This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: What AA Bantam Teams for 2018-19?  (Read 287920 times)

JackBender

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +49/-20
    • Tom's Chuckle Barn
Re: What AA Bantam Teams for 2018-19?
« Reply #420 on: September 01, 2018, 05:53:38 PM »
Curious... how long were your games?
I'm your Huckleberry

justanotherhockeydad

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +59/-56
« Reply #421 on: September 01, 2018, 06:02:39 PM »
Curious... how long were your games?
Two 20-min halves, with running clock... #lameAF

JackBender

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +49/-20
    • Tom's Chuckle Barn
« Reply #422 on: September 01, 2018, 06:17:24 PM »
Same.  But the CAHA Guidebook and Rules 2017-2019 states it should be (2) 25-minute periods. 

To be exact...

On Page 31:
9.9 CAHA TIER II FLIGHT SYSTEM ADMINISTRATIVE GUIDELINES:
6) Evaluation Jamboree format will be 1-hour mini game slots, with a 3-minute warmup, (2) 25-minute runtime periods, and a 1-minute intermission between periods.

I mean, seriously?  It's bad enough we're forced to do this ridiculous event... but they're blatantly ripping us all off and not even following their own guidelines?  How are managers and coaches and organizations standing for this nonsense?
I'm your Huckleberry

lcadad

• AHL
  • LR Justice +151/-121
« Reply #423 on: September 02, 2018, 12:36:44 AM »
It's all going to work out in the end -- I heard a rumor they will be giving us all a coupon in Vacaville for a $1.00 discount on a roll of tape. 

Hockey05

• Midget
  • LR Justice +59/-33
« Reply #424 on: September 02, 2018, 07:57:34 AM »
They should start with an apology for this utter non-sense.  After that we can look at the financials as to how much money of every 12, 14 & 16 year old player they have wasted for the last two years. 
Pulling kids out of school early, flying on planes from up North, hotels and multiple long car rides is just scratching the surface here and it is almost surprising no club has just flat out refused to play.  At least half of the teams already know where they are going to placed before this dumb event occurs.
How many minutes of real ice time were all of these teams shorted for this evaluation? 

And maybe I'm missing something here, but you can't find scores anywhere?  This whole thing is shrouded in secrecy. 

The organization called CAHA has lost sight of their goal with this event:

• To encourage, foster and promote the development and growth of the sport of amateur ice hockey within the State of California.

If you volunteer or work for the organization start asking questions.  Because the line out the door to leave California is a long one and it seems to grow with each passing day:   

29.2 CAHA shall not be operated in a manner which will generate pecuniary gain or profit for any Member Association or individual and is organized solely for nonprofit purposes. [size=78%]  [/size]

Lastly, I've seen a few darn good hockey teams which I believe could compete at AAA.  I am impressed.  Why the heck can't some of these players be playing against the best AAA players in the state.  Cut out the red tape.  It might make AAA hockey in California a bit easier. 

« Last Edit: September 02, 2018, 07:59:24 AM by Hockey05 »

Hockey sophist

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +50/-98
« Reply #425 on: September 02, 2018, 08:58:03 AM »
They should start with an apology for this utter non-sense.  After that we can look at the financials as to how much money of every 12, 14 & 16 year old player they have wasted for the last two years. 
Pulling kids out of school early, flying on planes from up North, hotels and multiple long car rides is just scratching the surface here and it is almost surprising no club has just flat out refused to play.  At least half of the teams already know where they are going to placed before this dumb event occurs.
How many minutes of real ice time were all of these teams shorted for this evaluation? 

And maybe I'm missing something here, but you can't find scores anywhere?  This whole thing is shrouded in secrecy. 

The organization called CAHA has lost sight of their goal with this event:

• To encourage, foster and promote the development and growth of the sport of amateur ice hockey within the State of California.

