This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: Squirt A 2016-17  (Read 294069 times)

Disco Dan

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +17/-32
Re: Squirt A 2016-17
« Reply #480 on: December 02, 2016, 08:33:46 PM »
I'm not following anyone's logic regarding the Duck/Wave breakdown. Last time I checked, hockey was a team sport. Plays revolve around the whole line not just who got the goal and as we all know sometimes the whole play was started by the kid who doesn't get the goal or the assist. I'm not saying the Wave players didn't look great, they did and most shifts they did carry the line but there were also three other players on the ice contributing. To say the Ducks only scored 2 goals would only be true if there were no Duck players on the ice when the Wave players scored their goals. For a team without any play prior to yesterday, they didn't look that bad. The Jr. Kings kids should be disaapointed with the game, to be together for as long as they have to have such a close game is tough. They looked fast but I truthfully haven't seen the improvement from preseason that I have with some of the other SCHA teams. JMO

The logic is pretty simple, EK is double and triple shifting the Wave line and sometimes the Ducks A line.  Ducks parents in the organization are rightfully upset with this type of decision making.  It sends a horrible message to the parents (as previously stated) and makes it look like the Ducks cabinets are bare (which we know isn't true).  There's a reason they're 0-2 and it's not for lack of talent...
« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 09:44:18 PM by Disco Dan »

Tommy, The Bomber

« Reply #481 on: December 02, 2016, 10:07:45 PM »
BobbyOrr & Disco Dan, look at the bright at least they covered the spread in both games. Someone made money. I actually think the Jr. Kings should be the 2007 Brick team and than add some players from other teams. They one thing the Kings do exceptionally well is move the puck. That's what a lot of teams are missing.

goalie_dad

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +17/-8
« Reply #482 on: December 03, 2016, 12:09:37 AM »
Looks like Ducks had scoring but not as strong on defense based on shot totals from the Gulls game.  Most likely the Brick team will be primarily made up of kids on the "Ducks" and Kings.  They will need stronger goaltending as the defense will not be strong.

Tommy, The Bomber

« Reply #483 on: December 03, 2016, 07:59:21 AM »
Let give everyone the link for the Live Stream. Coronadoproductions.com
Let me start by saying im glad the Kings haven't improved, cause if they havent reached their ceiling we are all in trouble. They are better than the Gulls and the Gulls are really good.

Hockeymomx

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +5/-0
« Reply #484 on: December 03, 2016, 10:44:46 AM »
Jr Ducks 11 Jr Coyotes 3

Tommy, The Bomber

« Reply #485 on: December 03, 2016, 11:19:03 AM »
Brick Team got it's 1st win. Congrats, now let's see if they can muster up one more win today to get to .500.

Just Saying

« Reply #486 on: December 03, 2016, 01:59:39 PM »
Looks like SoCal (San Diego is SoCal, right?) is crushing it. Hey, how come no teams from Canada? Jr. Canucks have something else to do this weekend?

Ziegler

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +28/-13
« Reply #487 on: December 03, 2016, 03:37:55 PM »
 I don't believe there is a jr Canucks team during the season. Just made up for brick only. Also BC hockey region places kids on teams based on your home address not where you want to go. Kids are forced to play for a specific team until spring when they are released and can join all star squads.  That's why cali teams that like to travel to BC wait until the season is over and vice versa.

Tommy, The Bomber

« Reply #488 on: December 03, 2016, 05:25:56 PM »
So I guess the two top teams are the Jr. Kings in 1st with a record of 4-0 and the Jr. Gulls in 2nd at 3-1. Kings are looking to go 5-0 for the Tournament when they play the Phoenix Coyotes tomorrow morning. Their either some of the luckiest kids or that group of misfits are actually talented. Two straight banners, two consecutive weekends.

goalie_dad

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +17/-8
« Reply #489 on: December 03, 2016, 06:00:35 PM »
So I guess the two top teams are the Jr. Kings in 1st with a record of 4-0 and the Jr. Gulls in 2nd at 3-1. Kings are looking to go 5-0 for the Tournament when they play the Phoenix Coyotes tomorrow morning. Their either some of the luckiest kids or that group of misfits are actually talented. Two straight banners, two consecutive weekends.

Kings are obviously talented.

I was surprised how poorly Dallas played, they are ranked high on Myhockeyrankings (top 20 I think and Kings are 15 I think).

Ducks did decent.  They played the best 2 teams close, 1 goal loses.  The blow outs are not much to read into, they were not against starting goalies it looked like.

I would expect Brick will be mixture of Kings and "Ducks".  No Gulls, Sharks or Coyotes stood out enough to impress EK I would think.

Tommy, The Bomber

« Reply #490 on: December 03, 2016, 06:14:05 PM »
Goalie_dad, it will be interesting to see who is named as the Brick HC. If it's EK I would expect 85% to be Ducks. If it's someone else it may be more balanced. Either way I don't have a horse in that race.
.500 for the Ducks isn't decent with that much talent, the two teams they beat with that lineup were expected. They recruited from outside to beat the Kings and Gulls and didn't accomplish either one. Some will say that they only lost by 1 in each game, but at the end of the Tournament I think it still shows up as a loss!!!!! Maybe next time they will get some players that can ply together and share in the sandbox. We've been off for two weeks now, we look forward to playing again next weekend.

Disco Dan

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +17/-32
« Reply #491 on: December 04, 2016, 08:52:13 AM »
Kings defeated Phoenix 8-0 to claim the NHL Youth Cup.

Tommy, The Bomber

« Reply #492 on: December 04, 2016, 03:46:43 PM »
Goalie_dad, since all the games are done for everyone what's the line for next week. How were your predictions for the other Tournaments.

Kalishock

• Mite
  • LR Justice +2/-1
  • Don't ask the q.. if you can't handle the answer!
« Reply #493 on: December 04, 2016, 09:03:17 PM »
Its eerily quiet in here.   Didn't anyone have anything good or bad to say about the past weekend?   Hmmm.. peculiar.
Call it both ways, ref.. ya one sided bastard!

nuffsed

• Mite
  • LR Justice +4/-15
« Reply #494 on: December 04, 2016, 10:37:41 PM »
how awful would that have been had an 06 team won the tournament?  someone claimed 1/2 07's 1/2 06's. yet we over heard conversations around the RINK TWO 07's the rest 06's.

I believe the Jr Kings took the tournament after the Jr Gulls win over the Jr Coyotes Saturday. glad the smaller Jr Kings goalie got to play in the NHL Youth Cup.  They must've been worried about a come back because BIG TWO FIVE finished out the game.

Too bad the NHL Youth Cup team the Jr Ducks put together wasn't their actual team. they began to gel well after dropping the 1st 2 games.

Good luck to all SoCal teams these final 2 weeks before the Break.  Anybody playing Christmas tournaments near or far?