This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: Pee Wee A 2016-17  (Read 336811 times)

skates

Re: Pee Wee A 2016-17
« Reply #630 on: February 28, 2017, 11:08:27 PM »
Maybe Wave 1 should of played Squirt A for this season since they did well in a squirt tournament.  They might of had a better season and could of made playoffs.

• Midget
  • LR Justice +36/-53
  • So how about it boys? Look like hockey to you?
« Reply #631 on: March 01, 2017, 06:50:59 AM »
They were just fine at Pee Wee and won a Pee Wee A tournament the week before.  There was nothing to be proven or accomplished by playing at Squirt A (and, of course, several of the players are not Squirt age).  This team would have coasted through Squirt A while demolishing the competition.   
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 08:51:13 AM by 6607 »

SkatingDad

• Midget
  • LR Justice +60/-91
« Reply #632 on: March 02, 2017, 09:01:56 AM »
To add a little confusing context, when my son's team (not the Wave) requested over the summer that they get a bye week on a particular weekend, we were told that SCAHA does not accept or grant such requests.

But Mo Icetime is spot on about the Wave organization. There were a lot of interesting story lines coming out of the Wave this year.  In addition to this and the Bantam A/AA's, the Calder PWAA team was rendered ineligible for the playoffs due to PDR issues.  And Ontario Wave families were only told a few days before tryouts last June that there would not be an AA team out of Ontario.

This is a theme with the Wave year-in and year-out.  Those of us who have been on this board and the previous one knows this to be true.  The Wave ether do not understand the rules or believe they do not apply to them.

skates

« Reply #633 on: March 02, 2017, 09:44:12 AM »
They were just fine at Pee Wee and won a Pee Wee A tournament the week before.  There was nothing to be proven or accomplished by playing at Squirt A (and, of course, several of the players are not Squirt age).  This team would have coasted through Squirt A while demolishing the competition.   

I disagree. They would of been a competitor for sure in Squirt A. I don't think they would of crushed all those teams. Remember I have a squirt player. They didn't make playoffs for PW A and were really competitive with the bottom half of the teams. They only had a few 04's and 05's that could of played on another team that wouldn't of had to forfeit a game.  Instead their season is being cut short. Just think if they would of played Squirt A! They could of been on their way to playoffs and the experience of a state championship game. Instead they will be attending clinics.

Does anyone know the score of the Jr Kings 1 game?

trans4761

• NHL
  • LR Justice +286/-342
« Reply #634 on: March 02, 2017, 11:10:31 AM »
To add a little confusing context, when my son's team (not the Wave) requested over the summer that they get a bye week on a particular weekend, we were told that SCAHA does not accept or grant such requests.

But Mo Icetime is spot on about the Wave organization. There were a lot of interesting story lines coming out of the Wave this year.  In addition to this and the Bantam A/AA's, the Calder PWAA team was rendered ineligible for the playoffs due to PDR issues.  And Ontario Wave families were only told a few days before tryouts last June that there would not be an AA team out of Ontario.

This is a theme with the Wave year-in and year-out.  Those of us who have been on this board and the previous one knows this to be true.  The Wave ether do not understand the rules or believe they do not apply to them.
Come on SK !!!!

Sounds like someone a little bitter.

b77

• Mite
  • LR Justice +5/-1
« Reply #635 on: March 02, 2017, 11:49:02 AM »

They didn't make playoffs for PW A and were really competitive with the bottom half of the teams.

I know it bugs you that a team with a bunch of 06s played peewee A. And as much as you want to believe they were not competitive in the division, the fact of the matter is they were.

They beat Ducks 1 twice, Maple leafs (by 8 in a scrimmage), OCHC 3.

They tied Eagles and OCHC 1.

Those are playoff teams.

They lost to the Bears by 2 and the Ducks 2 by 1. Those are arguably the best two teams in the division and the Wave went toe to toe against them. (They never played OCHC 2).

Teams close to making the playoffs like the Gulls they beat three times and Wildcats twice.

To imply the team was only competitive with the bottom half of teams is just stupid.

Don't forget in the infinite wisdom of SCAHA we got to play the Bears and Ducks 2 on the same day 3 hours apart.

Then got to travel to the Eagles to play in a rink that isn't suitable for a Free skate.

Just to be clear there is not drama on our team or club.  We applied for a tournament  (FARGO) and were approved and then after we notified SCAHA that the tournament was approved but they had scheduled a game they revoked the tournament waiver. (all good live and learn I guess)

Don't worry Skates we will be fine. See everybody in the Spring

SkatingDad

• Midget
  • LR Justice +60/-91
« Reply #636 on: March 02, 2017, 01:11:57 PM »

Not bitter, just an observation...

Come on SK !!!!

Sounds like someone a little bitter.

