This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: Pee Wee A 2016-17  (Read 337168 times)

White Skates

• Mite
  • LR Justice +1/-0
Re: Pee Wee A 2016-17
« Reply #480 on: January 08, 2017, 02:53:28 PM »
Kings 1 beat Heat 5-2

Wildwinger

• Mite
  • LR Justice +8/-1
« Reply #481 on: January 08, 2017, 05:30:55 PM »
OC2 over Ontario Wave 6-3

MO-ICETIME

• Midget
  • LR Justice +22/-24
« Reply #482 on: January 08, 2017, 10:47:59 PM »
Heard Ducks2 over Bears 4-2. Will be interesting to see when they play aging at full strength, but heard a good game by both teams kids!
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 08:55:10 AM by MO-ICETIME »

Hockey sophist

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +50/-98
« Reply #483 on: January 09, 2017, 07:52:16 AM »
OC1 over Saints 7-0.   Good weekend for the OC teams.   

• Midget
  • LR Justice +36/-53
  • So how about it boys? Look like hockey to you?
« Reply #484 on: January 09, 2017, 08:43:17 AM »
Looking at the standings, it looks like strength of schedule will be an enormous factor in the last few playoff spots.  A real shame, there are 15 regular season games and 3 byes.  Those 3 byes could have been used to make sure that every team played every team and taken strength of schedule out of the equation.

SkatingDad

• Midget
  • LR Justice +60/-91
« Reply #485 on: January 09, 2017, 01:49:20 PM »
Heard Ducks2 over Bears 4-2. Will be interesting to see when they play aging at full strength, but heard a good game by both teams kids!

Looking back the Bears always seem to be "missing kids" when they play top teams.  Just saying...

MO-ICETIME

• Midget
  • LR Justice +22/-24
« Reply #486 on: January 09, 2017, 04:33:18 PM »

Looking back the Bears always seem to be "missing kids" when they play top teams.  Just saying...
Really? Seemed to only happen 1 other time and it was against Wave (Ont) over Thanksgiving.. A top team? Humm?? When they played OCHC3, it was presumed they were missing kids, but was a full roster; so again.. Humm?? Just saying....
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 04:43:06 PM by MO-ICETIME »

Ziegler

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +28/-13
« Reply #487 on: January 09, 2017, 05:23:33 PM »
Injuries, sickness or suspension?

skates

« Reply #488 on: January 09, 2017, 09:55:35 PM »
Looking at the standings, it looks like strength of schedule will be an enormous factor in the last few playoff spots.  A real shame, there are 15 regular season games and 3 byes.  Those 3 byes could have been used to make sure that every team played every team and taken strength of schedule out of the equation.

Sounds like your on a team that is desperately trying to make playoffs and probably won't so you have to make excuses. Just win your games then you would at least be in the top 8.

skates

« Reply #489 on: January 09, 2017, 10:01:52 PM »
So I guess my picks last week were not that accurate but I was rooting for the underdog in most cases and lost. Guess I will have to do a better pick for next weekend. 

Hmmm it appears after last weeks games, OC 2 has taken 1st place.  Their defense is strong. And their  forwards are coming through for them when needed.

It appears to me that there really are only Top 6 teams and then the rest are fighting just to survive making a playoff spot. Should be an interesting 2nd half of the season. Good luck!

• Midget
  • LR Justice +36/-53
  • So how about it boys? Look like hockey to you?
« Reply #490 on: January 10, 2017, 10:22:40 AM »
Yes, Skates, not much of a surprise that my son's team is in the battle for one of the last playoff spots.  Yes, for their sake it would have been nice if every team could have been given the same path to the playoffs (like all of the teams in your kid's Squirt A division), particularly when there were the bye weeks on the calendar to do it.  But why wouldn't more hockey and an even playing field be a good thing for everyone?

I don't feel the need to make an excuse for my son's team.  To date, they've given everyone their money's worth.  They are showing a lot of development during the course of the season.  And they will get their chance to play all of the playoff contenders during the regular season.  Wouldn't have that any other way. 

SkatingDad

• Midget
  • LR Justice +60/-91
« Reply #491 on: January 10, 2017, 11:09:10 AM »
So I guess my picks last week were not that accurate but I was rooting for the underdog in most cases and lost. Guess I will have to do a better pick for next weekend. 

Hmmm it appears after last weeks games, OC 2 has taken 1st place.  Their defense is strong. And their  forwards are coming through for them when needed.

It appears to me that there really are only Top 6 teams and then the rest are fighting just to survive making a playoff spot. Should be an interesting 2nd half of the season. Good luck!

OC2 vs Ducks2 in two weeks should be a great game.  They have the same system and both rely heavy on their defense and goaltending. I expect it to be a low scoring game and it will most likely set the first seed.

nirradus

• Mite
  • LR Justice +9/-7
« Reply #492 on: January 10, 2017, 12:23:36 PM »

It's true, the Bears were missing two kids but that's not to take anything away from the Ducks. It was a tight game, 2-2 going into the 3rd period I believe. The Ducks played a very solid, disciplined game and they were the better team yesterday. You won't hear us griping about it or making excuses. They beat us fair and square.

Wildwinger

• Mite
  • LR Justice +8/-1
« Reply #493 on: January 10, 2017, 02:09:22 PM »

OC2 vs Ducks2 in two weeks should be a great game.  They have the same system and both rely heavy on their defense and goaltending. I expect it to be a low scoring game and it will most likely set the first seed.

HMMM  they rely heavy on their defense? ??? ??? ??? ? They are the top scoring team. I think their offense is their defense....... Having played against them, they have small defense who are a bit on the slow side.  If it weren't for their very fast forwards the defense would be in a lot of trouble. Their defense is the weakness of the team......... OC2 will fall from first place anyways, all of the top teams have fallen from it this year..........That game vs Ducks will be a good one though...........
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 02:10:38 PM by Wildwinger »

station26

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +133/-92
« Reply #494 on: January 10, 2017, 06:03:52 PM »

Sounds like your on a team that is desperately trying to make playoffs and probably won't so you have to make excuses. Just win your games then you would at least be in the top 8.

As much as some of your past posts have bored me, I'll agree with you on this one. Play the game right (especially this deep into the season) and you wont have to worry about strength of schedule as much. Breakdowns, poor back-check and lack of basic passing will happen but when it happens to the degree it does with them, you will struggle against good to decent teams.