This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: Squirt A 2016-17  (Read 294072 times)

keepdrinkinthekoolaid

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +16/-3
Re: Squirt A 2016-17
« Reply #705 on: February 13, 2017, 12:57:53 PM »
The adjectives that were used towards the ref weren't appreciated, it was wrong but sometimes you just can't take anymore of that garage. It was a big game for us and a Coach's Decision.

Adjectives used by you?  offended or were not appreciated by you?

What was wrong?

Anymore garage?  Maybe you meant garbage?

Sorry, Coach's decision doesn't fly or is SIMPLY NOT THE TRUTH.  Your son would be on the score sheet with 0 saves.  Not even being on the score sheet means they were scratched along with #14 who is on your Jr Ducks2 roster but also not on this score sheet, 02/12/17.

You are quickly losing your integrity TTB, help me understand
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 12:58:56 PM by keepdrinkinthekoolaid »

Tommy, The Bomber

« Reply #706 on: February 13, 2017, 01:05:37 PM »
I used language I shouldn't have. that was a type-o I meant garbage. We knew ahead of time that he wasn't going to play yesterday. It wasn't a surprise, Coach's Decision is another way of saying an internal issue needed to be addressed. Sometime kids need to learn lessons in life. We will be back on the ice this weekend in San Diego and against the Kings on the 26th.

keepdrinkinthekoolaid

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +16/-3
« Reply #707 on: February 13, 2017, 01:32:19 PM »
I used language I shouldn't have. that was a type-o I meant garbage. We knew ahead of time that he wasn't going to play yesterday. It wasn't a surprise, Coach's Decision is another way of saying an internal issue needed to be addressed. Sometime kids need to learn lessons in life. We will be back on the ice this weekend in San Diego and against the Kings on the 26th.

On that note, best of luck to all teams this Holiday Tournament Weekend + safe travels to all SCAHA families. 

TTB, still avoiding our question?  WHAT DID YOU SAY OR DO THAT GOT YOU THROWN OUT? 
Also, leads me right into another question?  Your athlete was not at the game yesterday because of a "internal issue that needed to be addressed" but you were there in all your glory + you even received a special invitation by the officials of that game to exit an arena that you can't stand attending, early.

Still doesn't jive or add up to me?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 01:32:50 PM by keepdrinkinthekoolaid »

Tommy, The Bomber

« Reply #708 on: February 13, 2017, 01:41:43 PM »
Lol..... I will keep that between the club, ref and I. But don't worry I won't make that mistake again.

Disco Dan

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +17/-32
« Reply #709 on: February 13, 2017, 01:49:40 PM »
If you were at the game you would've realized that the coach didn't deserve the boot. If the ref controls the game from the beginning we wouldn't have parent upset over what's going on. They need to correct the Refing issues before one of these kids gets hurt or a parent storms the ice.

Let me start by saying I agree that the officiating has been hit or miss all season.  Referees need to understand that they can set the tone early by making calls that blur the lines of legality.  It's better to err on the side of caution then to allow someone to get hurt or to have tensions escalate between players and parents because of missed calls.

That said, without the officials our kids don't get to play the game they love.  I've coached sports from NCAA Division 1 through High School and can tell you being an official is not easy.  I'm just as guilty as anyone else for abusing the refs, and in my line of work having a good rapport with them is essential in avoiding penalties.  Yet hockey will not grow without officials!  How many times have you seen ads asking for help?  Look, at the end of the day, we either need to volunteer to be educated on the rules and become officials or we all need to take a deep breath and understand they are doing the best they can.  It's tough to stay quiet, but really, our commentary doesn't help.

No officials equals no hockey.  I'm not condemning you TTB,  I'm just hoping that maybe all of us passionate people might chose to make a difference?

Tommy, The Bomber

« Reply #710 on: February 13, 2017, 01:53:06 PM »
DD, I agree and I've been on good behavior since January 1st but yesterday was a bit much. I'm even scheduling a play date with Bears71. Lol

keepdrinkinthekoolaid

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +16/-3
« Reply #711 on: February 13, 2017, 02:25:56 PM »
DD, I agree and I've been on good behavior since January 1st but yesterday was a bit much. I'm even scheduling a play date with Bears71. Lol

Well put Disco Dan.