Not bitter, just an observation...
« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 01:12:47 PM by SkatingDad »

Icelife

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +6/-4
« Reply #637 on: March 02, 2017, 02:31:19 PM »
Seems weird to me as to why the schedule couldn't have been flip flopped as OC2 plays both Wave teams on their ice the last two weeks of the season. Seems like a pretty simple switch to accommodate the tournament.

Let's all remember, these are kids!

Avcadet

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +7/-7
« Reply #638 on: March 03, 2017, 08:57:01 AM »

They didn't make playoffs for PW A and were really competitive with the bottom half of the teams.

I know it bugs you that a team with a bunch of 06s played peewee A. And as much as you want to believe they were not competitive in the division, the fact of the matter is they were.

Those are playoff teams.

They lost to the Bears by 2 and the Ducks 2 by 1. Those are arguably the best two teams in the division and the Wave went toe to toe against them. (They never played OCHC 2).

Teams close to making the playoffs like the Gulls they beat three times and Wildcats twice.

To imply the team was only competitive with the bottom half of teams is just stupid.
Arguably, OCHC2 is right up there with Ducks 2 who they beat 3 to 1 and Bears who they recently beat 1 to 0 in Phoenix. They are a very solid team.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 09:37:08 AM by Avcadet »

station26

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +133/-92
« Reply #639 on: March 04, 2017, 06:38:38 PM »

Those are playoff teams.

Actually the team might not be as good after all since they play the one kid 67 minutes a game (obvious daddy coach situation there) but give entertainment props to them as I think its the mom of same kid that has without question the second filthiest female mouth in So Cal Hockey....

Icelife

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +6/-4
« Reply #640 on: March 04, 2017, 08:09:57 PM »
What team are you referring to?
Let's all remember, these are kids!

skates

« Reply #641 on: March 05, 2017, 06:53:53 AM »

Those are playoff teams.

Arguably, OCHC2 is right up there with Ducks 2 who they beat 3 to 1 and Bears who they recently beat 1 to 0 in Phoenix. They are a very solid team.

If they were competitive, they would of made playoffs., and Rumor has it, the tournaments they won, they had kids added to their roster.

Anyhow, here are my final picks for today:

Wave 1 vs. OC1 : OC 1 by 3

Saints vs Jr. Ducks 2 - Jr. Ducks 2 by 5

OC2 vs Wave 2: OC2 by 4

OC 3 vs Eagles: Will OC3 be able to hold onto the 8th spot? (Game of the week!)

Kings 2 vs. condors - Condors by 2

Kings 1 vs Wave 3 - (Will Kings 1 be able to hold on for a chance at the 8th spot? They must win or tie this game and hope OC3 loses today - Game of the week)

Bears vs Gulls: Bears by 2

Blaze Vs Heat: Heat by 2

Good luck to everyone! And good luck to the top 8 teams!

• Midget
  • LR Justice +36/-53
  • So how about it boys? Look like hockey to you?
« Reply #642 on: March 05, 2017, 08:17:43 AM »
OC2 is a very strong team, and easily within the Top 3, and a strong case for number 1.  The best games I have seen played this season involved the Bears and OC2, either against each other, or against my son's team.  The Bears, I think, play a better brand of team hockey, but are too dependent on their top player in the close game.  OC2 has more players who can score the go ahead goal but has more independent contractors.  OC2 is also very physical.  My guess is that refs will be less likely to make calls on these physical plays in the playoffs, which should work to OC2's advantage.

Regarding the Wave, there is a difference between being competitive and making the playoffs.  Wave 1 was clearly a playoff contender for a lot of the season.  If only the playoff teams were "competitive" and deserved to be in the division, then PWA would be like Squirt A this year where everybody makes the playoffs. And if you are going to pick on teams that should not have been in the division and who were not competitive, there are many better candidates.

Hockey sophist

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +50/-98
« Reply #643 on: March 05, 2017, 10:14:50 AM »

If they were competitive, they would of made playoffs.

What an absolutely asinine comment. Skates, you've been a hater all year. Why so mad, bro? Bummed your 06 ain't good enough?

Wave 1 lost to OC1 early this morning 3-5.   They were down 0-3 but fought back.  As an OC parent, I would say that they are competitive and good enough to have made the playoffs.   They are one of the best skating teams in PWA in terms of speed and stick handling.   The game was in doubt until the last minute when OC1 scored on an empty goal.   They also have good balance across their lines.   

skates

« Reply #644 on: March 05, 2017, 12:52:00 PM »

If they were competitive, they would of made playoffs.

What an absolutely asinine comment. Skates, you've been a hater all year. Why so mad, bro? Bummed your 06 ain't good enough?

Oops I hit a nerve! lol! Nah my Squirt didn't even try out for the Wave! Nor would I want him too. Take away 2 of their players and they would of been bottom 4. No I am not a hater, just too much hype about them when they didn't even make the playoffs.