAHA and the  OC club take appropiate action and  ban this clown for years to come........... Other clubs take note and beware of this family...............hes been trouble before at IceTown..........

Sucks for the boys at OC2 who looked to have had a good tournament, and now the attention is on this topic instead..............
« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 12:18:13 PM by Wildwinger »

Avcadet

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +7/-7
« Reply #406 on: November 29, 2016, 01:15:59 PM »
I would have thought that the referee would have ejected this spectator, which would have been a match penalty requiring a SCAHA hearing and take it out of the club's hands.  Regarding the kid's playoff eligibility, don't tournament games count? 

Looking over the tournament weekend, it looks like the gaps between teams are closing.  Saw/heard of a lot of tight games and split decisions.  The games that I saw just reinforced that the difference between the top and bottom teams this year can be one or two players.  Look what two PWAA players did for the Saints.  Saw the Bears play a mediocre game against the Saints, which they lost in the last 15 seconds of the game.  Saw them also turn in the best PW A game I have seen this year later that night against OC3.  Thought sure that they would have beaten the Eagles, but the Eagles seem to be  a much improved team.

How can two AA players on the Saints play down for the tournament? It is my understanding that you can always play up but not down.

• Midget
  • LR Justice +36/-53
  • So how about it boys? Look like hockey to you?
« Reply #407 on: November 29, 2016, 01:25:11 PM »
I don't know how it was that the AA players were allowed to be on the Saints roster.  I do know that the tournament acceptance letter was pretty clear that rostering such players was not allowed.  Perhaps the tournament made an exception for them so that the team could make?  Perhaps the coach or manager didn't realize it was not allowed?  Perhaps it is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission...

kingsofthe951

• Mite
  • LR Justice +17/-11
« Reply #408 on: November 29, 2016, 01:35:58 PM »
Or maybe some teams are trying to make excuses as to why they had problems with a team who is 1 and 5??????????? Come on now!!!!!  That rule is a standard rule and would need a release letter from the team I would assume...............

Transplant

• Mite
  • LR Justice +1/-4
« Reply #409 on: November 29, 2016, 01:55:52 PM »
I would have thought that the referee would have ejected this spectator, which would have been a match penalty requiring a SCAHA hearing and take it out of the club's hands.  Regarding the kid's playoff eligibility, don't tournament games count? 

Looking over the tournament weekend, it looks like the gaps between teams are closing.  Saw/heard of a lot of tight games and split decisions.  The games that I saw just reinforced that the difference between the top and bottom teams this year can be one or two players.  Look what two PWAA players did for the Saints.  Saw the Bears play a mediocre game against the Saints, which they lost in the last 15 seconds of the game.  Saw them also turn in the best PW A game I have seen this year later that night against OC3.  Thought sure that they would have beaten the Eagles, but the Eagles seem to be  a much improved team.

How can two AA players on the Saints play down for the tournament? It is my understanding that you can always play up but not down.

Wondering the exact same thing.  Same thing happened in Bantam B division of Tinseltown tournament.  The team that brought the higher-level players won every game until the final which they lost 0-4 according to the website.  Either the website was wrong or the tournament organizers made them play the last game without the extra bodies is my guess.  Very easy to verify, players were on the SCAHA A roster.

SkatingDad

• Midget
  • LR Justice +60/-91
« Reply #410 on: November 29, 2016, 02:31:54 PM »
Or maybe some teams are trying to make excuses as to why they had problems with a team who is 1 and 5? ??? ??? ??? ? Come on now!!!!!  That rule is a standard rule and would need a release letter from the team I would assume...............

Saints roster 14 skaters for SCAHA. They rostered 10 skaters for the tournament and 2 of those are not on the SCAHA roster.  If the Saints only brought their top 8 skaters and rounded out their roster with 2 AA kids, they would be a much better team. They had 2 lines consisting of top players and they would be on the ice at all times.  I have seen both the Saint's SCAHA and tournament teams and they most definitely had better tournament team. However, I do not believe they affected the outcome as they lost in the semi finals to the tournament favorite and winner.

