This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: Squirt A 2017-18  (Read 115993 times)

Hackey11

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +2/-3
Re: Squirt A 2017-18
« Reply #120 on: November 12, 2017, 05:25:54 PM »
Empire-6 to Jr Kings(1)-2

Gary Sargent

• Mite
  • LR Justice +2/-0
« Reply #121 on: November 12, 2017, 06:28:56 PM »
Flyers over Ducks 2
7 to 3

Disco Dan

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +17/-32
« Reply #122 on: November 12, 2017, 08:50:49 PM »
Flyers over Ducks 2
7 to 3
[/quote

Wow, nice win Flyers!   Any info on this game?

goalie_dad

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +17/-8
« Reply #123 on: November 12, 2017, 09:00:27 PM »
Flyers over Ducks 2
7 to 3

That’s a lot of goals for the Ducks (2) to give up, what happened?

Gary Sargent

• Mite
  • LR Justice +2/-0
« Reply #124 on: November 12, 2017, 09:15:01 PM »
Flyers had a good game. End of the first I think it was 3 to 0 Flyers. Shots were Close to even at the end of the game.

Duck parent told me the coaching staff was comprised of replacements and a defender or two were gone.

In the end Flyers played a solid game. It was closer than the score sheet will read.

Disco Dan

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +17/-32
« Reply #125 on: November 12, 2017, 09:22:18 PM »
No excuses, Ducks!  Everyone misses kids and coaches from time to time.  Nice work, Flyers.  That just goes to show that every team has its ups and downs.

give it a rip

• Mite
  • LR Justice +2/-0
« Reply #126 on: November 13, 2017, 11:07:51 AM »
Good job Flyers, it definitely makes things more interesting now that we've had a few upsets in the books.

I guess I was wrong about the IceDogs, from the score sheet it looks like it was the Heat who amped up the rough play.

Thanksgiving in San Diego will be pretty interesting with 5 of the top 6/7 teams in the tournament.

Anyone know the score in the JD3 vs Bears game?

SDhockeydad07

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +9/-2
« Reply #127 on: November 13, 2017, 12:23:55 PM »
Gulls over JD(1) 6-3

Lots of back and forth action and not much room to do much early on for either team. 2nd period saw a lot more space and plenty of scoring. 3rd period was more Gulls offense. 

JD(1) rotated their goalies a couple times (contrary to what the scoresheet says at scaha) and one did decidedly better than the other. I mean I realize that if you have 2 goalies at this age group, it's not real fair (or fun for the kid) to sit one the whole game each time, but I really can't see a benefit to either kid when they are getting shuffled in and out at that position a few times a game.

give it a rip

• Mite
  • LR Justice +2/-0
« Reply #128 on: November 13, 2017, 04:10:31 PM »
Gulls over JD(1) 6-3

Lots of back and forth action and not much room to do much early on for either team. 2nd period saw a lot more space and plenty of scoring. 3rd period was more Gulls offense. 

JD(1) rotated their goalies a couple times (contrary to what the scoresheet says at scaha) and one did decidedly better than the other. I mean I realize that if you have 2 goalies at this age group, it's not real fair (or fun for the kid) to sit one the whole game each time, but I really can't see a benefit to either kid when they are getting shuffled in and out at that position a few times a game.

I agree, I've watched several of their games and this constant janking the goalies in and out of the game can't be good.  You're going to end up stunting their development and it can only hurt their enjoyment of the game.  It's tough being a goalie parent but this has got to really suck.

OCHockeyDad07

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +1/-0
« Reply #129 on: November 13, 2017, 09:28:09 PM »
Gulls over JD(1) 6-3

I agree, I've watched several of their games and this constant janking the goalies in and out of the game can't be good.  You're going to end up stunting their development and it can only hurt their enjoyment of the game.  It's tough being a goalie parent but this has got to really suck.

Curious, how often they switch goalies in a game?

JustAnotherHockeyParent

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +1/-4
« Reply #130 on: November 14, 2017, 05:46:26 AM »
On a different topic, it looks like things may have gotten heated towards the end of the Ducks 3 vs. Bears game. Any color commentary?

