This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: Pee Wee A 2016-17  (Read 337867 times)

nirradus

• Mite
  • LR Justice +9/-7
Re: Pee Wee A 2016-17
« Reply #330 on: October 23, 2016, 08:03:44 PM »
4-2 Junior Ducks 1 over Bears. Very competitive game.

Hockey sophist

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +50/-98
« Reply #331 on: October 23, 2016, 11:03:40 PM »

OC 1 over Heat 4-1.   Skates you nailed the point spread.   Heat was a decent team.

I hear OC1 (Silver) is supposedly the best of the 3 OCHC PWA teams and one of the top dogs in the division. I know Heat can play, so was the game lopsided or pretty even mostly?

The score probably reflects where the two teams are at this point.   2-0 in period 1, 0-0 in period 2 (a very close and competitive period), and 2-1 in period 3.    OC got scoring from where they need to in order to compete but failed to convert on several power plays.   OC defense is in process of becoming good but gave up some breakaways and saved the day through great hustle.   Unlike "Skates", I would not pay much attention to Labor Day tournament scores or even pre-season games.    The teams that will dominate PWA will be those that evolve through good coaching and player development.   All the OC teams have a shot and the Heat are not far behind each of them -- now.   

• Midget
  • LR Justice +36/-53
  • So how about it boys? Look like hockey to you?
« Reply #332 on: October 24, 2016, 07:25:07 AM »
IMHO, Top Dogs right now are Ducks 2 and Ducks 1, which makes this weekend quite interesting. 

White Skates

• Mite
  • LR Justice +1/-0
« Reply #333 on: October 24, 2016, 09:43:17 AM »

OC 1 over Heat 4-1.   Skates you nailed the point spread.   Heat was a decent team.

I hear OC1 (Silver) is supposedly the best of the 3 OCHC PWA teams and one of the top dogs in the division. I know Heat can play, so was the game lopsided or pretty even mostly?

The score probably reflects where the two teams are at this point.   2-0 in period 1, 0-0 in period 2 (a very close and competitive period), and 2-1 in period 3.    OC got scoring from where they need to in order to compete but failed to convert on several power plays.   OC defense is in process of becoming good but gave up some breakaways and saved the day through great hustle.   Unlike "Skates", I would not pay much attention to Labor Day tournament scores or even pre-season games.    The teams that will dominate PWA will be those that evolve through good coaching and player development.   All the OC teams have a shot and the Heat are not far behind each of them -- now.

Just curious, but if not paying attention to LD tourney and pre-season, like Skates, how do you rate Heat being up there with the OC teams?  They did well in pre-season (but against I think 3 teams that are now B) and so-so in LD, and lost both reg. season games. 

For that matter, however, not sure how Skates predicts these so well if one does consider LD and pre-season!! 
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 09:43:51 AM by White Skates »

Hockey sophist

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +50/-98
« Reply #334 on: October 24, 2016, 11:22:14 AM »

Just curious, but if not paying attention to LD tourney and pre-season, like Skates, how do you rate Heat being up there with the OC teams?  They did well in pre-season (but against I think 3 teams that are now B) and so-so in LD, and lost both reg. season games. 

For that matter, however, not sure how Skates predicts these so well if one does consider LD and pre-season!!

Good point.   Perhaps I was being overly polite to a Heat team that played hard even if out-gunned enough to lose by 3.   Want to say my, "Eye test" but perhaps it is a "blind eye."   

If OC1 had played as poorly as they did in their last preseason game, the outcome could have been different.   The teams have some random variation in their performance which makes forecasting outcomes difficult.    Judging from one of the OC1 players that I know and love, he can vary widely in his play.   He is just 11 so it is part of the development process.   As Deming might observe applying his ideas to athletic performance, variation is negative.   It is also unavoidable for most of them.  It may also be part of the process of development. Part of what separates a AAA from an A might be that the triple A's are more consistent. 

station26

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +133/-92
« Reply #335 on: October 24, 2016, 03:31:49 PM »
perfectly explained

Handboni

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +9/-15
« Reply #336 on: October 24, 2016, 04:33:54 PM »

Good point.   Perhaps I was being overly polite to a Heat team that played hard even if out-gunned enough to lose by 3.   Want to say my, "Eye test" but perhaps it is a "blind eye."   

If OC1 had played as poorly as they did in their last preseason game, the outcome could have been different.   The teams have some random variation in their performance which makes forecasting outcomes difficult.    Judging from one of the OC1 players that I know and love, he can vary widely in his play.   He is just 11 so it is part of the development process.   As Deming might observe applying his ideas to athletic performance, variation is negative.   It is also unavoidable for most of them.  It may also be part of the process of development. Part of what separates a AAA from an A might be that the triple A's are more consistent. 

Consistency is what separates NHL players!  Allstars are the most consistent, where lesser professional players are not as consistent.  I've always believed that the top youth teams are simply more consistent in their quality play.

White Skates

• Mite
  • LR Justice +1/-0
« Reply #337 on: October 29, 2016, 10:17:46 AM »
Skates ........ whatsay you about this weekend's match ups?!!

skates

« Reply #338 on: October 29, 2016, 10:29:02 PM »
Okay, I will try and take a guess at a few for this weekend.  I have been really busy this week and not a whole lot of time to look at my numbers.

OC 1 vs Eagles OC 1 by 4
Jr ducks 1 vs Jr ducks 2. Jr ducks 1 by 2.
OC 3 vs Wave 3 hmmm this one is hard. Wave 3 has not played very many strong teams. And OC 3 forwards get over powered easily by bigger teams. This one I am m going to take a big gamble. Wave 3 by 2.
Jr Kings 1 vs Condors. Jr Kings 1 by 4.

MO-ICETIME

• Midget
  • LR Justice +22/-24
« Reply #339 on: October 30, 2016, 02:04:06 PM »
Looking forward to the score updates? Looks like some good hockey should be played today!

Bears over OCHC2 6-4 in a very good competitive game!

• Midget
  • LR Justice +36/-53
  • So how about it boys? Look like hockey to you?
« Reply #340 on: October 30, 2016, 03:23:49 PM »
OCHC3 over Wave 3, score 4 to 2.  Not as close as the score.

Rainman

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +10/-4
« Reply #341 on: October 30, 2016, 05:20:43 PM »
OC1 and Eagles tied 6-6

skates

« Reply #342 on: October 31, 2016, 10:02:52 PM »
Wow! My predictions were way off this past weekend.  That's what happens when you rush looking at stats.  I will need to carefully analyze for next week.

MO-ICETIME

• Midget
  • LR Justice +22/-24
« Reply #343 on: October 31, 2016, 10:33:21 PM »
Wow! My predictions were way off this past weekend.  That's what happens when you rush looking at stats.  I will need to carefully analyze for next week.

We'll give you a pass for last week! LOL!

station26

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +133/-92
« Reply #344 on: October 31, 2016, 11:09:42 PM »

You surprised me with that Wave3 Pick.. win By 2? That's a big differential considering the preseason game was won by OC 6 to 2..   That would have been 6 point turnaround.. Teams change during the season but 6 points difference is a lot.