MO-ICETIME

• Midget
  • LR Justice +22/-24
« Reply #411 on: November 29, 2016, 03:43:30 PM »
I don't know how it was that the AA players were allowed to be on the Saints roster.  I do know that the tournament acceptance letter was pretty clear that rostering such players was not allowed.  Perhaps the tournament made an exception for them so that the team could make?  Perhaps the coach or manager didn't realize it was not allowed?  Perhaps it is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission...

It's all about playing different teams over the holidays and Kingofthe951,  I didn't hear parents nor coaches complaining. It is what it is.. and I think when 6607 and I spoke <wink> I think it was you, it was more about what was the actual rule? But hey, I get it that if Saints need a few players to field a team and the AA's were just sitting around get the team going. On to the SCAHA season....
« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 09:21:13 PM by MO-ICETIME »

• Midget
  • LR Justice +36/-53
« Reply #412 on: December 01, 2016, 01:20:40 PM »
Kind of quiet for the week after a tournament.  Let's stir the pot up a bit if we can.

1.  Heard third-hand that OC1 has added a d-man this week.  Any word out of Lake Forest on whether he or she is an impact player for them?

2.  Skates was quick to find OC 3's 5 to 1 win over Kings 2 a couple weeks back disappointing, but no comment on OC2 only winning 3-0 over Kings 2 at the tournament.  I don't really buy into GD, but Skates' numbers seems to place a high value on it.  Congrats, btw, to OC2 for dominaiting the Kings tournament.

3.  Maybe someone from the Runtso team would like to comment on their semi final game.  Almost an upset there, but Runtso's team is clearly the team to beat so far.

4.  Anyone who attended Escondido want to comment upon prevailing opinion on SDIA playing down?  Were the games SDIA played close, apart from the OC1 tie?

5.  With regard to the Saints adding two AA players for the tournament, I have no sour grapes against the kids.  They all played hard from the puck drop to the final buzzer and their tenacity got them two extra points that got them into the semis.  Rather than argue about ethics, was curious whether people think that the four games with the AA players will have helped them, hurt them, or have no affect on them?  I use to think that "guest" players would be beneficial, but now lean in the other direction.  Would rather that the team get four more games playing as a team, than relying on other kids to provide the structure on the ice. 

6.  Both the Eagles and Kings 1 look to have greatly improved since September.  Anyone want to comment?

7.  Looking early at next season, any word on whether CAHA has revisited CAHA weekends/AA scheduling?

Avcadet

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +7/-7
« Reply #413 on: December 01, 2016, 03:08:25 PM »
I was impressed when my son's team played the Saints. Even though down the whole game, the Saints never gave up and pushed hard right up to the end. That is a very admirable trait. 

4minuteminor

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +9/-115
« Reply #414 on: December 01, 2016, 08:46:26 PM »
Kind of quiet for the week after a tournament.  Let's stir the pot up a bit if we can.

4.  Anyone who attended Escondido want to comment upon prevailing opinion on SDIA playing down?  Were the games SDIA played close, apart from the OC1 tie?

Taking a AA team and staying home to play a A tournament seems like something the WC would do.

kingsofthe951

• Mite
  • LR Justice +17/-11
« Reply #415 on: December 02, 2016, 09:13:51 AM »

2.  Skates was quick to find OC 3's 5 to 1 win over Kings 2 a couple weeks back disappointing, but no comment on OC2 only winning 3-0 over Kings 2 at the tournament.  I don't really buy into GD, but Skates' numbers seems to place a high value on it.  Congrats, btw, to OC2 for dominaiting the Kings tournament.

3.  Maybe someone from the Runtso team would like to comment on their semi final game.  Almost an upset there, but Runtso's team is clearly the team to beat so far.

5.  With regard to the Saints adding two AA players for the tournament, I have no sour grapes against the kids.  They all played hard from the puck drop to the final buzzer and their tenacity got them two extra points that got them into the semis.  Rather than argue about ethics, was curious whether people think that the four games with the AA players will have helped them, hurt them, or have no affect on them?  I use to think that "guest" players would be beneficial, but now lean in the other direction.  Would rather that the team get four more games playing as a team, than relying on other kids to provide the structure on the ice. 