SDhockeydad07

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +9/-2
« Reply #131 on: November 14, 2017, 08:15:51 AM »

Curious, how often they switch goalies in a game?

Seems like they switched halfway through each period, though I could be wrong. There were at least 3 swaps, two coming in the middle of the period.

I've seen one swap in the middle of the 2nd, which I think is probably the best way to do it if you have to swap. Maybe there was an equipment issue with one of the goalies or something.

Hockeydad30

• Mite
  • LR Justice +1/-0
« Reply #132 on: November 16, 2017, 02:42:11 PM »
Bears over Mariners not going to be close
Kings2 over Empire not going to be close
Dogs over Ducks (1) close game
Ducks (2)  over Gulls not going to be close
Flyers over Ducks (3) ducks have been playing well but I think this game will not be close

The game to see who gets first win of season Kings (1) vs Heat.  I will take the Heat in this one should be close game.

close games = 1 or 2 goal difference

give it a rip

• Mite
  • LR Justice +2/-0
« Reply #133 on: November 17, 2017, 10:36:59 AM »
Flyers over Ducks (3) ducks have been playing well but I think this game will not be close

The game to see who gets first win of season Kings (1) vs Heat.  I will take the Heat in this one should be close game.

Bears vs Mariners:  I think it will be close, looks like a tie to me.

Kings2 vs Empire: Kings win easy.  It will be interesting to see where they stand once they start playing some of the better teams.  So far they've only played 3 top teams (Jr Sharks 07s, JD2, Gulls) and are 0-4-1 in those games.  Plus the Thanksgiving tournament is not going to offer much challenge for them.

Dogs vs JD1:  JD1 have been blown out in their last 7 games (including the Chicago tournament) and need to get it together.  I think the Dogs win by 2.

JD2 vs Gulls:  Gulls beat the Ducks in a Tournament game, JD2 beat the gulls in a preseason game.  I would expect a close game, I'm going with a tie.  These teams could play each other another couple times over Thanksgiving so we'll see who is actually the top dog.

Flyers vs JD3:  Both teams seem to score a bunch (and let in just a many).  Flyers win (maybe another 12-7 score).

Kings1 vs Heat:  Heat will lose the bagel.

SDhockeydad07

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +9/-2
« Reply #134 on: November 18, 2017, 01:25:12 PM »

Bears vs Mariners:  I think it will be close, looks like a tie to me.

Kings2 vs Empire: Kings win easy.  It will be interesting to see where they stand once they start playing some of the better teams.  So far they've only played 3 top teams (Jr Sharks 07s, JD2, Gulls) and are 0-4-1 in those games.  Plus the Thanksgiving tournament is not going to offer much challenge for them.

Dogs vs JD1:  JD1 have been blown out in their last 7 games (including the Chicago tournament) and need to get it together.  I think the Dogs win by 2.

JD2 vs Gulls:  Gulls beat the Ducks in a Tournament game, JD2 beat the gulls in a preseason game.  I would expect a close game, I'm going with a tie.  These teams could play each other another couple times over Thanksgiving so we'll see who is actually the top dog.

Flyers vs JD3:  Both teams seem to score a bunch (and let in just a many).  Flyers win (maybe another 12-7 score).

Kings1 vs Heat:  Heat will lose the bagel.

Kings2 vs Empire: Kings win, and easy.  Though I'd like to see how they look once they start playing more teams in the top half of the table, particularly
JD2 and the Flyers.

Dogs vs JD1:  Dogs over JD1, but it'll be close.  JD1 needs more scoring support... one kid has 8 of the team's 11 goals scored over the 4 games they've played so far.

JD2 vs Gulls: I agree about the JD2 v Gulls game. Not sure why Hockeydad30 thinks it won't be a close game, not only for the reasons you stated, but also because there is very little separation amongst the top 4 teams.  Any of them could beat each other on any given Sunday.  And the next 3-5 teams aren't so far below those top 4 that they couldn't throw an upset or two into the mix as the season wears on.

Flyers vs JD3:  Flyers win.

Kings1 vs Heat:  Heat win big.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 01:27:29 PM by SDhockeydad07 »