This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: Pee Wee A 2016-17  (Read 337080 times)

nirradus

• Mite
  • LR Justice +9/-7
Re: Pee Wee A 2016-17
« Reply #690 on: March 13, 2017, 08:22:05 AM »
Eh. Nothing against the Eagles at all but it was less about their 'outstanding PWA hockey' and more about the Bears lack of focus. Bears pretty much dominated them the entire game EXCEPT for a 40 second stretch very late in the third period. Bears were up 4-2 with about 3 minutes remaining and then in a 45 second stretch gave up 3 very quick goals which was less about amazing play by the Eagles and more about the Bears thinking they had the game in hand. Uncharacteristic of them for sure but of course they are 11-12 and these things are bound to occur at the worst possible times. And yes the Eagles took full advantage so kudos to them. Good luck to all semi final teams next week.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 08:23:55 AM by nirradus »

• Midget
  • LR Justice +36/-53
  • So how about it boys? Look like hockey to you?
« Reply #691 on: March 13, 2017, 11:30:00 AM »
Bears are without a doubt a great team and its all well and fine for the team to tell itself that they dominated but lost.  Bottom line is that Bears didn't just lose the game in a 45 second stretch.  They lost when they did not put the game out of reach in the span during which you believe they were dominating.  And for all the Bears just lost focus for 45 seconds mantra, the flip side is that while the Bears did not keep focus while they were on the way to the win, the Eagles kept their focus while losing.  Congrats and good luck to both teams!

Wildwinger

• Mite
  • LR Justice +8/-1
« Reply #692 on: March 13, 2017, 11:38:39 AM »
Speaking of keeping focus, WTH happened to OC2??????????? what a smackdown!!!!!!!!  8-2  ??????? pretty embarrassing at this stage of the game. Not very elite or dominant as they were considered to be I guess..............

nirradus

• Mite
  • LR Justice +9/-7
« Reply #693 on: March 13, 2017, 12:08:12 PM »
Bears are without a doubt a great team and its all well and fine for the team to tell itself that they dominated but lost.  Bottom line is that Bears didn't just lose the game in a 45 second stretch.  They lost when they did not put the game out of reach in the span during which you believe they were dominating.  And for all the Bears just lost focus for 45 seconds mantra, the flip side is that while the Bears did not keep focus while they were on the way to the win, the Eagles kept their focus while losing.  Congrats and good luck to both teams!

Haha. Okay then. I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

• Midget
  • LR Justice +36/-53
  • So how about it boys? Look like hockey to you?
« Reply #694 on: March 13, 2017, 12:15:07 PM »
Yep.  Btw, the best games I saw played all year were by the Bears.  Looks like what I thought would be the final is now a semifinal.  Good luck!

SkatingDad

• Midget
  • LR Justice +60/-91
« Reply #695 on: March 13, 2017, 12:16:32 PM »
Speaking of keeping focus, WTH happened to OC2? ??? ??? ??? ? what a smackdown!!!!!!!!  8-2  ??? ??? ? pretty embarrassing at this stage of the game. Not very elite or dominant as they were considered to be I guess..............

It was a nothing game for OC2 and the last game of the season for Ducks 2.

It would appear that the Ducks 2 played lose which they should have done for the two previous games.

Wildwinger

• Mite
  • LR Justice +8/-1
« Reply #696 on: March 13, 2017, 12:34:31 PM »
So what you are saying is OC2 didnt care about this game and were willing to accept 8 goals in the process instead of playing with pride, going undefeated, and proving why they where considered top contenders???????  Not very logical IMO. I get it to some point (not really) its a nothing game at that point. But 8 goals???? and you only score 2????   Bears should have a feast on this team....... Bears Vs Leafs in the final

MO-ICETIME

• Midget
  • LR Justice +22/-24
« Reply #697 on: March 13, 2017, 12:41:08 PM »
I'll say that with both Eagles and Bears playing knowing they were both going to advance; they both played strong and credit to both coaches and kids for that. They played like it was win or go home and to 6677 point - Although Bears had majority puck control throughout the game, you have to give credit to the Eagles for keeping it out of the net during that stretch! They never gave up and it's a lesson learned... Just glad that lesson didn't cost the kids from moving on to the next round! LOL!
« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 12:42:45 PM by MO-ICETIME »

station26

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +133/-92
« Reply #698 on: March 13, 2017, 01:34:09 PM »
Eagles Over Leafs..... Bears over OC2 (because OC will take a bad penalty at a very bad time and it will cost them).

Bears over Eagles in final in what will be a very good game.

Wildwinger

• Mite
  • LR Justice +8/-1
« Reply #699 on: March 13, 2017, 06:21:41 PM »
Well skates by the quick and defensive reply im sure you must have some stock in this team. Was it too soon for you? Is that but whipping still a ache?

Now speaking of sitting on the couch, if you had time to go through my posts I pity your pathetic life. Your probably some fat NHL wannabe dad who sucked and now is sitting at home stuffing ding dongs in your mouth as you pretend they  are pucks. You live vicariously through your kid and can't stand to be called out on a 8-2 score that probably makes you think and have flashbacks of your own failures on the ice....

