This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: SQ. BB 2017/2018  (Read 77025 times)

Pistonkev

• AHL
  • LR Justice +157/-30
Re: SQ. BB 2017/2018
« Reply #75 on: March 07, 2018, 11:40:35 AM »
If you kid wants to play Hockey in CA get used to SCAHA and CAHA only favoring their clubs.

If you are not on The Kings, Ducks or Sharks it's going to be a pattern of this.

I hate this but it's 100% the truth.

trans4761

• NHL
  • LR Justice +286/-342
« Reply #76 on: March 07, 2018, 11:52:50 AM »
scaha games cannot be rescheuled,  only CAHA games.

Strawman

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +49/-47
« Reply #77 on: March 07, 2018, 12:55:07 PM »
Outrageous.  Sue.

fistocuffs

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +40/-61
« Reply #78 on: March 07, 2018, 01:07:36 PM »

100% not true. 

SCAHA A/B games cannot be canceled unless its a loss of ice situation - and they are not even canceled, they are just RESCHEDULED to a later date.
Looks like the reschedule part was never done, or they just looked at where the teams were in standings and said never mind.
But then used that missing game as a reason to strip all the other teams of a game. (Very bad idea).
This was a very poor decision made.  When the season is finalized,  SCAHA already knows what teams have more games then others to make up for odd number of teams.
Its usually 1-2 teams in a division that gets a game removed to bring them inline with the rest of the teams.  I have never seen an entire division drop games for the sake of a scheduling error (failure to create a makeup game).

Lady Byng Guy

• Mite
  • LR Justice +2/-3
« Reply #79 on: March 07, 2018, 02:03:07 PM »
Two SqA Ducks teams chose to go to tournaments instead of play a regular season game this year.  Both were given forfeits.

Avery19

• Mite
  • LR Justice +0/-0
« Reply #80 on: March 07, 2018, 02:13:47 PM »
SCAHA should not have messed with the standings.  Now, they’re either going to have disappointed kids on the Wings or the Ducks.  One of the team’s hopes were raised and then crushed because of a poorly thought out decision. 

trans4761

• NHL
  • LR Justice +286/-342
« Reply #81 on: March 07, 2018, 02:17:38 PM »

100% not true. 

SCAHA A/B games cannot be canceled unless its a loss of ice situation - and they are not even canceled, they are just RESCHEDULED to a later date.
Looks like the reschedule part was never done, or they just looked at where the teams were in standings and said never mind.
But then used that missing game as a reason to strip all the other teams of a game. (Very bad idea).
This was a very poor decision made.  When the season is finalized,  SCAHA already knows what teams have more games then others to make up for odd number of teams.
Its usually 1-2 teams in a division that gets a game removed to bring them inline with the rest of the teams.  I have never seen an entire division drop games for the sake of a scheduling error (failure to create a makeup game).
It has always been my understanding that scaha games could not be rescheduled unless, I imagine there is ice problems OR your a JK or JD  ::)

Strawman

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +49/-47
« Reply #82 on: March 07, 2018, 02:39:30 PM »

"It has always been my understanding that scaha games could not be rescheduled unless, I imagine there is ice problems OR your a JK or JD  ::) "

Trans you are right.  Scaha Rules 27.10 and 32.04 should be amended to make the JK/JD exceptions clear.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 02:39:57 PM by Strawman »