6.  Both the Eagles and Kings 1 look to have greatly improved since September.  Anyone want to comment?

I think Kings2 had two AA players on the squad   ;D ..............   last two games between JK2 and OC2 teams has been 10-0, 18-0 if you add the pre season game.............. I wouldnt read too much into that  3-0 score.....    As far as Kings1 improving, they went 1-4 in Thanksgiving and only managed to beat JK2 1-0 with a -7 goals . How is that improvement :o ??? ?? I see A lot of favoritism to the JK club...........oh well....  it will be disappointing for them in the end........... Credit to the Eagles they do look like they are improving.........
« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 11:25:14 AM by kingsofthe951 »

• Midget
  • LR Justice +36/-53
« Reply #416 on: December 02, 2016, 10:25:12 AM »
I have not seen Kings 1 play yet, but they had a pretty strong run from the end of the preseason until a couple weeks ago, which out performed what I thought they would do.  Some people on this board who have played them see them as a Top 4  team.  So yes, I think it is fair to say that they have improved.     

MO-ICETIME

• Midget
  • LR Justice +22/-24
« Reply #417 on: December 02, 2016, 10:58:07 AM »
I have not seen Kings 1 play yet, but they had a pretty strong run from the end of the preseason until a couple weeks ago, which out performed what I thought they would do.  Some people on this board who have played them see them as a Top 4  team.  So yes, I think it is fair to say that they have improved.   

I have seen them play and I have heard that they have been playing Preseason and most of the early regular season without a complete roster. Maybe some Kings fans can confirm; but that would attribute to them getting stronger. Now factoring in the Thanksgiving showing... I just am at a loss for words on what happened there! Also before they played the Bears, they were a top 4 team in the standings.

I'm not going to factor Thanksgiving into things too much! Teams got what they got from it, so i'll be looking to see how that translates this coming weekend.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 12:55:19 PM by MO-ICETIME »

MO-ICETIME

• Midget
  • LR Justice +22/-24
« Reply #418 on: December 02, 2016, 12:53:55 PM »
Here is what I'll be looking for this weekend:

Bears vs Wildcats(3):
Will the Wildcats continue to show their week over week improvement? Should be a great game!

Blaze vs Condors:
I just realized that the Blaze are tied for the 8th spot but after the Condors, their schedule looks pretty brutal. The Condors have been in every game with the exception of playing on the "Pond" against the Eagles (that's should be a different topic to post). Could be a big W for the Condors.

Kings(1) vs Kings(2):
Will the real Kings please step forward? I'll be looking to see how the Kings1 look and if they are back on track.

Lady Ducks vs OCHC1:
Do the Lady Ducks field the same team each week? I know a few of them play on AA teams so maybe they don't make every game? This would make their games hard to judge.

Gulls vs Leafs:
This should be a great match up. Are the Gulls improving? After this game we should know more about them.

Ducks2 vs Wave2:
How close can the Wav2 keep it?

Wave1 vs Saints:
The Saints are a scrappy quick little team. I haven't seen Wave1 play, but they seem to be on a roll right now. Can the Wave1 keep it going?

Ducks1 vs OCHC3:
Another good game to watch. OCHC3 is a team you can't skip over! the Ducks1 will have to come to play.

Heat vs OCHC2:
Here we are again asking the same thing with the Heat... This is a good match up of mainly 04's... So can the Heat keep the momentum going? They already tied a top 4 team....

A Lot of games that could have that "Any given Sunday" feel to it! Good luck everyone!

skates

« Reply #419 on: December 03, 2016, 04:14:41 PM »
Okay here it goes.....

Bears vs. wildcats. Bears by 2 if they have all their players

Blaze vs Jr Condors - Jr Condors by 3

Kings 1 vs kings 2 - kings 1 by 5

Lady ducks vs OC 1 - lady ducks by 2 if they have all their players

Gulls vs leafs - leaves by 3

Ducks 2 vs wave 2 - Ducks 2 by 6

Wave 1 vs saints - wave 1 by 3 - wave 1 looked like they did good in the Thanksgiving tournament but according to their tournament roster they added a player or two.

Ducks 1 vs OC 3 - ducks 1 by 2 - will OC be able to hang on? Probably not.

Heat vs OC2 - OC by 4

Good luck to everyone!