Now as far as jealousy for your team, none, zero buddy. I wouldn't want my kids on your team full of drama. Parents fighting parents, parents trying to fight referees, parents talking trash to kids on other teams, and a coach who stirred up his own drama in Phoenix and made the team and club look bad... yes not a very good role model for kids their.  I know about that too skates.... and you can keep it all

Skates get a life....it's a post on a surprising score that I'm sure a lot of people did not expect....
« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 06:29:28 PM by Wildwinger »

skates

« Reply #700 on: March 13, 2017, 06:27:12 PM »

Wildwinger you seem to be a OC2 hater and real curious about them, because if you look at all of your posts, you are always first to post their score for the weekend. You must be extremely jealous of this team. They must of beat your team and must be sitting on the couch eating potato chips because your team didn't even make it to the playoffs. But for you to say they are not elite or dominant, just shows for some reason you must be jealous!! 

Oops! Wildwinger hit a nerve! lol!

Oh my, wildwinger didn't hit a nerve, buy you just did. Just because I look at stats, and know that kids are kids, you assume wildwinger hit a nerve.  I just think that grown adults that live through their kids, like wildwinger, have to degrade other kids to make them feel better and to keep the focus on their Johnny. Wildwinger is probably sitting back making excuses why their team did not make playoffs. Because it couldn't be their Johnnys fault, since their kid is the superstar. 

nirradus

• Mite
  • LR Justice +9/-7
« Reply #701 on: March 13, 2017, 07:08:22 PM »
Hahahahahaha!!!! You folks are hi-larious!

Lookit, to some extent we all live vicariously through our kids and if you think you don't you're lying to yourself. For me personally it's NHL or bust. Anything less than that would be a total and complete failure both by me and my kid. I put a ton of pressure on him and am very critical of his gameplay, but I find that's the only way to get him to improve. Sometimes if he plays particularly bad I'll withhold a meal. I also find it effective to yell at him in front of his teammates. To my thinking youth hockey isn't about fun, it's about molding a future NHL player. But that's just what works for me and my kid. And if you doubt my methods I don't care. We're still playing so it's clear to me I'm doing something right.

Pistonkev

• AHL
  • LR Justice +157/-30
« Reply #702 on: March 13, 2017, 07:45:10 PM »
Hahahahahaha!!!! You folks are hi-larious!

Lookit, to some extent we all live vicariously through our kids and if you think you don't you're lying to yourself. For me personally it's NHL or bust. Anything less than that would be a total and complete failure both by me and my kid. I put a ton of pressure on him and am very critical of his gameplay, but I find that's the only way to get him to improve. Sometimes if he plays particularly bad I'll withhold a meal. I also find it effective to yell at him in front of his teammates. To my thinking youth hockey isn't about fun, it's about molding a future NHL player. But that's just what works for me and my kid. And if you doubt my methods I don't care. We're still playing so it's clear to me I'm doing something right.

Are you in favor of car coaching? Is it best just to tell your child to ignore the coach and listen to you? I think we can all learn from what you have figured out.

nirradus

• Mite
  • LR Justice +9/-7
« Reply #703 on: March 13, 2017, 08:03:26 PM »
Are you in favor of car coaching? Is it best just to tell your child to ignore the coach and listen to you? I think we can all learn from what you have figured out.

Well let's face it, most of these coaches really have no idea what they're doing or talking about. So while I wouldn't go as far as saying I'm into car coaching my son knows that when his coach is full of it he can basically ignore whatever the guy says. I know you're being sarcastic saying you could learn from me, but the truth is you really could learn from me. My kid is a bonafide star and for certain a future NHL'er so I say unto you -- isn't it obvious I'm on the right track??
« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 08:04:56 PM by nirradus »

trans4761

• NHL
  • LR Justice +286/-342
« Reply #704 on: March 13, 2017, 08:31:56 PM »
Well skates by the quick and defensive reply im sure you must have some stock in this team. Was it too soon for you? Is that but whipping still a ache?

Now speaking of sitting on the couch, if you had time to go through my posts I pity your pathetic life. Your probably some fat NHL wannabe dad who sucked and now is sitting at home stuffing ding dongs in your mouth as you pretend they  are pucks. You live vicariously through your kid and can't stand to be called out on a 8-2 score that probably makes you think and have flashbacks of your own failures on the ice....

Now as far as jealousy for your team, none, zero buddy. I wouldn't want my kids on your team full of drama. Parents fighting parents, parents trying to fight referees, parents talking trash to kids on other teams, and a coach who stirred up his own drama in Phoenix and made the team and club look bad... yes not a very good role model for kids their.  I know about that too skates.... and you can keep it all

Skates get a life....it's a post on a surprising score that I'm sure a lot of people did not expect....
Classic post !!

Top 10......brought a tear to my eye......Shades of Zamboni Driver with less mizsspellingz.

BACK TO THE SQ THREAD SKATES !!
« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 08:36:59 PM by trans4761 »