If you volunteer or work for the organization start asking questions.  Because the line out the door to leave California is a long one and it seems to grow with each passing day:   

29.2 CAHA shall not be operated in a manner which will generate pecuniary gain or profit for any Member Association or individual and is organized solely for nonprofit purposes. [size=78%]  [/size]

Lastly, I've seen a few darn good hockey teams which I believe could compete at AAA.  I am impressed.  Why the heck can't some of these players be playing against the best AAA players in the state.  Cut out the red tape.  It might make AAA hockey in California a bit easier.
Good post Hockey 05.    The secrecy around scores is particularly annoying.

Nowhearthis

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +26/-12
« Reply #426 on: September 02, 2018, 03:17:08 PM »
CAHA's continuing actions al but guarantee the growth of exodus when possible, including all the happy high school families now in the ADHSL system.

Landshark

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +77/-47
« Reply #427 on: September 02, 2018, 06:45:17 PM »
I’d go even further. Two teams in flight one. The rest in flight two. It seems kind of cold, but we have definitive proof from a trusted jamboree system and it would be foolish to do anything else.

King4life

• Mite
  • LR Justice +1/-72
« Reply #428 on: September 02, 2018, 07:20:50 PM »
Bears1 Kings2 Saints and GSE2 in AA.  Rest to A. 

lcadad

• AHL
  • LR Justice +151/-121
« Reply #429 on: September 02, 2018, 09:39:41 PM »
I’d go even further. Two teams in flight one. The rest in flight two. It seems kind of cold, but we have definitive proof from a trusted jamboree system and it would be foolish to do anything else.

If CAHA would simply implement a full 7 game NHL style playoff system, in 2 or 3 years from now we will have a damn good idea of which teams belong where.  Sure it would take a while and cost quite a bit, but the final product would go a long way towards the ultimate goal of making sure that certain teams never have to suffer the indignity of beating another team soundly, and that's not even touching upon the value that the Flight system has in the fight against world hunger.

I also want to give a shout out to CAHA for their compassionate decision to schedule Empire for a 5th game, having no doubt heard that they had 2 injured players who will now miss a chunk of time with broken arms/wrists.    ::)

At least this will go some ways towards rehabilitating the word "Jamboree" from its reputation across the rest of the hockey world, as something that involves kids from 4-7 playing cross ice games where they don't keep score.  Our Jamboree keeps score, but they just don't publish it anywhere.

« Last Edit: September 02, 2018, 09:41:01 PM by lcadad »

justanotherhockeydad

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +59/-56
« Reply #430 on: September 03, 2018, 01:13:26 PM »
Bantam AA Flight 1 will be a grind this season. Any Flight 1 team can be beaten on any given night, but here goes my list of teams that should be a lock for Flight 1, in no particular order.

GSE2
OCHC1
Saints1
Wave1
Bears1

Nowhearthis

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +26/-12
« Reply #431 on: September 03, 2018, 02:43:43 PM »
Gotta throw in the Kings and Ducks.  They need to save face with the clientele.  Sparring teams.

King4life

• Mite
  • LR Justice +1/-72
« Reply #432 on: September 03, 2018, 03:05:30 PM »
Both king teams should be in flight 1!  They were amazing

justanotherhockeydad

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +59/-56
« Reply #433 on: September 03, 2018, 04:13:45 PM »
Both king teams should be in flight 1!  They were amazing
Not sure about amazing, but yes, both teams could be Flight 1 and if not, they would be top dogs in Flight 2.

M@sshole

• Mite
  • LR Justice +4/-2
« Reply #434 on: September 03, 2018, 04:28:48 PM »
Bantam AA Flight 1 will be a grind this season. Any Flight 1 team can be beaten on any given night, but here goes my list of teams that should be a lock for Flight 1, in no particular order.

GSE2
OCHC1
Saints1
Wave1
Bears1

Agree with your top 5. All looked strong from the games I saw.

Valencia looked good - albeit from only 5 minutes I caught of their game vs Kings-1.  I'd say Kings-2 is stronger than Kings-1.  We'll see how the chips fall...