TBT, made it a little over a month, CONGRATULATIONS!  or would you prefer us calling you goalie_dad?  Fellow teammate father of Disco Dan & #4BO you do realize this website tracks all of our IP addresses, correct?   How did you make it from SD's game to KHS to be tossed?

Let our 9 & 10 yr old athletes enjoy the greatest sport in the world!  Please save your "expertise", internal (+external) issues that need to be addressed for those that actually care.  And always remember, in order to insult someone, they must first value your opinion.. Nice try though!

Your welcome:
1) I'll save you the time of logging in as TTB, asking for goalie_dad power rankings on Wed morning,
2) logging out as TTB
3) logging in as goalie_dad
4) copy and paste from www.myhockeyrankings.com, SCAHA Squirt A, but please also add the '07 Jr Kings A
5) log out as goalie_dad
6) log back in as TTB & do whatever it is that you think you are doing

I'll ask for TTB"s, I mean goalie_dad predictions on Wed morning for the final two weeks

« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 02:46:51 PM by keepdrinkinthekoolaid »

Tommy, The Bomber

« Reply #712 on: February 13, 2017, 02:33:54 PM »
KDTK, sounds like he works for Google. Either way it will be a fun playoffs.

Tommy, The Bomber

« Reply #713 on: February 13, 2017, 02:39:41 PM »
Also considering our game was at 7:30am it would be impossible to make both games unless I owned a private helicopter which I don't considering I'm a civil servant.

keepdrinkinthekoolaid

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +16/-3
« Reply #714 on: February 13, 2017, 02:48:12 PM »
Also considering our game was at 7:30am it would be impossible to make both games unless I owned a private helicopter which I don't considering I'm a civil servant.

As a civil servant wouldn't you want the opportunity for TTB Jr to play for a team like the Artesia Wave were costs do not seem to matter?  They also seem to be a very nice group of families that are currently favored to win Squirt A?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 02:49:50 PM by keepdrinkinthekoolaid »

goalie_dad

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +17/-8
« Reply #715 on: February 13, 2017, 02:49:08 PM »
Please do not confuse me with TTB, nothing against the guy but...come on now.

Tommy, The Bomber

« Reply #716 on: February 13, 2017, 02:59:17 PM »
I wouldn't sell my soul for any amount of money. You can't put a price on freedom, nor can you put a price on right from wrong. And Goalie_dad I have no clue who you are but your lines are impressive. If you get a chance who do you see winning the tournaments this weekend.

BBelieber

• Mite
  • LR Justice +6/-0
« Reply #717 on: February 13, 2017, 04:04:23 PM »
If you were at the game you would've realized that the coach didn't deserve the boot. If the ref controls the game from the beginning we wouldn't have parent upset over what's going on. They need to correct the Refing issues before one of these kids gets hurt or a parent storms the ice.

Your coach's shenanigans (and yours, I guess?) started about the time that a kid on your team received a game misconduct for head contact.  And which team's parents were supposed to be upset?  You got tossed just because of your reaction to a perceived bad call against your team?  I'd hate to see your reaction if your kid was the one on the receiving end of the head contact.  I'm picturing you storming the ice.  Or maybe just stalking behind and cursing at the 10-year-old kid in the penalty box, like one of your parents did to the dogs' player the last time these two teams played.  Get a grip, man. 

Tommy, The Bomber

« Reply #718 on: February 13, 2017, 04:19:09 PM »
I will be the first to say there is no place in the game for head shots regardless of who does it. That's the one game I don't play, that trash is dangerous. I can't control what other parents do even if their on our club, but I have never spoken to another person's kid. It's not my place nor would I allow someone else to rip my kid. If it happened we would have words that's for sure. I may be alot but kids potentially getting hurt is not my style or makeup.

keepdrinkinthekoolaid

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +16/-3
« Reply #719 on: February 13, 2017, 05:04:06 PM »
BB, not trying to defend goalie_dad, I mean TTB but I do not think your facts are correct. 

Looking at the boxscore, the headshot penalty you are referring to happened @ 09:50 of the 2nd
(I would screenshot pic the score sheet, but it has the athletes names on it)
Looks like goalie_dad, I mean TTB & Coach got tossed @ 2:38 & 2:37 of the 2nd.

I'm pretty sure that most parents (even TTB), myself included, would not cheer head contact of any kind