This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: What AA Bantam Teams for 2018-19?  (Read 287922 times)

SkatingDad

• Midget
  • LR Justice +60/-91
Re: What AA Bantam Teams for 2018-19?
« Reply #465 on: September 05, 2018, 11:53:31 AM »
The Flight system works as it should. Basically creates a new division between AA and A, Flight 2 is basically AA-B. The only ones that bitch are the teams that think they should be Flight 1. With 10 teams in Flight 1, you get to play everyone twice during CAHA weekends. Our boys don't want to play the Flight 2 teams, the same way that the Flight 2 teams don't want to play 14U A teams.
The thing they need to fix is the Jamboree. Have it on an off weekend, not on Labor Day when teams would rather be playing a tournament to get ready for the season. Maybe start it off locally so teams don't have to travel, and then have your bubble teams play another weekend, if they actually want the chance to play up to Filght 1.
As for AAA, not one of the top 5 Flight teams would move their teams to AAA, but I'm sure there are some Flight 2 teams that think they are good enough, and of course the Reign would have their AAA team.

This does not stop flight 1 playing flight 2 in exhibition games.  All the issues of not playing a lower level team does not make any since they still have to play each other. They do not play in games that count which if you are a top flight 1 team why would you care if you blow someone out in a CAHA weekend versus a SCAHA weekend.

justanotherhockeydad

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +59/-56
« Reply #466 on: September 05, 2018, 12:19:45 PM »
can someone please post scores of all the jamboree games so we can further speculate flight status of each team?

Teemu8

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +32/-18
« Reply #467 on: September 05, 2018, 12:24:03 PM »
The Flight system works as it should. Basically creates a new division between AA and A, Flight 2 is basically AA-B. The only ones that bitch are the teams that think they should be Flight 1. With 10 teams in Flight 1, you get to play everyone twice during CAHA weekends. Our boys don't want to play the Flight 2 teams, the same way that the Flight 2 teams don't want to play 14U A teams.
The thing they need to fix is the Jamboree. Have it on an off weekend, not on Labor Day when teams would rather be playing a tournament to get ready for the season. Maybe start it off locally so teams don't have to travel, and then have your bubble teams play another weekend, if they actually want the chance to play up to Filght 1.
As for AAA, not one of the top 5 Flight teams would move their teams to AAA, but I'm sure there are some Flight 2 teams that think they are good enough, and of course the Reign would have their AAA team.

This does not stop flight 1 playing flight 2 in exhibition games.  All the issues of not playing a lower level team does not make any since they still have to play each other. They do not play in games that count which if you are a top flight 1 team why would you care if you blow someone out in a CAHA weekend versus a SCAHA weekend.

This started because the norcal teams were complaining that they had to come down to riverside or KHS to play the reign or other crappy teams and win by 20. 

Oilers1966

• Mite
  • LR Justice +28/-16
« Reply #468 on: September 05, 2018, 12:52:04 PM »
As for AAA, not one of the top 5 Flight teams would move their teams to AAA,

Why would they not want to be in AAA ?

Reasons could be  or am I missing something.

Not strong enough for AAA ( Would be not fun for current AAA teams)
Cost
1st place is more important then close games or losing ?

Just asking - Parents do not take it personal ( some  should switch to decaf )

Hockey05

• Midget
  • LR Justice +59/-33
« Reply #469 on: September 05, 2018, 01:49:25 PM »
I believe if you could prevent some of these players from leaving, there would be enough players to have at least 2-3 more top 50 AAA teams nationally.  As you look past bantam at high school options or 16AA there are very limited choices for a lot of kids that want to keep playing seriously AND for families that want to continue to support their dream. 

area51

• Midget
  • LR Justice +82/-61
« Reply #470 on: September 05, 2018, 03:21:20 PM »

Cost

1. School
2. Cost
3. Not strong enough for AAA

Hockey05

• Midget
  • LR Justice +59/-33
« Reply #471 on: September 05, 2018, 06:12:49 PM »

Cost

Besides school, cost and ability, the biggest drawback is that they aren’t allowed to due to rules.  I have a hard time believing that if they were allowed to, one or two of those teams wouldn’t declare AAA.

King4life

• Mite
  • LR Justice +1/-72
« Reply #472 on: September 05, 2018, 08:17:46 PM »
I know for a FACT kings1 would go AAA if they could.  They have major upside and potential. 

JackBender

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +49/-20
    • Tom's Chuckle Barn
« Reply #473 on: September 06, 2018, 12:03:28 PM »
The Kings already have TWO AAA teams... not sure they need a 3rd. I think the discussion was more about non-Kings/Ducks/Sharks clubs being given the opportunity to play AAA... with the overall goal to retain more kids and allow for more AAA options in Cali. As is, either you play for those three big clubs or you play AA or leave.

The Flight system also works decently.  It was evident from the puck drop this weekend which teams shouldn't be there or should drop totally. Points to CAHA for at least recognizing that and trying to make traveling to games worthwhile.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2018, 12:05:58 PM by JackBender »
I'm your Huckleberry

Voice in ur head

• Mite
  • LR Justice +29/-15
« Reply #474 on: September 06, 2018, 12:23:44 PM »
Even though the flight system is not going to please everyone, it is pretty close. The way to fix the problem is simple, either have the coaches appropriately choose their division and not force A kids into AA when the kids would be better served in A, or allow CAHA the right to place teams where they think they should go. CAHA would have the ability to move teams up or down. I think that would eliminate those coaches who think their team is better than it really is and fixes the coaches who try to sandbag to look good.

Although I am not an advocate of Flight 2, I think paying AA prices for the chance to play for nothing isn’t appropriate. If Flight 2 were to play A, those teams would be able to play for playoffs and a title, while paying A prices.

The answer is somewhere in between.

lcadad

• AHL
  • LR Justice +151/-121
« Reply #475 on: September 06, 2018, 01:47:52 PM »
I know for a FACT kings1 would go AAA if they could.  They have major upside and potential.

I couldn't decide if this was a parody account or not.   ;D    Well trolled.

Nowhearthis

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +26/-12
« Reply #476 on: September 06, 2018, 04:26:46 PM »
K4Life is obviously worried about his team.  He/she keeps trying to sell it.  But no one is listening.

King4life

• Mite
  • LR Justice +1/-72
« Reply #477 on: September 07, 2018, 07:18:29 AM »
Nowhearthis obviously your listening since you comment on my post.  Don’t be a smart azz.  Kings1 is flight1 and will be challenging for top spot. 

Fowlmood

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +9/-34
« Reply #478 on: September 07, 2018, 11:43:44 AM »
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

King4life

• Mite
  • LR Justice +1/-72
« Reply #479 on: September 07, 2018, 12:17:22 PM »
I’ve noticed a lot of jealousy in here.  I understand that many of you want your kids playing at TSC. Best coaches, best ice and you even get to see real NHL players walking around.  How great is that!?