Hockey Mama

• Mite
  • LR Justice +1/-0
« Reply #83 on: March 07, 2018, 06:02:13 PM »
A RW mom here...
Yes, this whole situation is unfair.  That’s not how the season should end for our boys.  They know how to deal with their own losses, as upsetting as those might be, failures are part of learning and getting stronger in the game of hockey and in the game of life.  But this is different....  I was trying to explain the whole thing to my smart 10-years old.  He understood all the technicalities, so I added something like: “sometimes bad luck, incompetence or malevolent intentions of other people get on the way of your success despite your best effort.  We don’t know what exactly happened here... “  He gave me a sharp look and replied:  “Of course, it was intentional! Corruption... ”  Perhaps, as an immigrant from another country I did too good of a job teaching my children how everything in society could be much much worse, how motivating fair competition could be, how important it is to maintain standards, follow rules, and speak the truth as you know it, etc.  Fighting or even approaching SCAHA most likely will be a loosing game and a waste of time for our small club on this one.  I personally wouldn’t go all out just to secure my son’s team position in the playoffs. There is more to hockey than just one lost spot in the playoffs and there is more to life than my son’s hockey.  If it’s just one unlucky incident, I’m more than willing to forgive and forget.  But if the practices of SCAHA are not fair or ethical, eventually it will effect all of our kids.  We don’t want them to become cynical or feel and act like resentful victims.  That might be something worse fighting for.

SapphirePools

• Mite
  • LR Justice +0/-0
« Reply #84 on: March 07, 2018, 07:24:53 PM »
My son is one of SCAHA’s victims. He is the goalie. Ranked 3rd in the league. He is the 3rd smallest kid on the team. He has ADHD. He has to work extra hard to achieve his goals. Thank you SCAHA, for nothing I guess. Today is his birthday, and I get to explain “biased corruption” to my 11 year old. I get to explain why big corps want to eliminate diversity. Let’s just have 10 Duck teams and 10 kings teams and be done with it... well, that’s what’s actually going on anyways. The last mom and pop club is here, and everybody is sitting back waiting for it to die. Thanks Ducks! Thanks SCAHA! What an example!

Avery19

• Mite
  • LR Justice +0/-0
« Reply #85 on: March 07, 2018, 07:43:51 PM »
Has anyone noticed that almost all of the SCAHA board is from OC?  Clear Ducks bias there.

Pistonkev

• AHL
  • LR Justice +157/-30
« Reply #86 on: March 07, 2018, 07:57:54 PM »
My son is one of SCAHA’s victims. He is the goalie. Ranked 3rd in the league. He is the 3rd smallest kid on the team. He has ADHD. He has to work extra hard to achieve his goals. Thank you SCAHA, for nothing I guess. Today is his birthday, and I get to explain “biased corruption” to my 11 year old. I get to explain why big corps want to eliminate diversity. Let’s just have 10 Duck teams and 10 kings teams and be done with it... well, that’s what’s actually going on anyways. The last mom and pop club is here, and everybody is sitting back waiting for it to die. Thanks Ducks! Thanks SCAHA! What an example!

I feel sorry for your son and club. We have always played for smaller clubs and have been screwed over many times. SCAHA and CAHA is what is killing CA hockey.

Xmandad

• Mite
  • LR Justice +1/-0
« Reply #87 on: March 07, 2018, 08:05:37 PM »
Two SqA Ducks teams chose to go to tournaments instead of play a regular season game this year.  Both were given forfeits.
Actually 3 SqA teams missed scheduled games . 1 got a reschedule. 2 we’re forfeit.

Top Shelf

• Mite
  • LR Justice +3/-0
« Reply #88 on: March 07, 2018, 08:17:03 PM »
Actually 3 SqA teams missed scheduled games . 1 got a reschedule. 2 we’re forfeit.

You mean they didn't deem it a canceled game and subtract a random game from the other 17 teams in the division so all teams could play the same amount of games?
That's just wacky.  ::)

Xmandad

• Mite
  • LR Justice +1/-0
« Reply #89 on: March 07, 2018, 08:34:51 PM »

You mean they didn't deem it a canceled game and subtract a random game from the other 17 teams in the division so all teams could play the same amount of games?
That's just wacky.  ::)

You think that’s the only thing Wacky? SCAHA forced Ducks1 to forfeit on a pre requested date for a tournament. Ducks 3 the same. Ducks2 had to fly a goalie back from the NHL cup in Dallas early(both goalies were there) and play without 3 defenders to avoid a forfeit. The Kings2 was able to request and reschedule to an earlier Sat. to avoid a forfeit. They lost anyway. So yes SqA was a bit wacky! Not as bad as this drop a random game garbage! SCAHA should be ashamed.