This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: Squirt A 2016-17  (Read 294224 times)

sjtender31

• Mite
  • LR Justice +2/-1
Re: Squirt A 2016-17
« Reply #570 on: December 12, 2016, 10:10:08 AM »
Just Saying, January 22nd, 2017 is the rematch.
Sjtender31, are you implying that no other coach prepares their kids like it's a new game. Also I wasn't referring to the tender not being a good kid or anything.
Goalie_dad, i know it's early but what's the lines and ranking for next week. It looks like the Dogs are in the top 4 finally. Lol

Tommy, not implying anything on any other coach or staff. Just speaking on what i can confirm.

Tommy, The Bomber

« Reply #571 on: December 12, 2016, 10:14:58 AM »
4BobbyOrr, well said. That's the Ice Dogs first win against a top team if I'm not mistaken. Let's let them gloat for a bit. We will see if their legit next time they play a top team.

sjtender31

• Mite
  • LR Justice +2/-1
« Reply #572 on: December 12, 2016, 10:15:24 AM »
The refs spotted us two goals???  Yes we were up 2–0;  however one of them came on the power play and one of them was SHORTHANDED!!!  The reason the game was tied at one point in the 2nd was because of those exact ticky-tack calls you referred to.  And if you were going to paint the picture about the empty net goal, tell it like it is..... you guys had a full two-man advantage and your coaches with five minutes left in the game & chose to pull the goalie.  So that gave you a three-man advantage and you got scored on again  SHORTHANDED!!!  When you're team had plenty of opportunities in the third period, they were stopped.  In fact, late in the 2nd With a 2 on 0 situation our goalie robbed your player which shifted momentum because we turned around and scored a goal (equal strength) right after.  After we scored to go ahead, your team was given numerous power-play opportunities and had no answer;  it happens, they are all young players and some days just go this way.  You have a very good little group over there,  and yesterday just wasn't their day.
Not sure what game you were watching....at no point were the ice dogs dominating; however, in several instances the kings were asleep. How does a dominating team not score more goals with multiple 5 on 3s?  I had expected a tougher team, and surely had not expected a Kings hangover.  I think I saw one play where the ice dogs actually had to work for a goal.  Reminded me a lot of the Gulls 5 to 1 defeat of the kings a few months back.  The Gulls have since lost twice to the Kings.  With respect to the goal being off, you were obviously not near the net because you could hear a dad yelling the net was off and see the goalie talking to the ref prior to the goal. Were you on rink B for this one?

To be fair, I dont recall using the word dominating and never have I insinuated that the Kings are a bad team. I do agree that the Kings may have been asleep in certain situations; it happens. I was surprised by both teams really at the failure to score on the 5 on 3 chances; however there were a few goals scored on hard work for sure. On this particular sunday the Dogs were a better team. The Dogs went through something similar with the Gulls last month as well; Dogs were god awful and the Gulls were ready to play.....again, it happens.

Tommy, The Bomber

« Reply #573 on: December 12, 2016, 10:15:44 AM »
Fair enough.

sjtender31

• Mite
  • LR Justice +2/-1
« Reply #574 on: December 12, 2016, 10:21:59 AM »
A team with a goalie from San Jose and a poster on calhockey named sjtender31 bragging in every post about how good said goalie is. Gee, I wonder who in the world could that be?

Bobby.....im definitely the goalie dad, I don't hide and made damn sure the screen name was obvious. I don't see anywhere that I am "bragging" about anything. Our tender was good when he needed to be, made some timely saves and ultimately did his job. If you know me at all, I'm the first one to tell you if our tender isn't up to par and he's my son. If I were "bragging" on anything, it would be (ironically) the fact that we scored more short handed goals than PP goals. Unless your referring to bragging where I said he was a good kid that does a good job between the pipes.....if thats the case, i'll take it.

Hockeyking

• Mite
  • LR Justice +2/-4
« Reply #575 on: December 12, 2016, 10:23:43 AM »
Does anyone have any info on the Duck (EK)/Wave game?

Tommy, The Bomber

« Reply #576 on: December 12, 2016, 10:26:44 AM »
Sjtender31, I can appreciate that you aren't hiding who you are. It will be a fun season and really competitive at the top.

sjtender31

• Mite
  • LR Justice +2/-1
« Reply #577 on: December 12, 2016, 10:32:35 AM »
Tommy, I completely agree! It is always a ton of fun seeing the progression and I really enjoy that the teams in this division have some great games. It makes for a fun season in lieu of blowout, boring games. Best of luck the rest of the way

Bear71

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +34/-9
« Reply #578 on: December 12, 2016, 11:33:56 AM »
Sjtender31, I can appreciate that you aren't hiding who you are. It will be a fun season and really competitive at the top.
TTB, your first sentence is hilarious, given some of your past posts.

Tommy, The Bomber

« Reply #579 on: December 12, 2016, 12:32:15 PM »
Bear71, you guys didn't look hard enough for me at the Semi-Finals game. I was there, I just had to move cause my legs were cramping. Lol

Just Saying

« Reply #580 on: December 12, 2016, 02:41:10 PM »
Bear71, you guys didn't look hard enough for me at the Semi-Finals game. I was there, I just had to move cause my legs were cramping. Lol

Nowhere to hide at pickwick... 

Tommy, The Bomber

« Reply #581 on: December 12, 2016, 02:47:16 PM »
We played them at Westminster.

Just Saying

« Reply #582 on: December 12, 2016, 03:07:34 PM »
Next week. Burbank. Where the staph infections come complementary.

Tommy, The Bomber

« Reply #583 on: December 12, 2016, 03:09:54 PM »
Correct but I was referring to when we played them during the Thanksgiving Tournament. Bear71 was looking for me

Just Saying

« Reply #584 on: December 13, 2016, 01:14:58 PM »
When's that line coming out?  And the new power ranking? You know, the one that still has the IDs 4th and the Bears 7th... despite the Bears having a better record and head-to-head win over the 6th ranked team.  ;)